The Motorola Defy Thread

killmastern3 said:
Try ADW Launcher Ex. I feel its at least as smooth as Launcher Pro if not better. It has more customizing options too. I have tried all the launchers out there but i always end up with adw.
I did feel that launcherpro did not have enough customizing options. Now ADWLauncher EX is great! But the speed at which the app drawer opens up is still not as fast as launcher pro.

Is it possible through some tweak to use Launcher Pro's app drawer with ADW?

kvikram said:
I did feel that launcherpro did not have enough customizing options. Now ADWLauncher EX is great! But the speed at which the app drawer opens up is still not as fast as launcher pro.

Is it possible through some tweak to use Launcher Pro's app drawer with ADW?
Not that i know of.

killmastern3 said:
Damn!! I seem to have an earpiece problem. Getting crackling sounds during calls.
It happens to me also but only very very rarely. Does it happen all the time for you? How did it start since you purchased in April?

Aladdin said:
It happens to me also but only very very rarely. Does it happen all the time for you? How did it start since you purchased in April?
Its beem there for the past two days continuously. I cant understand what the other guy is speaking, that bad.

sg3707 said:
The 2.2 froyo update is again up on the motorola's website...

The new build is JEM_3.4.3-36-1.7

Software Update - Country Selector

Updated myself. The phone crashed after 1 day and had to go to stock recovery and reset cache and data.

Actually no improvents either in battery or performance and added to that the crash...

Even for me the ear peice sounds metallic some time but not to an extent that I cannot understand the voice...

Some people reported that this could happen if water went inside the ear peice hole

Upgraded to Quarx CM7-RC1 .. Phone clocked at 1.2 Ghz now .. Running super fluid ... :D .. Battery same if not better than Froyo.

As for the Launcher debate .. I've found nothing faster and better looking than Go Launcher.

Side scrolling app drawer .. with its own selection of widgets like SMS, Calendar, Task Manager, Keyboard, FB.

Everything fits nicely and a whole bunch of themes to go along with.

Home screen scrolling is very responsive.

dexBG said:
Upgraded to Quarx CM7-RC1 .. Phone clocked at 1.2 Ghz now .. Running super fluid ... :D .. Battery same if not better than Froyo.

As for the Launcher debate .. I've found nothing faster and better looking than Go Launcher.

Side scrolling app drawer .. with its own selection of widgets like SMS, Calendar, Task Manager, Keyboard, FB.

Everything fits nicely and a whole bunch of themes to go along with.

Home screen scrolling is very responsive.
I personally feel go launcher themes are gaudy. I always end up with adw.

Using jboogie3's liquid arc gingerbread now. Its pretty good. Will try iao72's motoginger today. It looks pretty good too. So defy now has 5 gingerbread custom roms.

As for the earpiece, I am wondering weather to send it to moto our do it myself. Changing the earpiece of the defy looks ridiculously easy. If I send to moto, I will have to wait for a month and I definitely can't live without my phone for a month. I would just need an earpiece of k550i, it fits perfect in the defy and also improves the voice quality. Any suggestion guys? Meanwhile I an changing roms like crazy. Installed 3 in the last two days.

okay so how difficult or easy it is to install froyo from the motorola site(yes im still running eclair on my defy) or should i take it to the service center and get froyo installed. the service center is just a 5min distance from my place

hunterjack said:
okay so how difficult or easy it is to install froyo from the motorola site(yes im still running eclair on my defy) or should i take it to the service center and get froyo installed. the service center is just a 5min distance from my place

Then go to the service center, why get into the Rooting+RSD+Flashing new ROM :)

hunterjack said:
It is very easy. Just like installing a software. Better try urslef. I u dont want do this atleast then android is of no use to you.

can a rooted motorola defy with 2.1 stock eclair be upgraded to the 2.2 froyo just like a unrooted moto defy?...or will there be difficulties & should the defy be unrooted b4 upgradinng to 2.2 ?

If you are flashing a full 2.2 sbf then it simply overwrites everything something like a format and install so it doesnt matter if you rooted or not but you will loose downgrade ability to 2.1

You can flash a 2.2 nandroid backup and a fixed sbf to keep retain downgrade option, for this you need a rooted phone with custom recovery.

Techie#1 said:
can a rooted motorola defy with 2.1 stock eclair be upgraded to the 2.2 froyo just like a unrooted moto defy?...or will there be difficulties & should the defy be unrooted b4 upgradinng to 2.2 ?
Your rooted phone won't even be recognized by the MSU. You need to unroot it first..

Back