The Motorola Defy Thread

kvikram said:
The default ADW launcher on CM7 is very slow IMO. I always launcherpro.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Default CM7 launcher is the ADW Playground or some such. ADW EX(paid version) is the best launcher IMO.

sg3707 said:
For CM7 the default one is ADW launcher. CM7 is no way slow. It is super fast. There may some issue with the version you installed. You could try the new RC1.5 or may be a new launcher like launcher Pro.

I am on 0822 boot179-4 Nightly and it is stable and fast.

i had installed the RC1v2 and yes the user interface was quite laggy that's why i switched back to WajkIUI...

I used ADW Launcher EX and LauncherPro one month each. I finally settled with LauncherPro. Although nothing can beat the customizability of ADW Launcher EX, I still don't think it matches the speed of LauncherPro.

My Defy is stuck at Motorola Logo... Please help...

Day before yesterday i had restored the nandroid backup of the motorola froyo... i used it for quite sometime and after watching that the new WajkIUI version has been released... I had put the WajkIUI zip in the root of the SD card... But after booting the phone my defy's led was not glowing like before and even after pressing the volume down key my phone was not going into recovery... So i booted the phone normally and went into the system recovery application which was already installed (nandroid backup) and hit the install recovery button... After that i pressed the "enter into recovery button"... after all this my phone booted into recovery mode... i wiped data/cache partition/dalvik/battery stats and i installed the WakjIUI 1.9.9... After flashing this rom the phone is stuck at "M" logo :(

please help.. TIA

Should i flash the Full SBF for SEA using RSD Lite?

Guys waiting for your reply

Hades. said:
My Defy is stuck at Motorola Logo... Please help...

Day before yesterday i had restored the nandroid backup of the motorola froyo... i used it for quite sometime and after watching that the new WajkIUI version has been released... I had put the WajkIUI zip in the root of the SD card... But after booting the phone my defy's led was not glowing like before and even after pressing the volume down key my phone was not going into recovery... So i booted the phone normally and went into the system recovery application which was already installed (nandroid backup) and hit the install recovery button... After that i pressed the "enter into recovery button"... after all this my phone booted into recovery mode... i wiped data/cache partition/dalvik/battery stats and i installed the WakjIUI 1.9.9... After flashing this rom the phone is stuck at "M" logo :(

please help.. TIA

Should i flash the Full SBF for SEA using RSD Lite?

Is it possible to set the volume control buttons so that they control only the media volume, and not the ringer volume, even if I'm not playing any media? I'm using CM7.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Hmmm... By Motorola Froyo you mean SEA15 rite.. Whenever installing any of these, start from Nordic, starting from SEA15 can give multiple issues.. Nordic is the base for CM7/MIUI/Wakjui..

If unable to go into stock recovery via 2nd init, press Power+Volume Down to boot and you go into Stock Recovery..

Hades. said:
i was not able to go into recovery... anyways i solved the problem myself... Flashed the fullSBF... And the phone came back to life... :)

Don't you thank Moto for locking the Boootloader now... !!!

^after a year its difficult to ascertain. Depends on where you sell it. In brick and mortar shops it is very difficult to sell a motorola phone nowadays considering many people wrongly consider motorola is over and out. But online you might get decent return. My guess one year down the line will be around 4k which is conservative assessment.

got my DEFY today... im as lost as a kid in a candy store coming from S60... all excited to discover android... guess its gonna take me while bfore i flash any custom roms... ;)

rajivnairr said:
got my DEFY today... im as lost as a kid in a candy store coming from S60... all excited to discover android... guess its gonna take me while bfore i flash any custom roms... ;)
welcome to android,,explore it a while,,i upgraded to cm7 after trying the froyo for 2-3 dys..cm7 android 2.3.4 is awesome, although bit unstable here n there- u need to do a reboot,,but worth it,,root the phone and install rom manger,its better than other methods

dude. congrats for your purchase. how has it been so far? I'm pretty bummed about the battery life. am on stock froyo with go launcher. how is cm7? especially the battery life.

satyanjoy said:
welcome to android,,explore it a while,,i upgraded to cm7 after trying the froyo for 2-3 dys..cm7 android 2.3.4 is awesome, although bit unstable here n there- u need to do a reboot,,but worth it,,root the phone and install rom manger,its better than other methods

Back