The Motorola Defy Thread

Hades. said:
Guys can i install the Rom Manager from android market to take a nandroid backup? or should i use the Rom manager which is specially made for defy by an xda developer? and does nandroid backup also back ups the sms's? and if i want all the sms's back on the newly installed custom rom then what i would have to do?

TIA:)

Use the 2ndinit one, You can also use the rom manager one from market but it has issues with CM7 and certain ROM's. The market one caused boot loop for me on CM7.

There is an APP called SMS backup+ to backup SMS...

where did u get 1.8.19 ........?? any link ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and whats the difference bw nordic froyo and sea -15 one ?? i want to install barebones froyo help needed

On a side note -- let me now comment on the build quality of the phone with this "real world" test . Two days back I was hit by a careless motorist while i was riding back home from office on my bike. I was riding at 40 kmph The result was I fell off the bike and sustained some injuries. My Motorola Defy was in the left hand side pocket of my trousers. My weight along with the weight of the entire bike fell on the left leg. I thought my Defy was a goner. I had injuries and flesh wounds, the new bike had a broken headlight fairing and some major scratches, my trousers were torn and my helmet was scratched and the visor was shattered. There was no way my phone could have survived the impact. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the phone and not a single scratch. To make things worse I got a call from office just at that moment as I was inspecting the phone asking me to get some additional work done at home. Those @^#%^$&#%*&@%! This phone continues to amaze me with its build quality!

Motorola Defy -> Don't have an accident! If you do have an accident,remember it was an accident and accidents happen!

phone usually survive these things re , unless its tooo bad. I remember i had a pretty bad accident . I turned over my cbz-x on right side with my N-73 in my right pocket. Not a single scratch.

The default CM7 theme is with a black background and white text. What theme provides a white background and black text. I need something similar to the default theme provided with CM7.

@Chirag-- the bike is perfect got it repaired no issues - the scratches were buffed out and I applied vinyl strips to mask the damage. I can't claim insurance because the RTO registrations hasn't been done yet. The bike looks nice and clean now(as good as new!).

sunny27 said:
The default CM7 theme is with a black background and white text. What theme provides a white background and black text. I need something similar to the default theme provided with CM7.

@Chirag-- the bike is perfect got it repaired no issues - the scratches were buffed out and I applied vinyl strips to mask the damage. I can't claim insurance because the RTO registrations hasn't been done yet. The bike looks nice and clean now(as good as new!).

I think there is a theme called simple white in the market . search market for "cm7 white" and you might get it.else I will find out more and post here.

@Killmastern3

some days ago you were planning to change/mod the defy earpiece by replacing with K550 earpiece. Did you do it??

I am also planning to go for it as I cannot simply afford to give my phone to motorola for 20 days!

aka911 said:
I think there is a theme called simple white in the market . search market for "cm7 white" and you might get it.else I will find out more and post here.

@Killmastern3

some days ago you were planning to change/mod the defy earpiece by replacing with K550 earpiece. Did you do it??
I am also planning to go for it as I cannot simply afford to give my phone to motorola for 20 days!

I got it repaired in a local shop. He charged me 250 bucks. Sound quality is good now.

Hi all..

I am facing a strange problem with my defy.. If i download any applications/games from market, download gets started and complete up to 100% then instead of installation, again it starts from 0% download & goes:mad:

I am in stock Froyo..& at present not willing to go custom ROM..:ashamed:

any solutions please ..

lak2004mi said:
Hi all..

I am facing a strange problem with my defy.. If i download any applications/games from market, download gets started and complete up to 100% then instead of installation, again it starts from 0% download & goes:mad:

I am in stock Froyo..& at present not willing to go custom ROM..:ashamed:

any solutions please ..

Is it happening sometime or on every occasion?

On various android phones I have faced similar problems( on P500,desire,defy)

It is not rom/manufacturer dependent, more of os/connectivity issue

Next time when you download anything from the market,just try this

For ex. search for opera mini

click on install

when you click install,the market takes you back to the search results screen.

again select opera mini

now instead of following the download on the notification bar,you are seeing it in the market app as it gets downloaded.

I think its a multitasking issue with android market.. most GAPPS are badly coded and suck ;) imho

^^^ Don't know what you are talking about. Have been on CM7 RC1 since the last 40 days since I bought my phone. No worries, no restarts, no resetting of downloads, no wifi/edge troubles, great battery life and amazing performance overall.

Hades. said:
Has anybody tried the new CM7 RC1.5 ROM? :D

Downloadlink : Index of /jordan-nightly/

Yup!

Been on it for a few days now! :)

All's good, but haven't tried recording any vids yet.

I also undervolted! 22@300, 28@600, 50@1000 Everything is humming along pretty smoothly!

Just need to upgrade my Sim and see if I can get past 1 day 9 hours of battery..

Back