The Motorola Defy Thread

aka911 said:
Grrr. The voice quality problem on defy still irritating. It exists for me both in stock and custom rom. Also I have tried different networks. The earpiece on my end sounds screechy while the people I call report echo problem. Guess I have no option but to take it to service Centre. Any Idea about the service center in Delhi? Are they competent enough? I have a feeling I will have hard time explaining my problem to them.....

Is this problem still exist with the newer model ? I heard that motorola sorted out this problem before releasing in India.

How is the customer care service of motorola mobility in India ? I heard that its pathetic :(

glad to help buddy. I had seen the deals online but was around at croma few weeks back. cudnt hold myself back anymore so picked one for 15999. and btw if you're planning to get one then act quick stocks are running out. most of the shops in bangalore are already out of them. i hvnt bothered much abut the camera lens yet. dont use cellphone cams too much.

satyanjoy said:
-- right on spot,,nice to meet like minded people here.. I am getting it in letsbuy for 14399 with jabra bluetooth headset with coupons,,I will check tomorrow locally if i get with similar kind of deal here in Bangalore..BTW what is the deal with red,green colored lens ?

well called up the service center to know about the status of my 4 days old defy. They say that it needs motherboard replacement and will take 15 more days. I asked them how a 4 days old phone's motherboard went bad and they had no answer and when i asked for a replacement they said they dont give replacements and i have to wait for 15 days anyway :(

if i was in a western country i would have got an immediate replacement ..

so so disappointed with Motorola now :(

hbksabhi said:
i m not able to send text messaging .......... i m on nordic froyo !!! and hav only rooted it help !

check your message center number :)

to check dial *#*#4636#*#*.You will get a menu, from that select Phone Information and you will find a setting "SMSC". You can update it :)

Guys can i install the Rom Manager from android market to take a nandroid backup? or should i use the Rom manager which is specially made for defy by an xda developer? and does nandroid backup also back ups the sms's? and if i want all the sms's back on the newly installed custom rom then what i would have to do?

TIA:)

can I use an 32gb mircosd with my defy ? As it already has 2gb inbuilt memory and said support uptp 32gb, does it excluding the inbuilt 2gb or including ??

^^ can you see the back arrow key (which has same icon like enter key) on the onscreen keyboard? Use it to use a new line... ;)

hbksabhi said:
it says update error

Use baseband switcher to switch the baseband to the Indian one. You will be able to send SMS then.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

satyanjoy said:
can I use an 32gb mircosd with my defy ? As it already has 2gb inbuilt memory and said support uptp 32gb, does it excluding the inbuilt 2gb or including ??

Yes you can..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hades. said:
Guys can i install the Rom Manager from android market to take a nandroid backup? or should i use the Rom manager which is specially made for defy by an xda developer? and does nandroid backup also back ups the sms's? and if i want all the sms's back on the newly installed custom rom then what i would have to do?

TIA:)

Use Titanium Backup to backup your SMS storage and Dialer Storage. Then restore it in the new ROM.

Back