The Motorola Defy Thread

Hades. said:
Cons :

1. It has a shittiest screen... If you have used any retina display phone or AMOLED+ phone then you would feel really disappointed after buying this phone... Plus you would notice a lot of color banding...

Absolutely not Sir, This coming from a user who has a iPod Touch 4g. I am liking and am satisfied with the screen, I've seen a few phones in the same price bracket having worser screen e.g Samsung Galaxy Ace and the HTC Wildfire S.

I use this phone to read website articles, pdf's, twitter, facebook and the screen is pretty clear and crisp.

done , but mow i cant copy cm7 to root as my card is not detected ..........should i normally boot to copy stuff first

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

help me out guys ...i m dead n tensed right now ............

i was following steps but i make a huge mistake i copied the CM7 folder instead of zip file ..........

now my boot menu is not showing anything as i set it to default " 2nd init"

and all data is wiped ..........

nothing is happening .........help for god sake help

killmastern3 said:
[/COLOR]

1. Start with Froyo(any). Download the rom, unzip it and put it in sd card ---> clockworkmod---> backup. Create both the folders if it isn't there.
2. Download Defy 2nd init from Market. You need to have the latest version, hence install from market.
3. Once installed, you will directly go to the secondary bootmenu. Here, wipe cache and data. No need to set default boot and such that you do for cm7
4. Go to Backup and Restor --- > Advanced Restore --- >System (you will have 3 or 4 options uch as boot etc. Select the file you have downloaded and select YES. This will restore the system files.
5. Reboot. Immediately press Vol+ to go to the Bootmenu. Here flash the fixed sbf(it will be in the downloaded zip. the zip will contain fixed sbf and the nand backup) using RSD lite. This is just like installing froyo.
6. Now go to stock recovery (Power + Vol-) and wipe cache and data. Reboot and enjoy. :)

PS: Any clarifications please ask.

Flashed Nordic Froyo
created folder Clockworkmod/backup unzip the downloaded ROM
downloaded Defy2init from the market, rebooted but by default it doesn't take us to secondary bootmenu ? no need to Root ?
am i doing something wrong ?

hbksabhi said:
done , but mow i cant copy cm7 to root as my card is not detected ..........should i normally boot to copy stuff first

help me out guys ...i m dead n tensed right now ............

i was following steps but i make a huge mistake i copied the CM7 folder instead of zip file ..........

now my boot menu is not showing anything as i set it to default " 2nd init"

and all data is wiped ..........

nothing is happening .........help for god sake help

Flash the Nordic Froyo via RSD Lite :)

techno_funky said:
Absolutely not Sir, This coming from a user who has a iPod Touch 4g. I am liking and am satisfied with the screen, I've seen a few phones in the same price bracket having worser screen e.g Samsung Galaxy Ace and the HTC Wildfire S.

I use this phone to read website articles, pdf's, twitter, facebook and the screen is pretty clear and crisp.

Have you tried to play any video which has dark scenes? Once you would play a video which has a lot of dark scenes you would definately find the difference.. and you would notice color banding... see bright colors looks good on defy's screen but once you open images which have deep dark colors you would definately find the difference... And retina display is in a different league... colors look more vivid and you wouldn't even notice color banding or something... Retina display is just great thats the reason why it won best display award...

^^ Dude first of all dont get scared.

Secondly if you cant recover it by taking help from TE members or XDA then neither can motorola and you will get a new mobile. just chill and proceed.

Just read the posts in XDA regarding defy. Even if you dont understand a single line just read all the latest threads.

download

1)RSA Lite (Windows based tool)

2) Indian full froyo SBF (.sbf file)

by now I hope you have figured out how to connect defy in bootloader mode.

1) connect in bootloader mode

2) open RSA lite

3) Flash the full SBF. It is as easy as attaching a doc in gmail.

Now your defy is back to where it was. Gather courage and follow the CM7 guide without skipping any step.

Any doubt just search there are already many screenshots and links available.

Hades. said:
Have you tried to play any video which has dark scenes? Once you would play a video which has a lot of dark scenes you would definately find the difference.. and you would notice color banding... see bright colors looks good on defy's screen but once you open images which have deep dark colors you would definately find the difference... And retina display is in a different league... colors look more vivid and you wouldn't even notice color banding or something... Retina display is just great thats the reason why it won best display award...

I agree with the camera being poor but the screen is definitely good. Colors both bright and dark are good and sharp. Have used samsung wave and galaxy s before this.

The camera is good in outdoors and in bright light but is below par indoors. It has to do something with the software I suppose. The pics are so poor and the difference is so huge that the indoor and outdoor snaps look like they have been taken with different cameras. But with mobile we usually take the pics Indoor.

Regarding the mic problem, I never faced this issue frequently may be once or twice that too I don't remember. This may be due to network also because sometimes when calling land lines this happens.

Angry birds lagging is because of the shi**y software used by Motorola. Flash any ROM other then the stock and lagging dissapears.

I dont know what you guys are talking about , but i have tried all versions of Angry Bird game and noone of them lags on my defy. Am not bragging or anything just wanted to share with you. I haven`t overcocked or anything and am in stock 2.2.2
Must be because of some softwares you guys installed.

Anywaz now my question
When a message is unable to send (for some reasons) , a red cross comes on it. How do i re send it ? For now i type it back

Himanshunegi198 said:
Anywaz now my question

When a message is unable to send (for some reasons) , a red cross comes on it. How do i re send it ? For now i type it back

Keep your finger on that message and a menu will come or click on that cross mark

Dude.....Thats wt i said,It doesnt work...! I keep pressing the facebook button but nothing happens,gmail and yahoo work fine ,the problem is with facebook only.
Punker said:
Go to contacts press button next to home button there you'll find accounts click on that and add Facebook simple !

Back