The Notion Ink - Adam thread

Re: Notion Ink Adam delayed.... again..! (New update: More delays..!)

Update IX was an interesting read. :D

Damn if this is the Adam, what would the Eve probably be?

Like guru posted above, hard to believe an Indian company is behind all these. :p

Fans are up for the long wait if it doesn't turn into vaporware. Although with blog updates and the new website popping up, it does look like they are on track. On the other hand, the Holiday season has already begun and they are nowhere near marketing.

^^^Yup they look like missing the Christmas season. But otherwise the device looks good and with USB/HDMI support I guess this can work like a netbook...

the only letdown i saw was the low res screen - 1024x600? we can see the individual pixels clearly at that res.

they could have put up better res screen in it. but its overkill for android i suppose.

^10.1" netbooks sport the same resolution and a normal human cannot spot the pixels. Do not go by that image posted on the blog. The cam that clicked that snap must have been is some sort of macro mode to get a pixelated image like that. :p

phoenix844884 said:
Fans are up for the long wait if it doesn't turn into vaporware. Although with blog updates and the new website popping up, it does look like they are on track. On the other hand, the Holiday season has already begun and they are nowhere near marketing.
Slim chance of this becoming vapor ware after coming this far. I have a hunch that one of the investor(s) may be Reliance. But yeah, I don't think it will be in time for the Christmas season. At best they will start taking pre-orders around Christmas.

they've updated their website and have mentioned a mystery feature in the tech specs section. it might just be the trackpad which they've conveniently left out from the spec sheet.

The amount of efforts that the Notion ink team is putting into making the whole device different from other tablets in the market is really astounding.. make sure to go through the blog if you haven't already -

Notion Ink

Amazing! Hats off to these guys. I hope that the Adam is a success for them!!

Week-End Special – XI « Notion Ink

I don’t want anyone who follows this blog to wait any more :) . We all are special and should get some extra benefit. The pre-booking will be available only for the ones who have posted a comment on this blog (for a limited period of time), and only after this interval the world will have the access. In short, family first! :) (It also means that those who start commenting NOW, are not counted in this list)

6th December is another big day for Android and you will find out how fast Notion Ink can work. (Eden is extremely compatible with 2.3)

^ an android update i guess...

Pre-orders start Dec 9th i think (i read it in the comments somewhere) :D

Wow! Big things happening here.

Android 2.3 comes out and I guess Adam will support it out of the box.

1337adam.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1.61803399 « Notion Ink

what a way to send messages to techies.... :D

Notion Ink Adam pre-orders open December 9 - SlashGear

It’s been a long time coming, but we’ve heard from a very trusted source that Notion Ink will indeed be throwing open the doors to pre-orders of their Adam tablet tomorrow, Thursday December 9 2010. The company isn’t publicly confirming anything at this stage, but our source says that the binary countdown code which has been the basis for many pre-order rumors will read zero tomorrow, and the six Adam versions will go on sale. Meanwhile, we’re also told an update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread is in the works, targeted for release just weeks after Adam’s launch.

Damn what a teaser! Looks outright gorgeous. :D

So who are those lucky folks here who gets the privilege of pre-ordering it?

i might be one of them since i've commented a few times there, but don't have the money. btw, Rohan was saying pre-order might be open to everyone who wants it, but stocks are limited i guess.

guys if anyone does not want it in the preorder please let me know.I am dying to get my hands on one.waited for such a long time for this.

the new image today has this:

All around me you see a strip, which is easily replaceable. So you can make me look white or your ferrari red!

= user replaceable bevel? color choices for adam :)

btw, pre-ordering is on the site notionink.in (supposed to start at 1:30 noon cause that's when someone noticed these guys make changes to the site)

if anyone in Bangalore is pre-ordering, and stands any chance of getting early, please contact me, i need one badly :p :)

Four versions of Adam will be launched: each will use NVIDIA’s Tegra 2, but there will be Pixel Qi and LCD models and a choice of WiFi-only or WiFi and 3G. The company has confirmed that all will come in under the cost of a basic iPad; our source tells us that the LCD version will cost $399 for the WiFi-only and $449 for the 3G model, while the Pixel Qi version will cost $449 for the WiFi-only and $498 for the 3G model. We’ve also heard that, if Notion Ink can clinch a last minute deal they’re working on, a further $25 could be shaved from each of those figures, plus there will be special discounts for universities and students. [Update: Notion Ink CEO Rohan Shravan has confirmed the pricing we heard]

:clap::clap::clap:

Notion Ink Adam: Pricing and more - SlashGear

6pack said:
the new image today has this:

= user replaceable bevel? color choices for adam :)

btw, pre-ordering is on the site notionink.in (supposed to start at 1:30 noon cause that's when someone noticed these guys make changes to the site)
trisml.png

see the orage and green stripes?

those are the replaceable ones :)

days of compaq :bleh: :p

remember how lame those ads were??!! where the guy changed colour depending upon what his crush was wearing while comin to his house! :rofl:

blog updated: New image has this message

:) Steps coming your way! Stay tuned! For first 6 hours, the first one will get access and then we all!

Edit: does it mean pre-order is open for first 6 hours to blog posters and then open to everyone?

Back