The Notion Ink - Adam thread

the specs are still hazy. 3G supports what bands? quad band, tri-band, or is it different for all countries? and the pricing is the worst part. why pay conversion rates to visa/mastercard (which are around 3% i guess) if its being shipped from india? wonder if there's an option to pay in INR...

and to top it, read somewhere these guys will release an updated version in 8 months or so. :|

will wait and see for now.

Edit: people getting the mails have reported this

payments can be made thru Visa and American Express only

^ the author himself has referred to "Adam 2" sometimes on his blog.

And this slashgear article confirms the time period in a way.

Notion Ink Adam: Pricing and more - SlashGear

Meanwhile, as Adam approaches the virtual shelves, Notion Ink has unsurprisingly been looking at their subsequent models. Adam 2 is expected to use NVIDIA’s as-yet-unannounced Tegra 3 chipset and run Android 3.0 Gingerbread; with the SoC itself yet to be confirmed, there’s only a vague launch window of Q2 to Q3 2011 when Adam 2 could debut. Google is yet to confirm requirements for Gingerbread, but Notion Ink tells us that they’re doing as much as they can to ensure first-gen Adam owners can upgrade.

The eagle-eyed may have spotted the company’s second sequel on the timeline, currently known as the Notion Ink Eve. Unfortunately they won’t be drawn on what exactly Eve is, beyond saying it’s “a completely new concept”. We’ve heard rumors of a Notion Ink smartphone – their experience with Android and existing team of developers would put them in a strong position in terms of the software, certainly – but we’ll have to wait a while before we find out for sure what Eve is.

Also the pre-order link is this. Got this from the blog where people are saying even pre-order is down.

Got this link from one fellow on the blog

http://www.notionink.com/order.php?e="their respective username"@gmail.com%20&p=6eca16e431a58afaa9922e14526ffa2a

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Rohan Shravan himself just posted.

This is wat he had to say - "strangely its working for some, and not for some. Checking the issue!"

Should hopefully have a unit with me in a few days.. will update accordingly

WTF??!! How?

Even if you pre-order it(and god only knows when the pre-orders will start), it will take atleast Jan 6th to reach you.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Wow, and what's with you and Nokia cellphones? :)

^Woah, you got in on the beta testing program?

Can you please ask them whether it will be available at Indian B&M stores, e.g. Croma? Really need to try it out before buying!

As i said , there is a very good chance. I'll let you guy know if it materializes :)

AFAIK , it is supposed to be available at the stores. Till a while back they were working on bundling schemes with operators like Reliance. Will have to check with them again.

and

@su30mki117 Hahaha... yea , i love my Nokias.

^You bugger! I knew you'd be getting a test piece soon enough. Post your impressions as soon as you receive one. :)

$549 comes to Rs29999/- as per their checkout.

Im not ordering at that conversion rate. :|

Same price globally is going to be a huge FAIL after considering cuty and tax in respective cities, unless NI is ready to bear that.

im waiting until it reaches croma/reliance digital.

Just read about it yesterday, at engadget..

isn't there a real picture of it somewherre..

notioninkpreorderloopin.gif

how is global pricing supposed to help customers?

it is going to increase their margins and customers get nothing.

$50 flat shipping everywhere?

im sure those living within banglore (or wherever their production is) wont want to pay more that Rs50/- at max.

i think they are gonna earn more on shipping tie up than on this product.

total marketing disaster. many fans have been turned into haters in past 24hours..well 12hours.

got an update over wordpress

Hello there,

Bad time to be in flight. Pro-order system crashed several times, though it was not at Notion Ink's head quarters, but rather than the server side in USA. Being Indian company they predicted more traffic from India and did some optimization which turned out to be complete disaster. On top of it there was an algorithm to smoothen the process of product distribution globally.

I am collecting all the comments and writing back in sometime. Stay tuned. Seems a lot is still there to discuss and talk about. (Especially the Android Police's new post)

Thanks for your patience.

Warm Regards

Rohan Shravan

let's see how it changes.

Good to hear something from them at last. But they need to answer hell lot of a questions first after this goof up of epic proportions.

The post from Android Police indeed looks scary.

Any idea when the product will show up on the retail market?

And why are they charging us Rs. 29,999 whereas according to the current conversion rates it should come up to around 27K?

I still cant understand the 50$ shipping if you are buyin in india?? And where are the product pics?? They need to put some real images instead of the photoshopped images on the site.

Back