The Personal Hygiene Thread!

Re: How to deal with dandruff?

Check your diet for B-Vitamins. Lack of them leaves its marks on skin ... including scalp. Take vitamin supplements if necessary. I had developed a dandruff issue and taking a thiamine supplement helped a lot.

Things like Head n Shoulders and other anti-dandruff 'solutions' are only temporary, if the body isn't getting the nutrients it needs.

Re: Has anyone taken Revital Capsule

Tried it once and I feel they are overpriced BS....just like the Spirulina, the wonder wave, that just came and disappeared. Better eat well and have vitamin supplements like Zevit (B-Complex) than these so-called wonder drugs. They feel like those energy drinks packed with caffeine to give one a fake sense of energy.

Re: Suggest a cream for oily face?

wash ur face nicely with loads of plain water , then rinse of the extra water with ur hands as much as u can and leave the rest droplets on ur face , DO NOT pat it dry with a towel or anything,

let the remaining water be on ur face and let it evaporate on it own , will take some time 15-20 mins , do it whenevr u wash ur face , helps in the long run and do make it a point to drink lots of fresh water over the period of day almost in excess of 7-8 glasses/day :)

Re: Which Hair Gel to use to maintain Spikes!!

With due respect to dear sectionmod.

This is a place where we try to avoid spikes. We tend to spend thousands of hard earned moolah on PSUs, UPS', good quality cables and what not just in order to avoid getting spikes. So I'd recommend instead of harbouring spikes please ask "how to reduce spikes or keep them to a minimal" this will give you better and more meaningful responses. :p

Instead of wasting time on the web and that too in general sections join gym/yoga/dance classes. Harbour a hobby or do something productive which will keep you occupied. This'll help keep the mind at ease and the body responds automatically.

Yeah that's me, feeding a troll through its nose.

thetoxicmind said:
This section is called General Talk, which has obviously seen a wide variety of topics being discussed. :)
That's right, Suddenly these threads came up, Which Hair Gel, Which Moisturizer, Which Cream for Oily skin and few more like that :)

I got 2 ideas..

1. Fevicol.

& 2. High voltage current (Though this makes all the hair SPIKES)

Warning: Do not try this at home, hair or anywhere...

sarang said:
With due respect to dear sectionmod.

This is a place where we try to avoid spikes. We tend to spend thousands of hard earned moolah on PSUs, UPS', good quality cables and what not just in order to avoid getting spikes. So I'd recommend instead of harbouring spikes please ask "how to reduce spikes or keep them to a minimal" this will give you better and more meaningful responses. :p
best post so far, +1 for anti spike :p

thirumalkumaran said:
I got 2 ideas..

1. Fevicol.

& 2. High voltage current (Though this makes all the hair SPIKES)

Warning: Do not try this at home, hair or anywhere...
1st one is permanent :)

I request admin to create a 'Household' sub-forum for GT.

This is getting plain ridiculous...

maybe we should have a sticky thread , dry skin , oily skin , dandruff , body odor , jeans?

Try Vim liquid...

They say it even removes oil from utensils.. Its just face, why can't it?

(Take in lighter sense)

Frankly speaking, reducing the oil consumption & regular steam face bath would help..

kippu said:
maybe we should have a sticky thread , dry skin , oily skin , dandruff , body odor , jeans?

Nice idea :D
thirumalkumaran said:
Try Vim liquid...

They say it even removes oil from utensils.. Its just face, why can't it?

(Take in lighter sense)

Frankly speaking, reducing the oil consumption & regular steam face bath would help..

Vim Liquid...that's surely I'm gonna try...I have the one with extra lemon power...will that work?

I think you should "extra hard(core)" brylcream. Tell the shopkeeper that you are a cool dude and spikes deserve you. He will give you the proper brylcream.

I love General Talk section on TE. No more going to Jokes/Fun sites at the end of a hard day :p

i am losing hair over here , i haven given up on hair gels.,.... guess, the problem is late nights on pc which leads to sleep deprivation. :( , need to hit the gym again . ohh god, i am realising evrything now . darn , what am i doing with mu life ! woahhh ..... point of realization !!! :p

Re: How to deal with dandruff?

ronit said:
*jamba lakadi bambaa* . ...whatever but it sounds more like another world cup ad for boosting spirit of indian team on lines of ...kas ke pakad, jam ke jakal, lagaa..:rofl:
:bleh::bleh:
These days TE is getting more humorous then techy, to start with nehaladsul search for gals, then the unique combination of face cream, hair gel, dandruff and Moisturizer.
Not to mention the Revital Capsule. :no:

Damm is this some derma or med forum?

avi said:
I took them and I became HULK :D

@op - meditation/yoga might help afaik.

No comment without pics.

@OP, check ur diet, try to take nutritious foods.

Back