The Photography Thread !

Aces170 said:
^^ Depends on the light, but I feel you need a shutter speed of atleast 1/1000 to capture the shot, and at f6.3 you would need harsh afternoon sun to pull it off at ISO400 or lower. Besides the 550D does not reproduce a lot of noise at ISO 1600..
Actually I think he's cropped it quite a bit. I usually get 1/1000 at f/5.6 with iso400 at 7:30 in the morning

Thanks for all the complements everyone! :)

It was taken at around 11 in the morning.. Had to have the shutter at 1/1600 cos even 1000 wouldn't cut it. The bird's wing tip used to be blurred due to motion. I don't have a clue as to why it used to appear quite dark even one a cloudless day.. Probably due to the cpl filter?

Also, I cropped it a lot actually. The bird was in the center of the frame.. along with 2 buildings inbetween and a few vehicles parked below. All of it added to distraction. Even after cropping them out, the electric pole at the bg had colorful wiring :p which is why I thought of making the bg b&w.. :)

Another one..

Catsy by Bharathk89, on Flickr

blueren said:
@vinaycm - awesomO! Location?

BF1983 said:
@Vinay - I like the nice blue cloudy sky and colours but IMO you need to reduce the clutter in your shot. Right now a viewer will be unable to decide on what exactly to focus on. Your earlier pic on the previous page was MUCH better with a clear subject and a lovely background. :)
Thanks for the suggestion.. Will try to improve..

That shot was taken with a CPL filter & no PP has been applied onto it..

Nice to find this thread. Good pics!

Let me begin with posting a macro shot I took recently.

163755_1740093391379_1510008268_1767392_5116610_n.jpg

Cam: Nikon D5000 with 18-55mm VR kit lens.

Back