The Photography Thread !

ZOMG .. unbelievable re .. How does one actually go about photographing lightening strikes ...??

I mean is this something you plan in advance .. :drool: ..

^ You're not in control of it so you do need some luck. But I did have to compose this shot in a forest in complete darkness. It was as if I forgot to remove the lens cap when I looked through the viewfinder. I was standing in himachal and that city is in punjab. To have a view of 100+ miles was just epic.

_pappu_ said:
I want to do a proper lightning landscape, weather doesnot permit thus far :(

Nice shot and cloud formations you got there :)

I wouldn't take a D5000 into heavy rain, but if you want to risk it, go ahead.

Just noticed you got a new tripod. Congrats :)

FaH33m said:
I wish my D90 was weather shielded :p Is D7000 ? Or only nikon full frames ?
Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk
hmm ...I take my D90 everywhere in rain,dust storm etc .Just make sure you wrap your cam + LENS in some plastic or buy rain cover for it from kata .This is also recommended for those who have D3s as well .

thanks for the likes for the edit i did of "_pappu_" 's pic...just wanted to see how it wud look in hdr so tried a faux hdr(single exposure) guess it turned out pretty good

touzeen said:
thanks for the likes for the edit i did of "_pappu_" 's pic...just wanted to see how it wud look in hdr so tried a faux hdr(single exposure) guess it turned out pretty good
I tried myself, but it doesnot reveal anything more than what the shot already has.

Thanks guys..

@ashvarybabul: Yeah.. that cloth is distracting..

@blueren: I do have a couple of those shots, but he was holding his mom's hand then. :p Will take more shots when I am with him again this weekend.

blueren said:
@logistopath - nice one man! Here's another idea.. Make the kid grip one of your fingers. That pic will define things better :)
i think it is mom's hand n nt doc's :)

better yet, the same as described by blueren but as her to wear some accessory so as to indicate it being a woman(child's mother)...would be liked by many :)

edit: damn, doc beat me to it :p

@ Navin: :ashamed: The hand in the pic is mine.. He was holding his mom's fingers in other pics.. By the time I got to taking pics of him holding me, he was sound asleep. :p

logistopath said:
@ Navin: :ashamed: The hand in the pic is mine.. He was holding his mom's fingers in other pics.. By the time I got to taking pics of him holding me, he was sound asleep. :p
sry..:p

i assumed you require the right hand to release the shutter and thus the right hand may not be yours...

but try out that one..would be something to adore and cherish for the mom when she looks back on time ;)

Back