The Photography Thread !

@S@ndeep: The pics are not blurry due to the lack of a tripod. :) What you see is not motion blur but blurring due to improper focussing by the camera. Frankly speaking, I've never found the need to use a tripod for shooting the moon since my shutter speeds usually range between 1/100-1/250th of a second, at which speeds my hands can easily hold the cam steady even at 12x zooms with my H2's IS. :D

What you have missed is focussing here, its way way off focus in a few shots due to which the craters are not clearly defined.

Try usin manual focus if u can. Shud work.

Payne

Amazing shot there Chaos... I don't know weather its the location or the shot which is deserve the applause :)

Care to share the full res shot mate...

Photographer said:
then it's not worth it

try and take one without macro

it's really difficult
What the. "try and take one without macro. it's really difficult"?? Are you trying to suggest that turning on macro-mode is kinda like cheating? :D Or taking shots without macro takes more skills? :D

Dude. Macro is nothing but an adjustment for the lens to focus at closer ranges :) Shooting in macro is actually tougher with a large sensor cam like a dSLR or even a normal digicam, since the depth-of-field is greatly reduced and there's a lot of variety that can be done with a macro shot. :)

@Chaos: Sexxxy shot. :D Very very wallpaper-ish, and very dSLR wide-angle lens wonly shot. :) We ask for more from the 350D! Also, have you sold the cam?

@hanzy: Isnt that the mumbai sea-line? Shot from near the Taj Lands End? I have a similar shot..will post it in a bit - flickr seems to be down right now. :(

Payne

Notepad
2148117661_e838c24d63.jpg

Jus shot a couple of days back at office. :) I admit its a very typical macro but I love what the SE K790i is capable of as a camera-phone.
Payne

Photographer said:
@d_payne

yeah it take a lot of skill with manual focus

1. Not really. Its actually easier shoot with manual focus if you have a clear viewfinder on your dSLR and a flexible backside :D, OR if you have a high-resolution screen on your digicam. Don't make me post manually focussed macro-shots with my H2 now. :D

2. Most consumer digicams don't have manual focus in their specs and even if they do, the implementation is nothing short of pathetic. :) Macros are great fun when you have a 9-pt or spot-focussing system on your cam. The H2 has it and it rocks.

Not to make a point here..but here's a macro of an ant I recently shot. This was in program mode with spot-focus. Was great fun shooting with the H2 with its speedy response and accurate focus.

Busy as an ant! :)

2148203593_999acec720.jpg

2148203523_f054428cb1.jpg

2148998580_69a8a3e942.jpg

Back