The Photography Thread !

Captured at outskirts of Mumbai

RNI-Films-IMG-32C4020A-F791-4B39-9404-694DEF556970.jpeg

So, did you traveled out of our galaxy to capture this or how? Or took help of chandrayaan mission.
He is a time traveller from the year 0000002023. He traverses through multiverses in minutes unlike us minnows who can only cover a few thousand kilometers in multiple hours. He sunbathes in the actual core of the sun, for your information.
Highly classified sources claim that in the futuristic time frame this advanced Homo sapiens hails from, people use Andromeda™ Galaxy handsets instead of the ordinary Samsung Galaxy Androids we use these days. What you see in the image is just a pixel of his phone screen. Now, try to imagine the size of his fingers, palm and scale his actual mass accordingly! :hilarious:

Info on how you captured this will be much appreciated.
lol I did not expect so much interest in my photograph. I captured this using a dedicated astrophotography mount (ioptron CEM 45) camera (ZWO 533 mm pro monochrome camera with LRGB filters) and a telescope (william optics zenith star 61 OTA)

This photo was taken with about 5 hours with of exposure using different filters.

You can check “oddtazz” on Instagram or twitter for my other deep sky photos. I usually shoot narrowband images though.

Happy to answer any questions you folks have.

lol I did not expect so much interest in my photograph. I captured this using a dedicated astrophotography mount (ioptron CEM 45) camera (ZWO 533 mm pro monochrome camera with LRGB filters) and a telescope (william optics zenith star 61 OTA)

This photo was taken with about 5 hours with of exposure using different filters.

You can check “oddtazz” on Instagram or twitter for my other deep sky photos. I usually shoot narrowband images though.

Now, this is answer many of us were wanting...

awesome shots. I've been interested in astro photography since lockdown but didn't know what the entry level was. How much should I be looking to spend to get into this as a hobby? What is the starter gear for this? The best I've done so far are some simple shots of the Moon with my Canon 1200D like this
IMG_0938.JPG

awesome shots. I've been interested in astro photography since lockdown but didn't know what the entry level was. How much should I be looking to spend to get into this as a hobby? What is the starter gear for this? The best I've done so far are some simple shots of the Moon with my Canon 1200D like this
View attachment 179088
You are already off to a great start. I bet you can make use of gear you already have to get some amazing shots rather than buying new gear. Take more photos practice more you will get better I promise.

You are already off to a great start. I bet you can make use of gear you already have to get some amazing shots rather than buying new gear. Take more photos practice more you will get better I promise.
Thank you. I assume a tripod would be necessary to take long exposure shots. Any good suggestions?

Thank you. I assume a tripod would be necessary to take long exposure shots. Any good suggestions?
Any stable tripod will do. Do you have any friends into photography? Look at borrowing first.
For astrophotography you should be concerned about stability. Which is kind of important for those long exposure shots.
Another consideration would be how much weight can it handle. Think ahead and add the weight of your camera it's accesories and a sky tracker like this https://tejraj.com/product/i-optron-skyguidertm-pro-with-polar-scope
Combine all that and see what options are available to you.

Any stable tripod will do. Do you have any friends into photography? Look at borrowing first.
For astrophotography you should be concerned about stability. Which is kind of important for those long exposure shots.
Another consideration would be how much weight can it handle. Think ahead and add the weight of your camera it's accesories and a sky tracker like this https://tejraj.com/product/i-optron-skyguidertm-pro-with-polar-scope
Combine all that and see what options are available to you.
thanks. I'll look into it.

Back