The Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Thread

IMO, The console versions of FIFA rock. ESP. the multiplayer part with the tournament and lounge mode.

The PC Versions are so bad.. I have no idea wat EA are thinking when they make good console versions and crappy PC version. On the PC, even this year, PES wins hands down. To support FIFA on the PC would mean you like pinball FIFA.

BUT, the FIFA versions on the console are godlike. This year included. They've made the player movements much more realistic with the 360 degree dribbling.. and the gameplay is much more fluid. I cant wait for PES 2010 for the PC, since I dont have a console, and I cant wait for FIFA 10 on the PS3/X360, since I will be spending a week at my friend's place playing it! :D

^ Never played any of the above the games on consoles since i don't own any console. But for PC, both are of its kind and there is 360 dribbling in both the games this year. Have to see how well it goes for PC.

OK just played the PES 2010 DEMO :

+ Super Realistic movements

+ Smoother Gameplay

+ A better PORT [ Definitely]

+ No tearing

+ Cutscenes are super realistic

+ Gameplay speed has been tweaked to perfection

+ Chanting has been finally implemented to a level which it deserves

- No commentary in DEMO :(

Just got back from work, played a couple of games.

To be frank, I am disappointed. Response time has always been important to me, and in the demo the response time is atrocious. I realise that some of that is because there are better animations for ball control and passes are not made till the ball is control.

But overall, I get the 'fighting-to-control-player' feeling that FIFA 09 gave me. Lots of people have review code and they are saying that the build they have does not have the response time issues, so maybe they'll fix it for the final game. Lets see. :(

Edit: Also, I have been playing on the PC. I do get screen tearing at 1920x1200 but it is a bit better at 1680x1050. I have a e8400 and a 4870 1GB. Either something's wrong with my system, or the game's not been very well optimised. Also, no 16:10 resolutions available. (They are available, but black bars are displayed at the top and bottom. Gameplay is in 16:9)

Try VSyncing it? It worked fine for me.

Yeah, even in the PES 2010 PC Demo I tried.. the response time is a bit skewed. They pass and shoot after 1-2 seconds I press the button, unless I press the button before the pass has been received for a first time pass. Hopefully they fix this. FIFA 10 on the PC,imo is no good. Still feels arcadish and pinballish. FIFA 10 on the consoles are simply awesome, the fluid passing and movement is so freaking realistic, it blew me away.

Another - point is that the 360 movement in PES happens only when ur moving very slowly.. when ur sprinting there is no 360 movement, and when ur running its there sometimes.

sickizblank said:
The Wide Angle Gameplay screenshot looks more like FIFA 03 lol..

FIFA 10's gonna blow away PES this year. (nothing new, they always have)

Lol, either you're a 10 year old who's never played PES or you're just ****ing retarded.

I've tried both demos, PES shits all over FIFA on the PC again - can't say the same for consoles because FIFA09 was pretty good on X360 as well so this year we have a real battle on our hands.

+1 to amaresh

PES 2010 is AWESOME on the PC.

I LOVE the the player cards, which dictates their style of play

its in game plan --> formation for those who dont know. ITS JUST AWESOME.

but IMO, FIFA 10 on the console > PES 2010. The gameplay is so fluid.. the passing is just too good.

^^ guess there was a typo on the smiley there.. :p

Anyway, got myself a console last month. So, this will be the first time I can get my hands on FIFA on the console. But on the PC, like so many others have pointed out in this thread, nobody can argue that PES totally shits on FIFA.. There are no second thoughts on that. I've played all FIFAs from 2002 and PESs from 04 (i.e 2005). I can tell hands down PES rocks. And also, for those who have liked FIFA on the PC have either:

1) Not played PES at all.
2) Have played PES just once or twice and got turned off by the lack of licensing. :no:
3) Aren't footy fans at all and are just a bunch of posers!

All that said, from what I've seen, FIFA on the console is brilliant. So hopefully I can enjoy FIFA and PES at their best.. :D

^ An all caps post is what makes my DAY .

Anywho. .Check out the new improved detail level in PES 10.

After scoring a goal check out the replay[ The manual one] and just notice two thibgs :

1. Depth of field [ Yes that's right !!]

2. Player Facial Expressions [Amazing ! ]

! 0 t A said:
Its one of the discussions which has no END !

@ Console : FIFA > PES
@ PC : PES >>>> FIFA

That should settle it IMHO :(

+1 for that! I played Fifa from 98-2004 & then got a try at the PES4 demo. Now a PES fan by far. (didn't think much of 2008 thou)

yeah.. I played my friend's PES 2008 for like 10 days and then got 2009.. Haven't looked back at 2008 since.. It had pretty sluggish movements..

Back