The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

^^yup...called Sony World , Vijay Sales , Sony Mony , Croma , Planet M...

Wraith Try calling Croma Dahisar ..they had it last week..i bought it from there one month ago :)

well i got my psp from planet m in nasik finally!!

and i seem to have a problem....my cuz gave me a 1gb memory stick which isnt the original one. the problem is that some videos seem to get stuck while playing and i get the msg 'this video cannot be played' . It happens at specific points in the videos.

I was wondering whether this is a problem with the psp or is the memory stick screwed?
Psp fimrware is 3.72
Videos converted using PSP video 9 : 320x240/768kbps stereo 128kbps

I didnt get a chance to use the same card on my cuz psp coz his psp has another memory stick stuck in it.
Edit : well i connected my psp to the laptop via usb and played the video files from the memory stick suprisingly i didnt face any problems! The videos played absolutely fine using vlc on the laptop!

Anyone have any clues?

^ u bought psp slim right?

Im thinking about getting psp one for myself. should i look at any specific version coz I saw few threads which says go for older version can any one confirm this please its confusing! We can install custom FW in psp slim and play* ahem * games right version does'nt matter anymore. whats the current cost of psp fat?
Is sandisk mem card good or shd i go with sony!

Please, don't use psp video 9, it hasn't been updated in ages. Use Xvid4PSP, you won't go to any other converter after using this.

h4x0R said:
Im thinking about getting psp one for myself. should i look at any specific version coz I saw few threads which says go for older version can any one confirm this please its confusing! We can install custom FW in psp slim and play* ahem * games right version does'nt matter anymore. whats the current cost of psp fat?
Is sandisk mem card good or shd i go with sony!
No takers! :mad:

montylee said:
get the psp slim, version doesn't matter. u can get sandisk or sony but buy only original.

Listen to him.

1 Buy a slim. Its 100% moddable.

2 Buy an original memory card. A 4GB orginal costs a 1000 RS more but its worth it. Unelss you like loosing data, skipping movie, music playback, formatting it every fifth day and of course general unreliability.

And a point of my own get a Sony memory card instead of a Sandisk one. A lot of people report problems with save game files in Sandisk cards.

Try PSPVC converter. I prefer this over any converter for PSP.

PSPVC :: PSP Video Converter v1.9
Wraith said:
well i got my psp from planet m in nasik finally!!

and i seem to have a problem....my cuz gave me a 1gb memory stick which isnt the original one. the problem is that some videos seem to get stuck while playing and i get the msg 'this video cannot be played' . It happens at specific points in the videos.

I was wondering whether this is a problem with the psp or is the memory stick screwed?
Psp fimrware is 3.72
Videos converted using PSP video 9 : 320x240/768kbps stereo 128kbps

I didnt get a chance to use the same card on my cuz psp coz his psp has another memory stick stuck in it.
Edit : well i connected my psp to the laptop via usb and played the video files from the memory stick suprisingly i didnt face any problems! The videos played absolutely fine using vlc on the laptop!

Anyone have any clues?

well i update the firmware to 3.80 and i am using xvid4psp to convert the videos...but i am still getting the 'this video cannot be played' msg sometimes...

just dont know what the problem is!!

m47r1m said:
Listen to him.

1 Buy a slim. Its 100% moddable.

1. Ur saying its 100% moddable but how i ve searched the net and the only way to mod it is with another fat psp pandora battery method?

Is there any another way?? to mod slim if yes how ???

2. I got sandisk 2gb micro card can i use it with psp?

h4x0R said:
1. Ur saying its 100% moddable but how i ve searched the net and the only way to mod it is with another fat psp pandora battery method?

Micro wont work. Sorry.

Also the easiest way it to pay some one to do it. I got it done in Palika for 500. You could get it done cheaper perhaps.

i think @Quad Master is using Sandisk Micro stick with an adapter with his psp. He should be a better person to reply about this.

Hi guys, got psp slim with ver 3.71 soft .. have gone through this thread .. noob at this thing .. can someone help me mod it ..:)

h4x0R said:
does psp accept memory card adapter.

memorycard adapter +micro sd!

M2+MSPD adapter = :)
(MSPD = Memory Stick Duo Pro)
h4x0R said:

You need a phat battery any psp running a custom firmware.

h4x0R said:
If its Micro SD , nope. You need a M2+adapter or a MSPD stick
yogi7272 said:
Hi guys, got psp slim with ver 3.71 soft .. have gone through this thread .. noob at this thing .. can someone help me mod it ..:)
I can. But you'll have to come to Andheri. Gimme enough notice.

I can. But you'll have to come to Andheri. Gimme enough notice.[/QUOTE]

thanks dude .. but first i have to get a memory card..thing is that i need to mod it and gift it to a friend of mine .. will let u know ..:)

My dealer doesnt have psp slim in stock, he has psp fat! Whats the current price of psp fat? and which version is good? and how to check the version??? should i get psp normal over psp slim?

Back