The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

don't go for the fat instead of the slim. Slim has many advantages over the fat version. google for more info.

snoopfrog said:
Called the friendly folks over at Ninja Traders, they were like yea we will put in 3.40 firmware, at the ridiculous price of 1000 bucks. For a PSP phat.
Anyway, their prices are PSP - 7.5k, and a 2GB card for 1.5k.

WHy on earth charge 1000 bucks for just copying a few files around :|

are u sure 7.5k is it psp slim or normal fat one? can anyone confirm???

1.How much time should i charge psp slim for the first time. can i use it while charging?Should i leave it overnight for charging help!

2.and i dont have installed screen guard coz the dealer doesnt have em, he said the screen guard will available in 2 days. should i wait or get it laminated if yes where can i get it laminated in hyd?

3.how to protect the screen from dust and all kinds of particulars, any guidelines till i get the screen protector.

hey guys please help me i am new to this psp stuff total noob i am from delhi just tell me should i buy psp slim from sony and modd it or should i buy from grey market palika what u suggest any price idea please answer me delhi guys thx in advance

first compare the prices of grey market and sony showroom psp then decide.

If u r buying it from palika ensure that u get a new psp and not a used one. And buy a PSP Slim not the old PSP model.

modding can be done at palika, i think they charge 500 bucks.

^^ They charge 1k for a custom firmware installation with a replacement guarantee if they accidentally brick it. I know as they bricked my friends new phat psp in front of us :crash:

ReNaGAde said:
^^ They charge 1k for a custom firmware installation with a replacement guarantee if they accidentally brick it. I know as they bricked my friends new phat psp in front of us :crash:
Conned.. duped !! I'd do it for you for a beer :)
And bricked !! what is bricking now !!! you have to be really good or really stupid to brick a PSP and not be able to un-brick it now with a pandora battery etc..
Did he give you guys a new PSP in exchange ??

Hi guys,

I've decided to buy a PSP. I knew zilch about PSPs yesterday, whatever little I've learnt I did in the last four hours (am majorly bheja-fried now) I have a few questions for you:

1. Buy a normal or M2 (original) memory card (learnt that from this thread)

- Which makes besides Sony are OK (in case Sony is v.highly priced)?

- What's the diff. between 'normal' and 'M2'?

2. Pandora's battery = must have.

I don't know anyone who owns a PSP, any shop that does this in Mumbai? (preferably townside - Heera Panna or Lamington Road would be perfect.)

3. People seem to be getting v.3.71 (?) so far but 3.9 seems to be the latest firmware, if I get one of those babies am I screwed or will Pandora's battery still work?

I have a few non-buying related questions but I'll save those for another time & thread.

Thanks.

Looked like hell for an Edit button but can't seem to find one...(is editing disallowed?)

OK, some of my questions are slightly redundant so I'll rephrase:

Should I just go ahead and buy the currently available slim model, irrespective of firmware - assuming I don't manage to get my paws on a pandora's battery will a fix for the current version come sooner or later? I'm itching to run and buy this thing but I don't wana do anything rash. :)

PSP is the way to go now...all the PS1 & slowly PS2 games would arrive on PSP....:D

PSP slim is really very slim,:bleh: but the damn battery doesn't convert into Pandora....also the process to soft mod it is very easy & would require a Phat PSP :D

my dear colleague - Bladerunner - recently did it with my phat PSP ;)

I PM'd you coz I'm leaving soon - are you saying slim is not compatible with Pandora?

I'm from Delhi, and need to buy PSP slim very soon.

can anyone tell me best & recommended seller ? also what are the prices these days with 4 gb card ? and I can go for any version as it can be downgraded ?

-Raghav

i also have same questions where to buy from delhi and whats the prices any shop whom i can trust ???

Folks,

Any idea about who can install CFW on PSP slim and lite, in Bangalore?

Will be buying a PSP slim in a week. Any info would be greatly helpful...

Got a new PSP yesterday from Palika with a screen guard and a Logitech like crystal case for 8600

P.S: Not to forget, a modded one

Back