The PSP Buy Guide - Thread

Re: The PSP Buy Guide - Thread [All Qtns Answered Here]

A couple of updates on emulators.

1 SNES emulator. Works flawlessly with the games tested. Games tried Super Metroid, Super mario world and Super Mario all stars.

2 GBA Emulator. Again works flawlessly. Games tried Super mario 3, Zelda, Super mario world.

Both emulators are folders that can dropped into the PSP 150 folder. Then when you start up the psp the emulators show up as games on your memory stick. Start them up and them load the ROM which is placed in the same DIR. And voila you are now playing GBA games on your PSP.

Next I will try ScummVM games.

faheem_m said:
err whats SNES and GBA ?

Snes = Super nintendo entertainment system. You know the one that had all the mario games.

GBA is the Game boy advance.

m47r1m said:
A couple of updates on emulators.

1 SNES emulator. Works flawlessly with the games tested. Games tried Super Metroid, Super mario world and Super Mario all stars.

2 GBA Emulator. Again works flawlessly. Games tried Super mario 3, Zelda, Super mario world.

Both emulators are folders that can dropped into the PSP 150 folder. Then when you start up the psp the emulators show up as games on your memory stick. Start them up and them load the ROM which is placed in the same DIR. And voila you are now playing GBA games on your PSP.

Next I will try ScummVM games.

hey bro, is it as simple as that...can u point me to a good tutorial for running emulated games on psp.

montylee said:
hey bro, is it as simple as that...can u point me to a good tutorial for running emulated games on psp.

I can do you one better, I will write you a tutorial.

I am assuming you have a PSP SLIM running a custom firmware. Mine was 3.71 M33 - 2.

1 Format your memory stick with your modded slim.

2 Attach your slim to your computer. Enable USB connection.

3 Your computer will show up the PSP as a Removable disk.

4 Now download these files.

a) File Details-Gameboy-Advance - - GBA Emulator. Unzip the file.
Then go to the folder in the unzipped file that says -- UO_gpSP_kai_32_test_05\UO_gpSP_kai_32_test_05\ms0\PSP\GAME
In there is a folder called UO_gpSP_kai
Open that folder.
Now you still need a gba_bios file that you can either torrent (its about 16kb) or I can mail it to you. PM me.
Once you have that gba_bios file copy and paste that inside the UO_gpSP_kai folder where you can find a Eboot file.

Now copy the whole UO_gpSP_kai folder to H:\PSP\GAME150 folder of you memory stick. Keep in mind H can be the drive that designates your PSP.

b) SNES emulator
Download this file.
File Details-Snes9xTYL-0.4.2-ME-for-PSP-Slim-PSP-Emulators -
Unzip it and you will get a snes9xTYL-0.4.2me_fw3x folder go inside it to get to a snes9xTYL folder.
Copy that entire folder to H:\PSP\GAME150 folder inside your PSP.

5 Now both emulators are read to use.

But wait you say where would the ROMS go?

Well buddy boy the roms go to

1 GBA ROMS -----> H:\PSP\GAME150\UO_gpSP_kai\GBA\ROM
2 SNES ROMS -------> H:\PSP\GAME150\snes9xTYL Yeah simply copy and paste them in the main folder with the eboot.pbp file.

And you are ready for some grade A retro gaming.

Any further questions throw them at me.

And please for the love of god play Super Metroid. Its only one of the greatest games ever. Oh and Chrono trigger. And Super Mario bros 3. And Legend of Zelda Link to the Past. And Metroid Fusion. And Metroid Zero mission. And the Castlevania series. And I could go on and on. In fact I dont think you will need PSP games for a long time. :D

wow, thanks for the tutorial mate! any good links for downloading game ROMs?

I do know a couple of sites but I am not sure that would be entirely legal. So I won't post them here. Plus ROM availability is limited on most sites.

Best bet would be to go to iso hunt and search for n64 roms. Most torrents are huge running into GB so use Bitlord and only download the games you want.

Do the same for SNES.

hi to everyone, i have a fat psp with a cf of M33, but recently it got bricked. it is not even showing the recovery menu, i wanna know what is the cost of pandora's battery in palika, or what is the cost of repairing it in palika. i don't wanna get a mod-chip in ma psp, i'll prefer pandora. can anyone answer these or any other option available?

howd it get bricked , post details n stuff , i doubt u cud revive it.

You don't need to buy a pandora battery ... make one .. u'll just need another PSP running cfw ..

PSP not available in mumbai!! called everystore i knew and no one has it!!
i am in Nasik right now and no stores have it here either...

So is there an update coming or something or just plain lack of stock?

^^ Croma doesnt have it....and i meant i called the places which offer official sony warranty...

Back