The Samsung Galaxy S thread

They're working on the Vibrant, not i9000. teamdouche doesn't even have the i9000. And looking at how the release for the Vibrant has been delayed by a month and half.. its kinda irritating..

Superfrag said:
They're working on the Vibrant, not i9000. teamdouche doesn't even have the i9000. And looking at how the release for the Vibrant has been delayed by a month and half.. its kinda irritating..

If you check the latest tweets, there are 3 more devs now and 1 of them is working on brining CM to I9000 , besides they have access to Froyo Source Code used by samsung :)

@gursud : Nice link :) , if lot of people start using this then its going to be awesome :D

whats the current price of the Galaxy S in mumbai?? some people i checked with are still selling it for 27k which is what was retailing over 3 months back!

Hey guys.. Just purchased Samsung Galaxy S I9000.. It is running on Android 2.1 version. I installed Kies and tried to upgrade firmware to 2.2 Froyo but Kies showed me that I'm using the latest firmware.. :S How can I upgrade to Android 2.2 Froyo? And how can I do lagfix? Any easy tutorial for Rooting my Galaxy S?

Rahulrulez said:
Hey guys.. Just purchased Samsung Galaxy S I9000.. It is running on Android 2.1 version. I installed Kies and tried to upgrade firmware to 2.2 Froyo but Kies showed me that I'm using the latest firmware.. :S How can I upgrade to Android 2.2 Froyo? And how can I do lagfix? Any easy tutorial for Rooting my Galaxy S?
If KIES doesn't show froyo as being available, then its not available yet. It's just started getting rolled out across the world. Will take a bit of time.
For lagfix and root, you should try Google

Congrats for your Purchase man :) @Rahulrulez and Froyo would be available real soon maybe in a week or so , cause European I9000 have just got the Froyo release. You can check out this thread itself to get some ABC on lagfixing the phone.

^^ or u cud just make some changes to ur registry to trick Kies into thinking that ur phone belongs to a different product code/area (where froyo is officially released). I did the same to install froyo.

Just check xda developers forum - Galaxy S I9000 Android Development section for details.

Thought of posting it here. Don't know anyone else found this out.. Just make sure you watch it to the end. Super brilliant idea.. at least to me haha... Please do let me know if there are any similar worth watching videos.

`

Is there any thread here in TE which has a collection of youtube video links...

I have rooted the phone using One Click Root method on firmware 2.1 Eclair.. But I dont know if it is rooted or not. How can I check it?

^ Ok, check it using Terminal Emulator... typed su and it asked for Superuser request.. That means, the phone is rooted successfully..
Now one thing, what can I do after rooting the phone? Anything essential that can be done after rooting the phone to increase speed?

^ Yeah, it is in my phone's app list..

Btw I've one query.. I'm using Airtel as my service provider.. My phone always connect and disconnect the data connection (i.e. Airtel Office) and it deducts Rs. 0.30 each time.. Any way to fix it?

Guys, please confirm something for me:

When I have a pair of earphones plugged in (normal ones, not the headset) and someone calls me, the sound doesn't come through the earphones, rather the speaker and that too very low volume. The phone mic works though and the other person can hear me but I cant hear him through the earphones.

Is this standard behavior, if it is , what was samsung thinking ??

Back