The Samsung Galaxy S thread

bottle said:
^ ha same thing here, forgot to disable lagfix before the upgrade and ended up with blackscreen.

Can you please update us on existing data (pictures, music, moves) and Apps? Are they saved or after the Froyo Update, everything has to be started afresh

hatter said:
Question for those who have downloaded Froyo: are the existing data and apps saved?
Yes,i didnt have to download/change anything after the update....but still, its highly recommended to make a full backup before doing so.

Try Downloading the latest version of kies

Uninstall the old one remove the registry entries made by the software. Reboot and install the new version. See if that helps.

Worked for me + i had to unroot for kies to even detect my phone.

Update: I am selling off the vibrant. Nothing to do with Android, just that it feels way too light and cheap (plasticky) after using the iPhone. It will be up in the market soon. I will be buying another android handset.

s_anuj said:
Try Downloading the latest version of kies

Uninstall the old one remove the registry entries made by the software. Reboot and install the new version. See if that helps.

Worked for me + i had to unroot for kies to even detect my phone.
My phone is being detected. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling kies with most updated one and still it says "This Device's version cannot be updated"

Can someone help please?

Thank god, Froyo is available..

I've disabled the Lagfix.. And now updating my phone to froyo.. Do I have to uninstall the root too?

Edit -

Finally updated the firmware to Froyo 2.2. Pretty smooth.. I haven't lost any of my data even after update. That is good thing.

Edit 2 -

The phone just crashed.. I tried holding menu key for long time.. Tried the Sleep key too.. didn't worked any of it. The last option, I removed the battery and inserted again. Phone took long time to start (almost more than 1 minute)

The phone is somehow stable now but didn't tested rebooting it again. Will have to check it once again. Did anyone experienced this?

stalker said:
Do you really find VooDoo useful? I dumped it after a rash of force closures and no perceptible lag being fixed.

It isnt as fast as with 2.1 but its definitely better with it.. phone was plain unusable with stock froyo on my phone

bottle said:
It isnt as fast as with 2.1 but its definitely better with it.. phone was plain unusable with stock froyo on my phone
Hmm.. I still haven't gotten to Froyo.. will know once they release it :)

sathyanaidu said:
i removed voodoo coz it ate up the battery! less than half a day is all i used to get.. what kind of backup u get?

I was getting really bad battery life for some reason , phone left idle without even turning on the screen would eat up 50% battery in 5 hours, couldnt figure out why. Now I came out of Chennai and surpsingly under roaming I am getting really good battery life. Need to see whats changed. Using internet all day and gps all day i got a full days life from battery

Back