The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

Guys, where can I upgrade my Spica to 2.1 OTA? My phone's been lying with the Samsung Service Centre for the last 3 days and these f***ers give an excuse everyday but are not upgrading the OS.

good news, the multitouch is being released tonight.

will update this thread with how to apply that and who can apply that as soon as i try it on my fone :)

ZOMG!!

Im getting high now..

ALSA is being worked on..

the multitouch is a driver so will have to be integrated into the kernel..It will not be so long to have working froyo for i5700 :jumpy: :dizzy:

:cheers:

^something that you recently installed?

wipe both cache

anyways..

back it up.

if apps can be reinstalled then try out the latest firmware from samsung. xxJH1 i thing.

Leshak is compiling his kernel with the new multitouch drivers so i shall be trying that soon.

other mods are already up with multitouch kernel and yes the pinch zoom is working now :) :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

For those who are on original stock 2.1 firmwares
apply the following Mod 1st.
LK2.08 for original firmwares - Root (new Superuser), WiFi tether, bb [12.07.2010]

warning as per the original guide
1. At least you must have LK2.02, but for original firmware I recomend install LK2.08 for original firmwares - Root (new Superuser), WiFi tether, bb [12.07.2010]
2. If you have had installed SamdroidMod firmware - all your data must be saved, in some cases device can experience problems with booting (endless rebooting, or inability to boot at all); to fix this enter the Recovery mode and select "Wipe → Wipe data/cache".
3. If you had already used apps2sd, we strongly recommend to reformat the 2-nd partition on your SD card

One that is done..
head over to this thread.
SamdroidMod Kitchen v.2 'All in One' for Samsung Spica i5700 [EN]
Things to select:

Base packages
SamdroidMod Version 1.3.1.deodexed [XXJH1] (Android 2.1) [58 MB]

Kernel
Kernel [LK2.09.1 (Multitouch from Gabriel-LG!)]

Home
Select any or as many, I would suggest LauncherPro [0.7.5.1]

Phone.apk
Standart Phone.apk

Standart
Select whatever that you would need. Do not select Gallery (Gallery 3D will be selected later)

Keyboards (IME)
Select any or as many

Extended SamdroidMod Components
EStrongs File Explorer [1.4.4.1]
WiFi Tether [2.0-pre10]
Gallery3D - No background version (fastest) [Froyo Stable by Androbot]
Rest you can select whatever you like

Google services
Maps [4.4.0]
Google Services (Market, gmail etc)

Themes
Super Circle Battery [AB]

Boot animations
Select whichever that you like.
I selected Win7-Nexus Bootanimation

Experimental components
DVM ARM11 optimized

Now hit COOK...
Your download will start..

Place the downloaded zip file in the root of your SD card.
Reboot to Recovery and select “Apply any zip†-> SamdroidMod-(###)_update.zip
First booting may last a long time, especially between logo and boot animation; don't be afraid, just wait. But it's NOT normal if booting lasts more than 5 minutes.

Congratulations, you have successfully enabled MultiTouch on your SPICA i5700 !!

abhifusion said:
^ Thanks dude , will try it soon :D

BTW hows SamdroidTurbo V9 ?
im looking forward to it since morning..

just making sure what all to beware of to get some feedback on the same from those who have applied it on top of the v2.

i hope you are talking about the Frozen Eclairs and 3D drivers.

i am on LK2.02. I have cooked the mod with LK2.09.1 kernel. Should i update to LK2.08 first and then flash the new mod. Or can i do it on LK2.02 itself. I am currently on an older version of samdriod mod itself.

madnav said:
im looking forward to it since morning..

just making sure what all to beware of to get some feedback on the same from those who have applied it on top of the v2.

i hope you are talking about the Frozen Eclairs and 3D drivers.
ye ye !

I'hv managed to install new firmware i.e i570EXXJF2 without screwing up the IMEI , yet to root the phone , but these news are making me restless ...

Havok said:
Guys donot forget to install the droidx multitouch keyboard it is just too good and i am getting a feeling it is better thatn HTCIME
tried swype?

bahh, some sources claim it is indeed swype keyboard with swyping not enabled yet :p (may happen in future)

just check out swype..nothing beats it imo..

abhifusion said:
ye ye !

I'hv managed to install new firmware i.e i570EXXJF2 without screwing up the IMEI , yet to root the phone , but these news are making me restless ...
Uptil now, to my understanding...

Frozen Eclairs is being tested to its 1st Stable release (non beta) by its dev. Current revision are not with MiltiTouch so i will wait until its final..Which shall be this week itself.

3D driver is still beta so wont flash that until i see a strong reason to have 3D as i dont game on handheld.

People are now reaching 11MFlops range.

FM Radio thingie is taking new turn, hopefully devs would be able to pull something useful from other devices with similar hardware.

Why samsung released a half baked Donut like this one will never be clear to me.

But in a way we are lucky that the phone is being developed post release as pricing was kind of fair and could have been in 15-16k range probably if samsung had spent more time developing these things.

The spica has a 256MB RAM chip and 512MB ROM chip.. that will be the next aim of the devs. No wonder why there exist one whole forum for this fone.

Yeah tried swype, its amazing for long words, but for short two letter words its a big pain.

Also noticed that its a bit of battery hog hence removed it

But i love the concept of skype :)

Havok said:
Yeah tried swype, its amazing for long words, but for short two letter words its a big pain.
Also noticed that its a bit of battery hog hence removed it

But i love the concept of skype :)
how is that relevant ? :huh:

Thats samsung ! My sammy TV used to play mkv files through USB out of the box , but when i updated its firmware , movie option was removed and TV could only play songs + pics :p

Additional Benefits

You can use kitchen for updates:

1. Use only 'Without base package'!!!

2. Don't use standart programs & Superuser!!

3. You can add/update

- live wallpapers

- kernels

- homes

- Wifi tether, openvpn, Gallery 3D

After applying LK2.08 ; I am not clear about this step , does this mean i should select "remove package" in base packages option & any of the standart apps while cooking ROM ?? What if i select them ?

yup just dont select any base package. and no standart packages including superuser as it says.

that will help you update your existing mod.

or if you select what i mentioned previously.. all will be reinstalled on top of you current setup.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gosh..

the Development of i5700 is on its best time.

A better 2D driver is coming up to smoothen things out.. which will be then followed by a 3D driver which is expected..

i will create a guide on how to spice up your spica with combination of all these things as i get time to do so after having tried the same.

swordfish123 said:
i am on LK2.02. I have cooked the mod with LK2.09.1 kernel. Should i update to LK2.08 first and then flash the new mod. Or can i do it on LK2.02 itself. I am currently on an older version of samdriod mod itself.
No need to apply 2.08 over 2.02 you can directly apply this v2

Sent from my Cell Fone using TapaTalk. :) Pardon me for any typos. :p

It may be a far fetched speculation, but i noticed that the more frequently i used swype the faster the battery was getting drained, may be because of too many predictive algorithms

Just an observation though may or may not be true

will be getting a spica mrw..
no Modding stuff is done in it..not even rooted..
running on official Eclair ..
i want to mod it to get

1.wifi tether
2.apps to sd
3.root privilege
4.multi touch
5.want to make it faster(i read in Samdroid about a mod that increases the computing power to 9mega flops )
6.gallery 3d

can somebody explain what all i need to do...
sorry for such a question.
using android device for the first time..

madnav said:
yup just dont select any base package. and no standart packages including superuser as it says.

that will help you update your existing mod.

or if you select what i mentioned previously.. all will be reinstalled on top of you current setup
CUrrently i'm on JF2 , but if i select base package then JH1 will get installed over JF2 right ? Hmm , i want to use cooked ROM with base package + standart apps , what should I do then ??

My HTC Spica :p

htcspica.png

the status bar needs to be black though :p

Back