The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

aasheet said:
Dont use asian firmwares ... update ur phone to xxfe2 firmware .... and start fiddlin with tge phone

I barely experiance any reboots , and i get 9.5 linpack score :p
can you link me to some guide for upgrading from JC5 to JD1 or JG2 ?? SO far I'v got the guides which tell how to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.1 ... Dont wanna root the phone as of now until i get 8gb card ...
thx

I am putting mine up for sale. My Spica is going on sale. Let me know if anyone needs it. I am going in for another phone (you guessed it right: it's an Android ;-)

madnav said:
@abhifusion..

i think you can mess up your IMEI by going for firmwares from different regions.

so beware.
What ! really ??

Was about to flash it right now using Odin after installing 64bit USB drivers ! Yesterday it was unable to detect my phone ! Phew , that was a close call :-|

How can i use Google Maps, Google Places or Google Navigation on my prepaid Airtel Spica, do i need an active GPRS connection to use these services or just the stand alone GPS Connectivity will suffice

coz i tried running the standalone GPS but it didnt work in either of the 3 services above - it gave a message "waiting for location" but when wi-fi or GPRS was on it worked perfectly, does that mean it requires an active GPRS or Wi-fi connection for the GPS services to work ?

maverick12210 said:
How can i use Google Maps, Google Places or Google Navigation on my prepaid Airtel Spica, do i need an active GPRS connection to use these services or just the stand alone GPS Connectivity will suffice

coz i tried running the standalone GPS but it didnt work in either of the 3 services above - it gave a message "waiting for location" but when wi-fi or GPRS was on it worked perfectly, does that mean it requires an active GPRS or Wi-fi connection for the GPS services to work ?
where will the maps come from?

Currently there are the following things in development pipeline over samdroid :-

Multitouch (Almost done)

Frozen Eclairs (Samdroid Turbo Mod) Beta stage

3D Driver Alpha Stage.

FM Driver and implementation. (not so much of a priority at the moment due to above things being much important)

The developers claim that spica's hardware is well capable and the phone was released under developed by samsung.

The fone has a 256MB RAM and 512MB ROM but for some reason samsung seems to have reserved a whole lot of both.

The Chipsets in spica are known to have the above mentioned stuff working in other fones and devs are striving to get those on spica.

The other possibilities if developed are:

USB Hub, USB to TV out.

PS: This is not a joke. people are advised to explore samdroid forums before ranting.

Back