The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

Guys need help here. I got my Spica last week from fellow TE member. How can i remove the sim ? i meant SIM went inside perfectly. but how can i remove it ? pushing the SIM ( just like memory card) not coming out

^ there is something called a user manual for questions like that.

but to answer your query in this post, push it further and the spring/lock mechanism will push it out.. it is similar to how the memory card slot mechanism is.

it will work if you have inserted the SIM in proper orientation.

Does anyone know where this is available in gurgaon? or NCR?
My brother would like to buy, I already have it. He has been asking all over, no luck.

@ madnav. Actually I just opened up my phone and removed the sim. Spring Mechanism is there but last year i have cut my SIM for iPhone (turbosim) so that is why it is not coming out. I will replace the SIM tomorrow.

Okay, noob question. I had formatted my sdcard and now I'm unable to add any new (custom) ringtones or notification tunes. How do I do that? :(

Sei said:
Okay, noob question. I had formatted my sdcard and now I'm unable to add any new (custom) ringtones or notification tunes. How do I do that? :(
This is the reason why Im still stuck to the default SD Card :|

Ok. I replaced the SIM. SIM is popping out fine. :) now does 2.1 support Airtel NOP service ? Or do i have to activate Mobile Office. I have 99/- wala NOP plan. I have added the APN with all the required settings but not getting E icons in notification bar. :(

Does rooting increase performance of the phone ??

Like now when i press call button , phone takes 10 or more seconds to open it ... i takes same time to open sms too (Using Handcent SMS app) ... will it take lesser time if i root the phone ?? (friends say , this shit you bought for 12k which cant open a phonebook instantly ? followed by middle finger on their face )

If so , can anyone direct me to step-by-seep rooting guide ? I tried exploring samdroid forum , but its lil messed up and confusing (too many options , dunno which one to choose) ...

If I brick my phone by mistake , will it be replaced under warranty ??

And is the root stable than onboard eclair ??

I am familiar with SE modding ; dont have any idea about Samsung , particularly Android ...

even I'm fed up with the <10 second time for SMS, :mad: even after handcent, and the occasional multi second delay to take a call. is there anyway this can be fixed?

Well there is one more , phone restarts when i switch on and off bluetooth multiple times !! :cursing: is this a bug or some hw prob ?? DO i seriously need to root the phone as i read somewhere that samsung guys didnt do a good job and Leshak kernel is better one !

please Spicans answer my query's ...

Sei said:
How do I add custom ringtones???????? Please someone... for the love of GOD, answer me!!!!
If i understood your Q right, play the MP3 file, press menu button, Set As - Voice Call ringtone / Alarm tone

Chose which one you need it for

Dont use asian firmwares ... update ur phone to xxfe2 firmware .... and start fiddlin with tge phone

I barely experiance any reboots , and i get 9.5 linpack score :p

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

aasheet said:
Dont use asian firmwares ... update ur phone to xxfe2 firmware .... and start fiddlin with tge phone

I barely experiance any reboots , and i get 9.5 linpack score :p

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk
Can you download application .. 'benchmark' and post all benchmark results?

Would be appreciated.

Sent from my Cell Fone using TapaTalk. :) Pardon me for any typos. :p

Sei said:
How do I add custom ringtones???????? Please someone... for the love of GOD, answer me!!!!
OK somehow I'm also not able to set it now. :ashamed:

Use astro file manager and browse to the folder. Long press select the song and go to music options. There you can set as ringtone :)

Spectre said:
If i understood your Q right, play the MP3 file, press menu button, Set As - Voice Call ringtone / Alarm tone

Chose which one you need it for
djmykey said:
OK somehow I'm also not able to set it now. :ashamed:

Use astro file manager and browse to the folder. Long press select the song and go to music options. There you can set as ringtone :)
Thanks guys but my query was a bit different. I should have worded it better.

When I make a tune my ringtone via the methods above, I can see it in my Ringtones section. But this tune also gets added to my Songs library by default. This is what I don't want. It should only be visible in my Ringtones menu which I access via Settings. I know I can make a playlist but I want a permanent solution. That's what I want to do. :(

Sei said:
Thanks guys but my query was a bit different. I should have worded it better.

When I make a tune my ringtone via the methods above, I can see it in my Ringtones section. But this tune also gets added to my Songs library by default. This is what I don't want. It should only be visible in my Ringtones menu which I access via Settings. I know I can make a playlist but I want a permanent solution. That's what I want to do. :(
This is a problem that is not only prevalent with Spica, but somehow i think it is due to Samsung's implementation.For example, in my brother's Samsung Monte, the tone that you set as ringtone gets saved in the phone memory, i.e. a copy of that file is created.Now whenever you open the music player it scans all the memory and displays the songs twice in the library.This is what you must be talking about, right.

Back