The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

abhifusion said:
Battery widget shows 50% , whereas battery icon shows little more than 50% , maybe 60-70% :huh:
Search and install BatteryLife ..see if that makes a difference...

but dont depend on the widget that much, it may not be accurate...

check with real usage if possible.

madnav check the screen shot attached here .I was trying to explain the same in my last post .

screenshot2tf.png

Metalspree said:
madnav check the screen shot attached here .I was trying to explain the same in my last post .
this is not how it looks on my fone..

you can always lock and turn off screen in call by using the lock key on the right side to tackle the issue temporarily.

madnav said:
this is not how it looks on my fone..

you can always lock and turn off screen in call by using the lock key on the right side to tackle the issue temporarily.
I know that re but i am asking for a permanent fix

Guys, I just found out that the call voice clarity is pretty bad,

It is manageable when both the parties talk loudly, but it gets really annoying when i talk in the night(when the ambient noise is low), I hear a hissing noise and the caller on the other line hears only when i talk loudly, Whispers aren't heard unless you whisper very loudly. This happens on both the handset aswell as on the handsfree.

I've googled for "poor call quality on android" and i saw many topics discussing about poor call quality on most of the android phones like, moto droid, HTC evo, nexus one and others.

P.S- If you haven't experienced any such issues, try calling someone and see if the other person can hear you whispers.

abhifusion said:
Battery widget shows 50% , whereas battery icon shows little more than 50% , maybe 60-70% :huh:

Hey, could you tell me the name of the weather widget that you're using?
Metalspree said:

Metalspree- WTH is that? How did you get that screen?

cooldude_007 said:
It is manageable when both the parties talk loudly, but it gets really annoying when i talk in the night(when the ambient noise is low), I hear a hissing noise and the caller on the other line hears only when i talk loudly, Whispers aren't heard unless you whisper very loudly. This happens on both the handset aswell as on the handsfree.

Never had this issue at all. Dunno out of all people why only you are facing this problem.

cooldude_007 said:
I had earlier wanted to test the voice clarity of my (well my friend's, but that is another story) Spica. Your post made me do it urgently. I compared it with my trusty N73. Results:

1. When Spica is not on loudspeaker, voice on the other side is indistinguishable from that of N73 (also not on loudspeaker).
2. When Spica is on loudspeaker, voice on the other side gets distorted. Basically it picks up more noise from the background to send to the other side. This was also compared with N73 on loudspeaker.
Test methodology: Used the same DOCOMO SIM with both the phones. Played my old tape recorder, which itself does not have a very clear voice, but it is reasonable. I placed this tape recorder on one side of a steel plate, and the phone on the other side of the steel plate. I did this to avoid the mobile signal's interference with speakers. I called the same landline number with both the phones and tried to judge the quality of sound at the landline.

Music that was playing was mostly human speech, with very sparing usage of instrumental music.

I tried low volume, medium volume, and high volume. Volume didn't make a difference in clarity on either phones. Both the phones performed indistinguishably from each other as long as speaker mode was not turned on.

With speaker mode, like I mentioned in result summary, there was significant worsening of audio at the other end in case of Spica.

With tape recorder playing near the landline and judging the quality of sound at N73 / Spica - There was no difference at all.
OT : I found (actually rediscovered after a long time) an annoyance with N73 - its call log vanishes if you change its SIM.

madnav said:
Search and install BatteryLife ..see if that makes a difference...

but dont depend on the widget that much, it may not be accurate...

check with real usage if possible.
Installed it , its similar to previous one in terms of defining battery life ...

cooldude_007 said:
Hey, could you tell me the name of the weather widget that you're using?
Its beautiful widget ...

Metalspree said:
Hi madnav i do not like the new menu of dial pad i mean when i place a call i cant see the no which is dialed the android icon fills up the screen the no is shown under the buttons on dial pad,hols,speaker and the hold button is on top of the screen when i keep the phone near my ear i accidentally turn on hold how do i revert back to old dial screen where everything was simple.I guess this is happening because of the contact application update.

Go to Settings > Call Settings > Uncheck 'Force Touch Keyboard'

hey TE's

i just love the spica but just can't seem to get hold of it...:mad:

any of you guyz knw where to get it in delhi...i'm comfi wid any price <=13k...
thanx in advance..:)

PS:mention the contact no. if u can

@amit- Thanks, So the nokia and the spica both have the same call quality right? There should be something wrong with my spica :(

@abhifusion- Thanks1 downloading it right now.

anyone facing problems with bluetooth.

I m using i57eddjc5 firmware.

i m able to send audio & jpeg files through music app & gallery.

but i m facing problems with "medieval bluetooth file transfer" app. which allows is to send multiple files. Plus other type of files (.zip , .avi etc) over bluetooth.

every time i try to send the file to other phones like n73,samsung monte, p990i.

it say that other phone does not have OBEX service. plz assist.

Have tried flashing the firmware but still the same problem.

guys my spica is having wired problem , sometimes it displays false names in me message inbox ... for example , i got msg1 from X ans msg2 from Y , then it shows X as sender of Y ... refreshing solves the problem though ... but why it cant recognize correct "contact" at first place ?

abhifusion said:
guys my spica is having wired problem , sometimes it displays false names in me message inbox ... for example , i got msg1 from X ans msg2 from Y , then it shows X as sender of Y ... refreshing solves the problem though ... but why it cant recognize correct "contact" at first place ?
I got this issue only once. And yes I also was facing GPRS issues for the past week or so but it was a fault at Airtel's side and not in my phone. Now GPRS is back to normal :D

i remember getting the messaging problem once when i was on stock 2.1.

have not noticed it again since i have modded to samdroid.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

try out camera 360 app guys.... lots of effects and control.

took the following pic from train on sunday while travelling back home from matheran.

effect is HDR Simulation (heavy)

the app can do much better than the stock camera app.

pic is resized from original size

Even i face the messaging problem on Samdroid mod. Refresing it will correct the senders name

One more issue - when i get a call, sometimes it is impossible to slide the answer tab. It doesn't slide at all, it just stutters there.I have to pres the hardware call key to accept the call.

Whenever i try to update firmware through KIES, it gives me error message that internet is not connected. System is connected to internet. Tried on many system, still the same error. See the attached image

kiesspica.png

And at the same time kies prompt me "New update for kies is available, do you want to install it"

Anyway to fix this problem ???

an update about the battery level monitors..

rather an observation,

the level indicates lower than actual battery if the battery temperature keeps increasing (while usage i mean)

while it shown proper higher level if the temperature is decreasing.

a few nights ago i was charging the phone, it was not charged completely and ususally battery becomes warm while charging... the battery indicator indicated 90% .. the cell was never in 'Completely Charged' state.. Battery temp was 34c and it was at 4100mV.

i was in an area without network coverage and ambients were below 20c. My fone was virtually in airplane mode due to now network all night and battery was at 24-25c all times..as i checked in the morning.. and the battery indicator indicated 100% charge... did i charge it while asleep ? :p

i guess the battery apps are not accurate at all..or maybe they are too intuitive :p

hmm ... it seems to be Android prob then !

Which is best app to get accurate speed and distance travelled by gps ?? I tried speedview but its BS ... Also does App Lock application to lock things like Gallery msg etc slows the phone ?? any alternative to it ??

Back