The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

yes the app lock can lock everything available in the application menu.. messages, settings gallery anything.

havent found any alternative so far, will start looking for one. but 'App Lock' application is serving the purpose well for me for now.

the issue is not just with battery apps on android, i have noticed similar behavious on other phones.

sony ericson phones show battery percentage when volume key is pressed.. it shown lower amount if you check after heavy usage.. and a little higher amount if you check after battery/fone cooldown.

Battery charge indicators show how long the battery will last under the current usage scenario. Nothing surprising/wrong abt it, the behaviour is as expected.

madnav said:
i

try out camera 360 app guys.... lots of effects and control.

Be careful with that app, i have been using this app from some time and I found it very useful. One major flaw though, it's a battery hog and if I do not kill the application after I am done with it, it keeps sucking battery power. I was surprised to see it consume my 70% of phone battery of all apps i had used that day (and i used 360 for just 5-6 mins :|)

cad said:
Whenever i try to update firmware through KIES, it gives me error message that internet is not connected. System is connected to internet. Tried on many system, still the same error. See the attached image

kiesspica.png

And at the same time kies prompt me "New update for kies is available, do you want to install it"

Anyway to fix this problem ???
Are bhai koe eska solution batao

Guys I've noticed a weird and an unusual thing in my spica,

For eg: I scroll down to my 40th text message among the 100s of texts in my inbox, When I press the back button after reading the 40th msg, The screen shows me the 1st list of latest messages and i'll have to scroll down to my 40th message again to continue.

Does it happen with you guys? :S

cooldude_007 said:
Guys I've noticed a weird and an unusual thing in my spica,

For eg: I scroll down to my 40th text message among the 100s of texts in my inbox, When I press the back button after reading the 40th msg, The screen shows me the 1st list of latest messages and i'll have to scroll down to my 40th message again to continue.

Does it happen with you guys? :S

Yes. that happens even on my phone.

Guys , my phone acts very slow sometimes , like when i receive the msg , go to the notification bar and click on it to open , it takes almost 10 seconds to open the msg ... also it takes horribly long time to open the contacts / call log ... Phone internal storage : Free 24.12MB outta 147MB , System Storage : Free 44mb outta 196MB ...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Now this is insane , screen is not shutting off automatically unless i push the side button ... !! :( ... tried setting screen timeout @ 15 seconds bot screen still stays awake , it wont even dim the back-light :( ...

Type this code *2767*3855# on your phone,
This code will erase all the data on the phone, so be sure to remove the sd card before typing this code, it also reinstalls the firmware which might fix the issue. Use a backup tool from tha market to backup all your apps.

hey , thanks for that ... I restarted the phone , and its normal now :) ... Phone takes around a minute to restart (displays samsung logo) !! Plus phone lags while scrolling through messages ,installed apps (in manage apps menu) ... is it normal ???

It does lag sometimes when you scroll through many text messages, but the lag is very negligibe, If you're finding it very irritating then use the code that i've mentioned in the earlier thread to reinstall your firmware.

How much RAM does spica really have?

128MB maybe usable RAM but Total RAM seems to be ~160-170MB as per Smart Monitor Lite and Memory Booster Lite

How to turn off LocationFriendService permanently ??

It crops up again and again , and i get charged 0.05 Rs everytime ... Layer and Navigation is also turned off ...

friends, i have updated my phone with 2.1 but still bluetooth file transfer is not working. it shows pair but not connected for every device. any fix ??

ok now i have reflashed to jc5 and even m able to pair the devices and send files through gallery app but is there any jugaad to send non gallery items through the so called bluetoorh

New apps that I installed..

FourSquare: Helps you discover new places in your town / city.

Transdriod: Torrent remote

Tapatalk: For reading TE :)

Speedtest: Just for the heck of it.

Zedge: For cool wallpapers.

Blink: countrock recommended this game.

Back