The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

^^ I am on CM-8.2alpha and Angry birds play OK. In earlier version (leshak-2.1), I had problems getting it to install.

Not much into playing videos on this phone, but I did get similar error messages on my earlier eclair2.1

haris5sani said:
Hello all,

I think u all r enjoying ur respective spica....

My 1st problem is that i want to play movies(typicallly 699mb) in my spica but it doesn't play & gives error "Can't play, Unsupported Media file"

While video songs of the avi, mp4 hq format are playing on this phone(size<=120mb only).

I hav also converted to lowest mp4 quality(Prison Break 1st season episodes, 160mb), still it doesn't play that.

My 2nd prblm is that i want to play angry birds game in my phone, so to which CM or 2.1/2.2 should i upgrade to play dis game?

plz reply to above prblms.

Thanx in advance.

P.S.: I m using 2.1 eclairs from leshak.

Try using a different video player, i'm able to play all videos easily.
dennis_nail said:
^^ I am on CM-8.2alpha and Angry birds play OK. In earlier version (leshak-2.1), I had problems getting it to install.

Not much into playing videos on this phone, but I did get similar error messages on my earlier eclair2.1

Is it Really playable??

I'm using a patched version of angry birds, it is a tad bit laggy and all the extra effects (feathers falling out) are off.

cooldude_007 said:
Can you explain how you used the samdroid apps2sd to put all ur apps to sd? Did u re-partition your card?

And i've been using the same green droid theme on my 8.2 and aal iz well :) give it a shot
yep , i repartitioned my card , and used samdroidtools which is ported for CM ...

really ? m installing greendroid them right away then ! :D

haris5sani said:
Hello all,

I think u all r enjoying ur respective spica....

My 1st problem is that i want to play movies(typicallly 699mb) in my spica but it doesn't play & gives error "Can't play, Unsupported Media file"

While video songs of the avi, mp4 hq format are playing on this phone(size<=120mb only).

I hav also converted to lowest mp4 quality(Prison Break 1st season episodes, 160mb), still it doesn't play that.

My 2nd prblm is that i want to play angry birds game in my phone, so to which CM or 2.1/2.2 should i upgrade to play dis game?

plz reply to above prblms.

Thanx in advance.

P.S.: I m using 2.1 eclairs from leshak.
Try RockPlayer , it plays all files IMO ...

Surprisingly angry birds is running butter smooth on CM (I'hv installed intercept 3D drivers too) also ninjump which used to lag a lot is playable now :)

Today itself my phone was acting weird , almost every app force closed ! ADB launcher was not working and what not !! It was laggy as hell ...

Then I moved data to ext2 partition from ext4 , read somewhere tht CM isnt compatible with ext4 partition ... phone is super quick now :clap:

Installed CM alpha 8.3. Running smooth as of now. Tried wi-fi tethering. Pretty handy with my Docomo 3G connection for the odd time the internet is not working. Thanks to DJMykey for helping me out yesterday! :)

Proxy support is there but we cannot provide a username and pass. So much for proxy support :|

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sei said:
Installed CM alpha 8.3. Running smooth as of now.

Welcome to the CM group :)

Thanx dennis, cooldude, abhifusion for replying....

I got answers for running AB game, but plz help me out for playing a movie/video on spica.

I first convert movie to xvid codec mp4 format using Total Video Converter, still its not playing.....same wid >200mb size videos.

Guys, i have a lil problem here, I have vodafone EDGE connection on my spica, I am able to access internet using the stock browser, But i'm not able to use the EDGE with the apps, Market,gmail,fb app says that i dont have internet connection. :( Please help

now that my zen M25 is my primary phone, have decided to play around with my stock spica

Need - fast & stable ROM.

What should work :

Camera

GPS ( critical - currently being used as my car GPS)

browsing

Phonebook, calling & SMS

I'm tired of it lagging all the time, hence this step.

And point me to a tutorial on what to do with the stock phone. I have a lappy running 64 bit windows 7 :ashamed:

^^ apply the new Cyanogen mod alpha8.3 with CKmod kernel, intercept 3D drivers, SSSwitch, compass and GPS fix. With these, we get the most stable Spica 2.2 ROM ever.

My quadrant score 710-720 :)

PM me for more details.

^^^Thanks abhifusion, but that suggestion is already in the link provided :)

BTW, are you on eclairs or froyo, what configuration do you have?

me on the stock eclair rom :)

thanks for the advice guys, will update once my 16GB card is here ( I believe that the card should not be changed once the fw is flasher ( esp with apps2sd right?)

Hello all,

plz help me i m in deep trouble.
I hav upgraded my spica from 2.1 eclairs frm 2.2 froyo wid leshak kernel.

bt after the process when i switched on my phone wid sim & m/m card no network was found.

den i searched a lot abt it den finds that i lost my imei no. of my spica as it was showing 0000000000000 by pressing *#06# on the phone.

phone is doing everything except call and sms(just lyk gaming console).

i think my phone is just like a chinese one(no use) :(

plz help me wat to do for this???

phone is in warranty period bt service center will not accept dis as phone is rooted(which i think).

so plz suggest me plausible solutions for this problem !!!

Thanx in Advance
Haris

greenhorn said:
me on the stock eclair rom :)

thanks for the advice guys, will update once my 16GB card is here ( I believe that the card should not be changed once the fw is flasher ( esp with apps2sd right?)
With Froyo I don't think you have to rely on Apps2SD. It supports moving applications to SD card. Tried swapping cards on a Zte blade, if works if you copy contents of your old card to new via PC.

haris5sani said:
Hello all,

plz help me i m in deep trouble.

I hav upgraded my spica from 2.1 eclairs frm 2.2 froyo wid leshak kernel.

bt after the process when i switched on my phone wid sim & m/m card no network was found.

den i searched a lot abt it den finds that i lost my imei no. of my spica as it was showing 0000000000000 by pressing *#06# on the phone.

phone is doing everything except call and sms(just lyk gaming console).

i think my phone is just like a chinese one(no use) :(

plz help me wat to do for this???

phone is in warranty period bt service center will not accept dis as phone is rooted(which i think).

so plz suggest me plausible solutions for this problem !!!

Thanx in Advance

Haris
Go through this thread. He has started charging $20 for this. Get it to Samsung service center first and check if they can help you

COMPLETE IMEI RESTORE HOW-TO

Back