The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

^^
Is the performance a lot better than the rfs file system??

Also, on the CM froyo, i can move apps to sd through android itself, even with most of the apps on sd, a few mb's of data is on the phone if i'm not mistaken, How do i move ALL the apps to sd. Like in the leshak's 2.1 kitchen.

cooldude_007 said:
^^

Is the performance a lot better than the rfs file system??

Also, on the CM froyo, i can move apps to sd through android itself, even with most of the apps on sd, a few mb's of data is on the phone if i'm not mistaken, How do i move ALL the apps to sd. Like in the leshak's 2.1 kitchen.

Yep , performance is better than rfs file system ... dunno anything about cm yet , never tried it ... is it stable enough to use on primary phone ??

Cool i'll try it, And CM's foryo is amazing man, it is as good/better than samsung's 2.2 for spica(if there was) And it is pretty stable, i've never had any issues(touch wood:p), using it since 4 days

cooldude_007 said:
Cool i'll try it, And CM's foryo is amazing man, it is as good/better than samsung's 2.2 for spica(if there was) And it is pretty stable, i've never had any issues(touch wood:p), using it since 4 days
is it ? i'll hv to give it a try then :) .. can you post the short steps to get cm over samdroid LK2.10.rc1 ?

1. Download: CM-6.1.1-Spica-a8.2_update.zip
2. Put it to SD card
3. Enter to Recovery
4. Apply CM-6.1.1-Spica-a8.2_update.zip
5. Wipe data & cache!
6. Reboot (in the process of booting the phone may reboot a few (2-5) times, do not worry, wait)
7. Play

CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.2

As simple as that :)

<optional>

3d drivers: Intercept 3d drivers for Cyanogemod

A better kernal: :: ch33kyMod [ckMod] kernels + tweaks for CM :: (MAKE SURE U INSTALL ckMod.cfs.010A) Not the other one.

</optional>

Have converted data, cache, system from rfs to ext2/ext4 as suggested. There is definitely performance improvement. I am happy with the CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.2

@Metalspree- Yes it is still in alpha but it doesn't seem like alpha at all, it is very stable.

@dennis- I'll do that right away :)

@abhifusion- I'm not sure coz i used a new memory card, If you're on 2.1 kitchen, take a backup from menu>samdroid tools> backup/restore and restore when you install the froyo

@kippu- I didn't quite get you, you need to have a rooted phone with recovery to install the froyo.

^That should be fine i believe, Go to samdroid tools>reboot>reboot to recovery, See if you have that option, After it reboots, see if you have an option called "apply any zip from sd"

hey , Installed CM now !

few queries !

since i was using samdroid 2.1 before , i had partitoned sd card into 512mb ext2 for app2sd , 512mb + 256mb ext2 for system and cache , and 512mb ext4 for data !

what will happen to all these partitions now ??

and what are the themes supporting CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.2 ??

I'm kinda missind GreenDevDroid Ultimate in here :(

+ i did wipe data/ factory reset + wipe cache in recovery , after applying update.zip , still all the files were present on SD card !! :gap:

Installed Cyanogen on my phone too. Rooted it and then installed it. Phone seems snappy... got some very much needed features... proxy server support on WiFi for one.. lets see how it works. Phone is pretty responsive so no issues there.. :)

abhifusion said:
hey , Installed CM now !

few queries !

since i was using samdroid 2.1 before , i had partitoned sd card into 512mb ext2 for app2sd , 512mb + 256mb ext2 for system and cache , and 512mb ext4 for data !

what will happen to all these partitions now ??

and what are the themes supporting CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.2 ??

I'm kinda missind GreenDevDroid Ultimate in here :(

+ i did wipe data/ factory reset + wipe cache in recovery , after applying update.zip , still all the files were present on SD card !! :gap:

Hey, Good to know that it is all fine :)

And regarding apps2sd and partition, i guess you'll have to contact the samdroid forums, when i installed the CM, i got a new sd card and didn't use any partition, i use the move to sd function from the application manager directly.

Here's the green dev theme for CM GreenDevDroid Ultimate for CyanogenMod :)

abhifusion said:
I'm using good old samdroid tools app2sd , its working fine now :D ... Man tht greendroid theme supports only cm 8.1 , not 8.2 ...

Can you explain how you used the samdroid apps2sd to put all ur apps to sd? Did u re-partition your card?

And i've been using the same green droid theme on my 8.2 and aal iz well :) give it a shot

Hello all,

I think u all r enjoying ur respective spica....

My 1st problem is that i want to play movies(typicallly 699mb) in my spica but it doesn't play & gives error "Can't play, Unsupported Media file"

While video songs of the avi, mp4 hq format are playing on this phone(size<=120mb only).

I hav also converted to lowest mp4 quality(Prison Break 1st season episodes, 160mb), still it doesn't play that.

My 2nd prblm is that i want to play angry birds game in my phone, so to which CM or 2.1/2.2 should i upgrade to play dis game?

plz reply to above prblms.

Thanx in advance.

P.S.: I m using 2.1 eclairs from leshak.

Back