The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

My phone is acting weird now. All of the phone works properly. But when I recieve a call and I answer it, the phone just doesnt connect to the call. The screen remains as if the phone is still ringing. Sometimes the call goes as a missed call. I wanna format and check if the phone os faulty or the h/w is gone bonkers.

Any pointers which version of firmware should I flash ??

I am a newbie to this.. How do I clear dalvik cache? And I am using Launcher Pro only..
Anyway, I have disabled live wallpaper and no hanging till now for past 12 hours or so.

There you go u never mentioned live wallie activated .I know it looks gorgeous with live wallie but eats yup memory and battery .

Read this thread to avoid issues in future take a backup and save in computer .You can restore your phone by using the backup .Any random reboot issues you face clear chache and dalvik cache

Wiki:Recovery - Samdroid board

I realized about the Live wallpaper after had posted the query here. I was tryng to disable a few settings, so disabled wallie also. I am going through this thread - a few pages everyday. :)

Where do I find option to clear dalvik cache? I could not located it.

djmykey said:
The phone seems to be working fine now... there were so many horrifying thought running thru my mind the whole morning :(
Mykey nothing will happen .Follow the below

1) Open samdroid tools go to reboot to recovery

2) TAR backup/Restore

3) TAR backup system

4) TAR backup data

5) Reboot the phone go to main screen again open samdroid tools and take backup of all apps

6) Connect phone to PC

7) Copy the folder samdroid and smadroid tools to PC and keep in a safe location .

If something seriously goes wrong u can hit factory reset and apply these Backups

dennis_nail said:
I realized about the Live wallpaper after had posted the query here. I was tryng to disable a few settings, so disabled wallie also. I am going through this thread - a few pages everyday. :)

Where do I find option to clear dalvik cache? I could not located it.
dalvik cache is in recovery .This is how u clear cache and dalvik cache

1) Open samdroid tools and hit reboot to recovery

2) Wipe choose what to

3) Wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot the phone .Follow the menu in recovery for rebooting

@dennil_nail please follow TAR backup same as i suggested for mykey here.

PS: Do not do the wipe data/cache( factory rest) .You will loose all your data .This should only when ur phone is giving too many problems.If you have taken TAR backup u can apply it after doing this and your data will be safe

Use Launcher pro as the launcher its awesome.

PS PS: Even though i have moved to i4 .I still have spica which for only development and modding of Android.

Thanks for the valuable info Metalspree.
With the live wallpaper disabled, the problem of phone hanging has been solved.
But your tips will be valuable. I will try them when I am more familiar with Android.

Hi guys, did any of you try Leshak's new Froyo mod, SamdroidMod 2.0.1.alpha.8.2-Froyo [AOSP]..seems to be almost stable but he has not made any updates recently. Hope this one has less bugs than CM.

anybody here ?? :S

my phone is lagging very much these days , when i get a call phone rings first and display takes 5-10 seconds to show incoming call screen , also for msg it vibrates fist , then shows msg then rings after 5 seconds or so ... tried dalvik cache wipe but no use :( ... wht to do ??

abhifusion said:
anybody here ?? :S

my phone is lagging very much these days , when i get a call phone rings first and display takes 5-10 seconds to show incoming call screen , also for msg it vibrates fist , then shows msg then rings after 5 seconds or so ... tried dalvik cache wipe but no use :( ... wht to do ??
After my rooted phone went bad I flashed my phone with i570EDDJC5 baseband version. Am facing the same issue that you are facing, the only diff is my phone takes 3-5 seconds. The phone vibrates but takes 3 or so seconds to display the number of the person calling.

djmykey said:
After my rooted phone went bad I flashed my phone with i570EDDJC5 baseband version. Am facing the same issue that you are facing, the only diff is my phone takes 3-5 seconds. The phone vibrates but takes 3 or so seconds to display the number of the person calling.
JC5 is Asian version that comes with the phone right ?? Why dont you try latest ones ?? Mine is JH1 ... BTW its working fine now , lag is reduced , maybe it was handcent app gesture lock tht was slowing down the phone ...

^^I guess everyone are too bored to play with Spica anymore.

Anyway yesterday i moved from samdroid eclair to CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.2. The UI and phone performance during normal usage is much smoother and faster. Compass doesn't work. There is a workaround for it. Its a big process. I don't use compass much, so don't really care. Game performance was better in samdroid eclair with v3 graphics drivers(But it had white patches during youtube playback). I have not tried the graphics drivers for CM. Also the video playback is pretty laggy. There is some patch for it. But still some users are facing issues. Audio is much better and louder. No more cracking sound in speakers. Wifi, bluetooth, EDGE all working fine for me. I will stick on to this since normal phone usage is faster than eclair.

My spica is running on CM 8.2.. with intercept 3d driver patch. And all the games now runs smoothly.

CM is getting better and better.

2.1 users should try CM.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

I also shifted to CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.2 today, and the performance has improved as compared to Eclair. Hasn't got a chance to play around yet, but looks fine as of now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

cisco_tech said:
My spica is running on CM 8.2.. with intercept 3d driver patch. And all the games now runs smoothly.

CM is getting better and better.

2.1 users should try CM.
From where do I download this patch?

^^Its in samdroid forum. But i tried to install the intercept 3d drivers recommended for CM 8.2 and my phone wouldn't boot. It was only booting to recovery. Then i screwed up that aswell by clearing data/cache. The phone didn't even boot to recovery.

Just now done with flashing official samsung 2.1 firmware through ODIN. Have to flash CM 8.2 again

I moved system / data / cache from RFS to ext2 / ext4(for data) ... UI is butter smooth now and phone doesn't lag much (using LK 2.10.rc1 ) ... BTW when CM beta will release ??

Back