The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

my app memory is on SD, there is space on phone memory as well as 2 gb on card, but am unable to install more games or applications.

Also when i uninstall old applications , then i am able to install the stuff which i was not able to install before.

deaddevil said:
my app memory is on SD, there is space on phone memory as well as 2 gb on card, but am unable to install more games or applications.

Wot!:O How did you manage that?! Moving apps 2 SD is possible only with FroYo..right? Or are you using some kind of custom ROM that enables this? Sorry, didn't follow the thread so am not aware if there are any..

Guys, My phone is screwed.

All of a sudden my phone restarted and none of the apps on SD are opening, The swype, widgets, task killers are not opening, I get this message, "This app has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I disabled the apps to SD function and the new apps that install on the phone memory worked fine, And a few days back the entire camera image folder disappeared by iteself. Is SD card the culprit?

P.S- I was on Kitchen mod.

Looks like SD is dying are using an app called Swapper ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

madnav said:
The paid version gives you widgets...which you don't want to use... What's the point?

Tapped on my Cell Fone using TapaTalk. :) Pardon me for any typos. :p
Purchased it to donate some money to the dev not to use widgets .Dev has done amazing work :)

PlayPlus said:
Wot!:O How did you manage that?! Moving apps 2 SD is possible only with FroYo..right? Or are you using some kind of custom ROM that enables this? Sorry, didn't follow the thread so am not aware if there are any..

Well it is possible in 2.1 Eclair for i5700 through a mod called Samdroid :)

cooldude_007 said:
Guys, My phone is screwed.

All of a sudden my phone restarted and none of the apps on SD are opening, The swype, widgets, task killers are not opening, I get this message, "This app has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I disabled the apps to SD function and the new apps that install on the phone memory worked fine, And a few days back the entire camera image folder disappeared by itself. Is SD card the culprit?

P.S- I was on Kitchen mod.

Looks like SD is dying are using an app called Swapper or Swapper 2 ??

I feel that My applications and games are not getting installed and are limited to the ext2 partiton size, default of which was 256mb...now i have 1 mb left and no applications get installed.

So now, I need to know how to increase the ext2 partition on the SD without affecting present data.

My 8gb card is 6gb full..

My ext2 partition is around 256 mb, need to add 500 mb more....

now am on FE7 kitchen v2

i want to upgrade to

Kitchen V2->Samdroid Turbo-FE9B1(UV+sound fix+1% qbanin callibrtd battery driver)->Data-Ext4/System-Ext2

can u guide me..???

hey spica users, any idea on how to optimise your phone, and make sure we have enough ram available for games, more than 60 mb ?

and is there any application that can release ram back to the system after it has been used by applications or games.

Also I have around 160 applications installed and now notice sum lag, while opening sms, or phone or contacts, which was not the case earlier.

Looking to unload a 2.5 months old Spica with 8GB Class 4 SDHC Card in Brand New condition..... Almost unused.....

I'll click pictures today afternoon & submit a [FS] thread by evening 2day....... If anyone is interested, let me know.....

:)

Lately my Spica has started going unresponsive. When I touch the message icon, it takes upto 10 seconds to load/ refresh the sms inbox. ditto for the call icon, takes ages to load the dialled history/ contacts list. all in all, this phone has turned sluggish now. any idea why this is happening? My phone is on official 2.1 since last 3 months and I'm using Launcher pro as the Home app.

Or in case u have messed up the internals (software) of the phone, try hard resetting the phone:

Dial *2767*3855#

DO Note that all user data will be deleted & settings would be restored to Factory Defaults.

raymasky said:
if you guys have rooted your phones you should clear the dalvik cache from the bootloader.helps speed things up.
As mentioned in my post, my phone runs the stock 2.1 which was updated at the Samsung Service centre. Just removed Launcher Pro today to see if this speeds things up.

Back