The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

m.a. said:
As mentioned in my post, my phone runs the stock 2.1 which was updated at the Samsung Service centre. Just removed Launcher Pro today to see if this speeds things up.
Get your phone rooted and install (cook :)) it with the custom 2.1 ROM and your phone gets much faster...

Crossx said:
Get your phone rooted and install (cook :)) it with the custom 2.1 ROM and your phone gets much faster...
Thanks for the tip. Can you help me with which rom to install and other things needed?

MS - I asked Madnav this question and he asked me to check with you
Will modding with Samdroid mod increase the volume or improve sound quality

Can we backup and restore back the stock firmware setting, incase something goes wrong with phone and needs to visit service center.
Do you have a guide for it

Spectre said:
MS - I asked Madnav this question and he asked me to check with you

Will modding with Samdroid mod increase the volume or improve sound quality

Can we backup and restore back the stock firmware setting, in case something goes wrong with phone and needs to visit service center.

Do you have a guide for it

Sound quality can be controlled without modding as well .

Changing speaker microphone etc volume via ServiceMode

Handset speaker volume:

Type *#197328640# , then go [8] Audio - [1] Handset - [2] RX Value - [1] RX Codec/Volume

If you want it to remain logarithmic change

Rx Codec Gain: 5FFF for 4dB, 7FFF for 6dB, FFFF for 12dB, 4000 for default, etc, you know hex.

If you want the volume to change lineary or whatever, change the volume 0 to 5 accordingly

Handset microphone volume:

Type *#197328640# , then go [8] Audio - [1] Handset - [2] TX Value - [1] TX Codec/Volume

Change [1] Tx Codec Gain accordingly: 5FFF for 4dbB 7FFF for 6dB, FFFF for 12dB, etc

Increase speaker volume (ringing, playing music,...):

Type *#197328640# , then go [8] Audio - [3] Speaker - [2] RX Value - [1] RX Codec/Volume

Change Rx Codec Gain from 143E (-12dB) to 1FFF (-6dB) or 2FFF(-3dB), 3FFF(0dB), 4FFF (2dB), etc.

1FFF is loud enough.

All of this works without reboot, but sometimes the values doesn't change in menu (althrough they changed in real, because phone is louder). So reboot is safer.

When in service menu, phone GSM connection is flapping, don't worry, it's normal.

If you want to restore default settings, choose Rebuild these vaules in according menu, or generally. This may require reboot (sometimes do, sometimes don't)

Yes we can backup everything .Do as below

1) Goto Recovery

2) TAR backup--->TAR backup for system then TAR backup for data .

3) Connect to PC and copy the 2 files under samdroid to PC

4) If you revert to original firmware no issues just do the samdroid kitchen 2 again copy these 2 files to SD card

5) In recovery go to TAR backup/Restore

6) TAR restore

There is another way which i haven't tried but this was reported all over samdroid forums

1) Recovery

2) Do a odin backup

3) Save the file in PC

4) Flash any firmware u want claim warranty

5) If u want to get back to the modded one flash the backup via odin

I have given up on spica as my primary phone it will be used only for modding .Got a i4 :p

Thanks MS, that was brilliant

I need to increase music / video volume while hearing through IEM

so, i need to increase handset volume, right

Type *#197328640# , then go [8] Audio - [1] Handset - [2] RX Value - [1] RX Codec/Volume

Rx Codec Gain:

Key in the required HEX value for increase ? say type 5FFF for increasing by 4db more volume than the current volume limit, is that correct ?

Guys my spics's screen doesnt autoshutoff itself , just remains in dim condition ... this happens after my scheduled titanium backup every Sunday ... I need to restart it everytime ! Is it a bug or Titanium backup is unnecessary??

Guys,

All of a sudden my spica just froze, I took the battery out and restarted the phone, when the phone goes to the homescreen, in the notification bar i see "Blank SD card or has unsupported file system" and all the apps2sd are lost, the card is not getting detected on the computer either. Please help me out i dont want to do anything from scratch :(

cooldude_007 said:
^^is there anything i can do to recover the data? :(
If the card is not detected at all by the PC, chances are high that u have lost all data on it. :(

If u have a MicroSD HC adapter (The thing that converts the microSD to SD) try putting the card into it & then connecting it to the card reader.

EDIT: Lol.... I just noticed..... this is post no 420....!!! :p

Guys, I recently procured a Spica off TE Market. Getting familiar with the Android OS and applications. It is rooted with samdroidmod V2. I am loving the device but facing an irritating issue with it (every 1-2 days). When the phone goes in sleep mode in idle state, it hangs when I press a key. The touchscreen is unresponsive, but I could hear the ringtone for an incoming call. I have to remove the battery and restart it, then it works fine. Any idea what might be causing this? Do I need to upgrade to newer firmware? Help, please!

Firmware version: 2.1-update 1

Baseband version: i570EDDJB2

Kernel Version:2.6.29 leshak@leshak-udev7 #53

Build number: ECLAIR.XXJH1 / SamdroidMod 1.3.1.d [Samdroid.Net]

Back