The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

@vikid It would be really nice & helpful for all, if you could create some sort of a TUTORIAL for applying all these mods on the Spica:cool2:

im not able to access the external memory card on spica from within windows as weel as from samsung supplies Kies PC Suite software..

im on eclairs 2.1 firmware EDDJC5

madnav , once you connect the usb cord , you have to drop the top notification bar down and then ask the phone to use the storage card as usb something , which i dont remmeber , then it will be shown on the windows explorer

kippu said:
madnav , once you connect the usb cord , you have to drop the top notification bar down and then ask the phone to use the storage card as usb something , which i dont remmeber , then it will be shown on the windows explorer

Bingo!! :p :)

cant rep...says i need to spread around :ashamed:

Can anyone explain how to root the spica?

And one more silly thing i m not able to view the communities when i access my orkut on the spica? :huh:

kippu said:
i am happily using swype on my phone and 2.1 , what are you guys saying it doesnt work :?

Since yesterday swype pops up a msg saying saying my trial expired. I tried to swype a word it doesn't work now, but still I am able to use it as normal keyboard.

I Miss swype :no:

sujithbvm said:
Can anyone explain how to root the spica?

And one more silly thing i m not able to view the communities when i access my orkut on the spica? :huh:

Samdroid Forum is the one stop solution for everything Spica :eek:hyeah:

Spica v.LK2.02 - Root, Recovery, Apps2SD, Busybox, Wifi tether etc [04/15/2010] [EN]

Did anyone manage to get (buy) the Spica in Chennai. It's available in selected stores with still the Android 1.5 firmware. The best price I could find is for Rs 12500. But I'm looking for 2.1 version around 11.5k (this was the price in Saravana Stores as quoted by previous buyers.

Note: You can get this one from Spencer Plaza.Samsung Mobile store and Balecha cell zone have stock of this phone and both quote 12.5k.

All mods done ,thanks to Vikid.I was tensed while doing it coz i was worried that i will brick the phone but nothing went wrong.

Able to install apps to SD .

Vikid i owe a beer :cheers:

ViKiD said:
Will be working on a guide guys...kinda wayyy too busy with some mice.keyboards and mouse pad reviews... :E

Great News, will wait for Your Guide before applying any Mod:hap2: though first I need to get the phone, hopefully it will be in stock tomorrow :ashamed:

Just Got The Phone Yesterday!

Used Up Almost All The Onboard Memory Installing Apps Yesterday:eek:hyeah:

Have "Reset" The Phone Right Now! Its Showing 130Mb Free, All Apps Gone.

Just Wanted To Know Weather,Spica v.LK2.02 Mod Can Be Applied On The Below Mentioned Firmware. Or is it necessary to flash To some other firmware.

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1

Baseband Version:i570EDDJC5

Kernel Version: 2.6.29

Also I cannot locate the my default firmware version i570EDDJC5 on samsungfirmware website. Last update is I570EDXJC4 Which Is An older Release I Guess.

Plz Assist. Will Bug U All Again Soon:bleh:

Thankxx

ok now tried to install i5700 drivers provided here:
Sameer Prabhakar - Mad Ramblings: Samsung I5700 (Galaxy SPICA) Android 2.1 Flashing Guide (Updated)

I put the phone in "Download Mode" by pressing Volume Down + Camera + Power button.

Connected the phone to usb It Detected a new device then i gave the path to the usb drivers.

it started installing the drivers. Now here is the wierd part After some time the driver installation got stuck. so i let it be for another 30-40 mins. Still it was not responding so i hit end task. for driver installation.

Again disconnected the phone removed the battery again started it in download mode.
but this time windows didn't prompt for any driver installation what so ever. its showing unknown device in "hardware manager" tried uninstalling it but still no luck.

by the way i can connect the phone in normal USB & Debug Mode.

Looks Like I Bricked My "Windows XP" Rather than My Phone :mad:

My modding days are over.:ashamed:

@sriharsha

I m trying to do the Spica v.LK2.02 mode but as mentioned the 4th step
( 4. Flash i5700_LK2-xx_PDA by Odin as PDA file.)
Im not able to find any image file to flash the kernel.

I downloaded the Kernel i5700_LK2-02_PDA.7z

But inside the tar file i dont find any image file...What to do?

And moreover the link u provided is only for rooting the spica bcoz im already on 2.1 update

Deathbearer said:
ok now tried to install i5700 drivers provided here:
Sameer Prabhakar - Mad Ramblings: Samsung I5700 (Galaxy SPICA) Android 2.1 Flashing Guide (Updated)

I put the phone in "Download Mode" by pressing Volume Down + Camera + Power button.

Connected the phone to usb It Detected a new device then i gave the path to the usb drivers.

there is another way
install the nps from the cd that u got with the phone
and also install the usb drivers in the cd
do this before you connect the phone

also kill the nps process before flashing

make sure u see the things u are supposed to see (Drivers.PNG (image))
before you start to flash

cheers

Back