The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

I found a review somewhere where a guy actually tried to pierce the shield with a pen. It withstood comfortably. The same review took some points out because of the accessories not present. I think that is actually the plus point. This DIY gig was fun!

And yes will be adding the pictures soon. As of now its still drying :)

Very grateful to you for bringing to notice a very good product which works and will help the Indian guys behind it
As all have requested it would be really useful if you post pics(of course after drying). My Gnex is coming in day or two and will buy this after seeing the pics
One question: Did you even applied the side stickers by yourselves, its kinda hard?

Yeah the pictures are in the pipeline as I cannot get my hands on any other device to take good pictures. Most of them are low MP. Will borrow a friend's Galaxy S advance tomorrow :/

About the side stickers, I have kept them aside as of now not because I thought it'd be difficult to apply them. As i mentioned the whole process is quite easy. The only curvy part I applied the film on is the body part beneath the battery. They provide separate films for battery cover and the part beneath that. The instruction leaflet clearly mentions a palm technique to be applied in such cases (where the corner flaps are not settling).

Another thing is that the back cover was the first part I applied the film on and since it has a rough surface, the film has not settled properly. But on the front the results are great.

Apologies for the delay in pictures. Will be posting them soon enough.

Flashed Xenon HD on Saturday, pretty sweet ROM and the audio quality is GOD!
Will be buying the Gadget Shield soon :p

- - - Updated - - -

Also installed a mod, just have to wave my palm over the proximity sensor to awake or put the device to sleep (Looks magical!)

Flashed Xenon HD on Saturday, pretty sweet ROM and the audio quality is GOD!
Will be buying the Gadget Shield soon :p

- - - Updated - - -

Also installed a mod, just have to wave my palm over the proximity sensor to awake or put the device to sleep (Looks magical!)

Nice. Which mod is this? And how's the ROM coming along? I am worried about the battery life. I have been fiddling around a lot ( still on stock ) and the battery life is frugal. Sigh.

"Smart Screen ON" is the mod name, there's also 1 called PGM, you just swipt your finger on the screen to wake up or put it to sleep.
Have installed an app called Easy Battery Saver, its on Intelligent Mode and Battery doesn't suffer from loose motions :)

I only use the phone for Music and making 1-2 calls per day (that too of very short duration), brightness is very low, no GPS (I'm never lost :D), No Auto-sync unless am on wifi.

The ROM is very neat, slick and fast, you have apex launcher, controls on the drop down, you can change the navigation keys color directly (without any hassles, just select the color and click on it). I was on Android Revolution HD and I must say it s**ked to the core (Battery had so much loose motions that I felt like selling the phone seriously, and no special features). If you flash the ROM, and listen to your fav. song using earphones + tweak the equalizer settings you may end up telling yourself "Why didn't I flash this before?"

Remember
1 - Download the ROM
2 - Download the Gapps
3 - Format your Phone (Factory Reset)
4 - Setup the phone
5 - Install 'ROM Manager' Application from the market
6 - Copy the Gapps and ROM in your phone (Root)
7 - Open the ROM Manager and select "Install Clockwork Recovery" (1st Item in the list) [The app won't respond but you can see a small navigation bar progressing on the top, let it finish]
8 - Select Install ROM from SD Card and navigate to the Xenon HD ROM
9 - Phone will restart and the ROM will be applied (The boot may take a few minutes, don't panic)
10 - Setup your account and switch off the phone
11 - To Install Gapps, do step 8 and select the Gapps.zip
12 - Keep your phone aside, Go to the toilet, return back and have fun with Xenon HD

- - - Updated - - -

Slide to wake app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.ponury.pgm2free&hl=en (Free Version, there's also a paid version)
Video Demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZEodCnYv58&feature=player_embedded

I used this one before and works flawlessly, remember, you need a ROOTED Nexus, else you may kill your phone.

Guys,
Its official, Galaxy Nexus is being sold in Samsung showroom in Bangalore(Mantri Mall) for 26k with one year warranty just like the other samsung phones which are sold in India.

Do you guys think it is worth the extra 2.5~3k for warranty?

EDIT: The above post is not true anymore, I was informed that the warranty is just for 1 month.

Guys,
Its official, Galaxy Nexus is being sold in Samsung showroom in Bangalore(Mantri Mall) for 26k with one year warranty just like the other samsung phones which are sold in India.

Do you guys think it is worth the extra 2.5~3k for warranty?
It really depends on whether you will be victim to the rare chance of the phone getting physically damaged. But mostly that won't happen, and you will end up not needing the warranty. :)

It really depends on whether you will be victim to the rare chance of the phone getting physically damaged. But mostly that won't happen, and you will end up not needing the warranty. :)
You never know how luck turns out to be! I've rarely seen the Gnex having major problems except screen issues unlike my friend's S2 whose motherboard has to be changed and my sister's SGS whose speaker needed a replacement within a year of purchasing.

Here,in Mumbai(My Area)
No Samsung Outlets have the GNex available,had visited one of them in my location 2days back with the same query(Dunno about other regions of mumbai) :unsure:

Not officially available in Mumbai yet, 24.5k for a black model and 25k for a white one. No warranty, if you sh*t bricks, you'll have to wipe it on your own.
I may sell the white nexus I have in some time :p

Just bought a Galaxy Nexus for 22,000 in Hyderabad. Had been following this Forum for along time and I need your help guys in updating my phone to JB Official ROM(OTA) as I am not much aware of Yakju or Takju and this is my First Android Phone. Your help will be appreciated.

Someone knows how to use NFC in the phone? Is NFC only allowed between phones of the same operating system? How is Android Beam different?

Just bought a Galaxy Nexus for 22,000 in Hyderabad. Had been following this Forum for along time and I need your help guys in updating my phone to JB Official ROM(OTA) as I am not much aware of Yakju or Takju and this is my First Android Phone. Your help will be appreciated.

Congrats! Where did you buy it from in Hyderabad?
And yeah it all looks a bit confusing in the beginning with the Yakju/ Makju/ Maguro/ Toro and other stuff flying around. Follow the link that Yash gave you. Also go here and download the toolkit. Most probably you'll be on 4.0.4 yakju. Using this toolkit Unlock + root your phone. Its a one click process. Do that right away or you'll have to take a lot of backup. Follow the steps in the link provided by Yash.

Go to the factory images page of google and download the 4.1.1 factory image or the toolkit also offers a method to download the images. Then just perform dry runs and youtube. You will easily get a hang of it. Only when you are sure, proceed with the flashing. Unlock+ root can be performed easily.

Note : Download ADB drivers through the toolkit first and foremost.

Would you recommend below link to convert my phone from YAKJUXW to YAKJU? Is the following process Reliable?
http://webtrickz.com/guide-to-updat...oid-4-0-4-and-get-future-updates-from-google/
- - - Updated - - -

Someone knows how to use NFC in the phone? Is NFC only allowed between phones of the same operating system? How is Android Beam different?

Congrats! Where did you buy it from in Hyderabad?
And yeah it all looks a bit confusing in the beginning with the Yakju/ Makju/ Maguro/ Toro and other stuff flying around. Follow the link that Yash gave you. Also go here and download the toolkit. Most probably you'll be on 4.0.4 yakju. Using this toolkit Unlock + root your phone. Its a one click process. Do that right away or you'll have to take a lot of backup. Follow the steps in the link provided by Yash.

Go to the factory images page of google and download the 4.1.1 factory image or the toolkit also offers a method to download the images. Then just perform dry runs and youtube. You will easily get a hang of it. Only when you are sure, proceed with the flashing. Unlock+ root can be performed easily.

Note : Download ADB drivers through the toolkit first and foremost.

Bought it from FAIZUL at Jagdish Market. It's new Sealed Piece.

Would you recommend below link to convert my phone from YAKJUXW to YAKJU? Is the following process Reliable?
Guide to Update Galaxy Nexus (YAKJUXW) to Android 4.0.4 YAKJU and Get future Updates from Google
- - - Updated - - -

Bought it from FAIZUL at Jagdish Market. It's new Sealed Piece.

The toolkit does all of that without the hassle. Anyhow, if you want to learn and go the long way then you can follow that link. I chose the toolkit as it offered everything in a neat UI and did it for me by just pressing a few buttons.

Did you get any seller/dealer warranty of some kind?

The toolkit does all of that without the hassle. Anyhow, if you want to learn and go the long way then you can follow that link. I chose the toolkit as it offered everything in a neat UI and did it for me by just pressing a few buttons.

Did you get any seller/dealer warranty of some kind?

Yes I got the dealer Warranty. Bro, does Using the Toolkit backup saves the data? Can i Restore the the backup data using the tool kit?

Yes I got the dealer Warranty. Bro, does Using the Toolkit backup and save the data? Can i Restore the the backup data using the tool kit?

Yes,there is an option to backup and restore your phone using the toolkit
You can try it out,I personally haven't used it so i really can't comment on it

But,It has various options for you to select from as far as the type of backup is concern
Just go with the option you want,I would suggest Nandroid backup

Just started nandroid back up using Toolkit and the device seems to be at the start of FASTBOOT MODE and nothing happened. After that I had to remove the the battery and Switched it ON to make the phone back into Normal Mode and now everything seems OK and nothing wrong with the working.

Back