The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

Just started nandroid back up using Toolkit and the device seems to be struck in fastboot mode and nothing seems happening. help me

All operations from the Toolkit will be performed in fastboot and not in the main phone mode ??
Look at the Toolkit,what is it telling you ??

Its just taking a backup so no need to worry,your phone won't get bricked :p

Just started nandroid back up using Toolkit and the device seems to be at the start of FASTBOOT MODE and nothing happened. After that I had to remove the the battery and Switched it ON to make the phone back into Normal Mode and now everything seems OK and nothing wrong with the working.

I think for performing a Nandroid you need to unlock+root first. Just follow the instructions! The developer has given clear cut instructions on each page. I would suggest select the appropriate build of your phone (that could be the problem) and perform the 1 click for all unlock+root. That is why I prefer rooting right away after getting the phone else there is lots to back up. And yes, backing up takes time. Perform dry runs too.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I got the dealer Warranty. Bro, does Using the Toolkit backup saves the data? Can i Restore the the backup data using the tool kit?

Still if you want to backup without rooting and unlocking, go to the toolkit and select option 2 and follow the instructions. Don't perform a Nandroid if its not rooted (it won't allow anyhow). The toolkit then backs up the data and stores it in the "Backups" Folder of the toolkit installation directory. It has a .bak extension. Post to that you can safely proceed to 1 click unlock+root. Also do not put any encyption password for your backup. I forgot that and was in some trouble :p

Wow..really nice innovation. After watching your thread I cant wait myself to buy a galaxy nexus. I already put my order in. Finally I can get back on the nexus line :):yahoo:

Just started nandroid back up using Toolkit and the device seems to be at the start of FASTBOOT MODE and nothing happened. After that I had to remove the the battery and Switched it ON to make the phone back into Normal Mode and now everything seems OK and nothing wrong with the working.

You need to put the device in fastboot mode (manually) and select the option in the toolkit that says "Perfoem all"
Also few things worth noting while using that toolkit

-Make sure battery is above 70 percent
-Remember to install the CORRECT drivers for the phone (the toolkit option to install drivers), check your build/model no. if you go wrong you may end up weeping in the corner. If you go wrong, uninstall all the drivers and do a pc reboot, start again
-Always make a backup on a gmail account for your contacts

[Google Nexus 7 TOOLKIT V2.0.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash + MUCH MORE - xda-developers Read carefully so you can unleash hell with your phone.

Bought a white GNex yesterday.. Came with ICS on board with no update to JB available.. Booted to fastboot and installed JB thanks to the guys at xda.. Phone is just awesome, no wonder Samsung is not selling it officially in India.. :)

Bought a white GNex yesterday.. Came with ICS on board with no update to JB available.. Booted to fastboot and installed JB thanks to the guys at xda.. Phone is just awesome, no wonder Samsung is not selling it officially in India.. :)

Stock ROM is too bad imo, but some people love it. Install 'Easy Battery Saver' and put it on Intelligent mode else your battery will suffer from loose motions. If you wish to try custom ROMs, use Xenon HD or Paranoidandroid.

Thanks.. Now on Xenon HD ROM :)

Stock ROM is too bad imo, but some people love it. Install 'Easy Battery Saver' and put it on Intelligent mode else your battery will suffer from loose motions. If you wish to try custom ROMs, use Xenon HD or Paranoidandroid.

But trust me, Xenon HD + Nexus = Awesome phone.

In what sense? I am on Liquidsmooth 1.5 and I love the navigation bar customization they offer. Check this out -

Screenshot_2012-09-09-00-51-45.jpg

Hello friends, A friend of mine is offering me a nexus which he bought from US in feb12. What should be the reasonable price I should bargain for?? He says the condition is mint.. He offers it to me for 15k.. Can i go for it?? Please advice..

TY

I got Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OTA update for my Galaxy Nexus I9250 today.:yahoo:

I had bought my GNexus in Mumbai a fortnight back and had automatically updated to ICS 4.0.4 OTA on home WiFi.

Todays update was a surprise, but It happened when I was attending Google G-Day Function in Mumbai and using their free WiFi.

Was it a coincidence and Jelly Bean upgrade is now available to GNexus in India or was I lucky to attend and get the upgrade?

Can someone clarify ?

I got Jelly Bean 4.1.1 OTA update for my Galaxy Nexus I9250 today.:yahoo:

I had bought my GNexus in Mumbai a fortnight back and had automatically updated to ICS 4.0.4 OTA on home WiFi.

Todays update was a surprise, but It happened when I was attending Google G-Day Function in Mumbai and using their free WiFi.

Was it a coincidence and Jelly Bean upgrade is now available to GNexus in India or was I lucky to attend and get the upgrade?

Can someone clarify ?

Haha, I think it was just a coincidence, sounds funny if google pushed JB OTA update only for GDay attendees. BTW how was the GDay Mumbai? Did you win mugs?

Hello friends, A friend of mine is offering me a nexus which he bought from US in feb12. What should be the reasonable price I should bargain for?? He says the condition is mint.. He offers it to me for 15k.. Can i go for it?? Please advice..

TY

15k for a 6 month old phone is a fair price, check the phone for any screen issues such as the purple tint or black spots on the screen.

Haha, I think it was just a coincidence, sounds funny if google pushed JB OTA update only for GDay attendees. BTW how was the GDay Mumbai? Did you win mugs?

Has anyone else got the upgrade ?

Yes, I got the Google Mug. And a Tee shirt to all. It was fun but arrangements were rather spartan (I have also attended similar events by Adobe, Amazon, MS, Symantec etc.)

Two best roms for GNex as of now

1). XenonHD vXII - Prefect Rom without any issues, great battery life
2). CNA 3.5.0 - Another superb rom with lot more customization and features compared to XenonHD, but battery life is average.

dont know why Cyanogen 10 hasn't impressed me much this time when compared to CM9...

TY

If you don't get that I will!

Guys i am on XenonHD vXIII and some flv/mp4 videos downloaded from youtube fails to play on mx player. I even tried mobo player, diceplayer,V player and some other players too. I am downloading youtube videos directly in the phone. My samsung galaxy s plays the same videos perfectly. Any solutions?

Back