The Samsung Google Galaxy Nexus Thread.

what is takju and yakju?

As you already know that GNex has various versions including international gsm(Yakju) ,us only gsm(Takju), cdma + lte(Mysid) etc

• Takju models is available from the google play store and it includes google wallet also
  • Yakju is the international version of the GNex which does not have google wallet

Other are Yakjux which is sold by samsung and all the android updates are provided and given by samsung itself, but yakju and takju android updates are handled by google. So these will get updates early as comparison to the earlier

4.2.1 update has started rolling out to Nexus 4, 7 and 10 devices. Shouldn't be long before we GNex users get the update. It's a pretty small update that contains the fix for the missing December month issue.

Hey guys, I have a question. Now with Nexus 4 out and all, what do you think the price of GNex in india will be? I'm talking about prices on EBay/Grey Market in about a month or so.

I'm asking because I've 20k to spend and Nexus 4 in india won't be available for anything less than 25k so I'm thinking I'll go for a Galaxy Nexus itself.

Hey guys, I have a question. Now with Nexus 4 out and all, what do you think the price of GNex in india will be? I'm talking about prices on EBay/Grey Market in about a month or so.

I'm asking because I've 20k to spend and Nexus 4 in india won't be available for anything less than 25k so I'm thinking I'll go for a Galaxy Nexus itself.

You can get Galaxy Nexus easily for sub 20k if you wait just a little bit... Already Galaxy Nexus price is dropping and upon official release of Nexus 4 in India, it is bound to go down....

Other method is to put the phone in airplane mode, clear cache from google services framework, connect wifi and then check for update. Worked this way for some people.

You can force check update by clearing cache from google partner setup and google services framework.
Tried this multiple times since yesterday, still no update.

Other method is to put the phone in airplane mode, clear cache from google services framework, connect wifi and then check for update. Worked this way for some people.
Am at work so no Wi-Fi network available. Will try this at home.

Tried this multiple times since yesterday, still no update.

It can take a maximum of 7 times ,

I have just updated to 4.2.1 JB december patch using this trick only if you can't get the update then also do try deleting framework data and stop service in airplane mode and then recheck for update in normal mode

It can take a maximum of 7 times ,

I have just updated to 4.1.2 JB december patch using this trick only if you can't get the update then also do try deleting framework data and stop service in airplane mode and then recheck for update in normal mode
Tried thrice continuously and finally got the update. Thanks.

Hey GNex users, what's currently the best custom ROM based on 4.2.1 for the GNex? I did some research on XDA and apparently Paranoid Android is the most stable one with only one issue (Gtalk crashes on video chat) and that seems to be resolvable with the help of alternate GAPPS package. What about the others like Liquid Smooth or Codename Android? I'm an S2 user but my friend has recently bought the GNex and wants to try out custom ROMs. Thanks in advance :)

Hey GNex users, what's currently the best custom ROM based on 4.2.1 for the GNex? I did some research on XDA and apparently Paranoid Android is the most stable one with only one issue (Gtalk crashes on video chat) and that seems to be resolvable with the help of alternate GAPPS package. What about the others like Liquid Smooth or Codename Android? I'm an S2 user but my friend has recently bought the GNex and wants to try out custom ROMs. Thanks in advance :)

Well,there are quite some custom ROM's out for 4.2.1
You can either try PA or XenonHD (RC Stages),I'm on ARHD 8.0 which is Android 4.2 and it's rock solid :)

Well,there are quite some custom ROM's out for 4.2.1
You can either try PA or XenonHD (RC Stages),I'm on ARHD 8.0 which is Android 4.2 and it's rock solid :)

Thanks, Yash.
Doesn't 4.2 have the December calendar bug which was taken care of in 4.2.1? Are there any AOKP based ROMs as they are what I personally prefer on my S2, Blade and Nook Color due to their vast customisation options. The AOKP site was hacked recently due to which they haven't released any new builds since the past 2 odd weeks.

I've been using Xylon (formerly FnV) and it's running rock solid. Xylon with Franco's kernel and the Nexus literally flies! And I still get around 24 hours of battery life too.

Back