The Symbian Thread

I have tried irRemote but it never worked with ne of the TV's i have at my home.
even checked at my aunts & cousins place.

Nice info about the softwares for S60 Mobiles

Here are some more to add to this growing list:

Gnubox: Allows you to set your PC-phone bluetooth connection as an access point for the phone...However, it is not a very user friendly process....for those who are interested, here is a how to:

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/accessing-internet-symbian-phone-over-bluetooth-10209.html

Netfront

The best browser for symmbian phones IMHO

It can read and correctly render regular HTML pages over the precious little real estate of ur phone screen and even supports secure connections.....no need to get limited to only wap sites any longer.....

I got my new s60 nokia 7610 :) and billionton bluetooth USB adapter for PC. Nice thread with good links thank you :)

thanks kumar for that putty, webserver links kewl :)

Regards.

Very Nice tips.....I'm a n00b to symbian and only new 1 tip out of thos which I stumbled on by mistake.....have a 6630 symbian and going for a SE990i in lieu of my blkbry....

Hitman said:
Comprehensive list of symbian tricks/tutorials HERE, very useful for nOObies :)

Hi i am a n00b in Nokia mobiles....guess was using Sony till this time....just bought 6630.

Any links, since the above does not have the info as intended, where i can start with the Symbian stuff, what all is good for installation and how to's etc etc...

Thanks!
Danny.

^^Um...looks like they've made that thread only for registered users only, but i can assure you it has the all the information u need to get started with u'r new nokia mobile :) .
So i'll ask you to register urself there, in case u haven't done that already, and before you do that, don't forget to click on that english button with union jack, or else u would see the page in serbian.

learnt many things from this post...coolllllllllllllll.one thing is important....get ur IMEI and write it...u may need it...when ur mob gets stolen.

kumar said:
Ill add more reviews and guides as and when i get the time.It took 1hr to write this.So more to come.
Which would be the best FREE MP3 player for my N70 & 6630? Nice contribution Kumar keep it up repping you..:D

Freeware Mp3 players aren't that many and good for Symbians. these are shareware and they are the best mp3 players for Symbians -

1. PowerMp3
2. Viking Informatics Mp3 Player/AAC Player
3. WMAplus
4. OGGplay (has problesm runnig on N70 though)

params7 said:
Freeware Mp3 players aren't that many and good for Symbians. these are shareware and they are the best mp3 players for Symbians -

1. PowerMp3
2. Viking Informatics Mp3 Player/AAC Player
3. WMAplus
4. OGGplay (has problesm runnig on N70 though)
I got powerMP3... good though the PL doesn't allow more than 3 songs.. damn..:mad:
Thanks for the info ;)

hey guys, nice thread. i m a symbian junkie here, any questions r welcome. i m a pro even for SE phones.

now, someone mentioned that to transfer protected files one can rename the extention to .mp3 or sumthing else. it works, but you will have to remember the original extention.

A better way is to add any symbol (eg. $ or &) at the end of the filename (eg. overdrive.sis&) and it will go via bluetooth.

someone mentioned forward, its good but if your messages are stored in phone memory it wont help. anoter alternative is to go to mails in fileman and transfer the file.

also, fileman is much better than FExplorer. its also more stable.

I use Ultra Mp3 for my Ngage QD, not a freeware though. Its quite good and menu navigation, changing playlist and skins is very simple in this one.

If it was not for atleast Ultramp3, I guess my nGage would be of no better use than lying in a trash bin.

Best freeware I used on this nGage happens to be Fexplorer and Forward (which works as a alternative for Fexplorer).

powermp3 gives awesome sound for ogg files.. its my favourite app on my N90.. plus SMS counter which shows u recieved and sent sms of all ur contacts for a certain period of days

Re: Useful Software for your Symbian S60 Phone

these r very low software u given for 6600. there r lot if u want mail me.... i have a lot

stuffed more than a cd

Re: Tips and tricks to Symbian phone...

For CDMA nokia phone *3001#12345# u can see ur security lock code & evey thing u wants to change in ur phone u can do ur own risk :tsucks:

Back