The Windows Phone 7 thread

I bought my Samsung Focus brand new in Canada, paid around $325 with taxes I think, which is equivalent to Rs.15,000. So I would say that HD7 for Rs.13k is possible.

5691843313_8c4530b262_z.jpg

Guys, Is there any free method we can do sim unlock on tmobile hd7 to use in indian networks? All the unlock providers asking around 25$ :(:mad:

Not a expert. Here but what I know is this.you can put unlock code thrice only.

If it works, you are lucky but you screw up, after third try, you are in trouble and you have to send it back to company.

So instead spend 25 and get unlock code and be done with it.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT& T

hm... Thanks for your advice... there is lot of sites offering unlocking service from 15$ to 40$ and not sure which is genuine :( Anyone did recently for any HTC devices?

I've got HD7(T-Mo) and unlocked by paying 20$(cellunlock.net) :( Also i've updated to mango build(7661), but battery life seems to be very worst. Is it in general WP7 issue or mango issue?

A recent convert to WP7. I now own a Focus and Optimus 7 (Show Off pending :p).
Currently both running Mango Beta 2 (7712).

Things that I liked so far (impressions based on Mango Beta 2) -
- UI is silky smooth.
- Email client is THE best I have used so far
- On-screen Keyboard is one of the best (I liked it more than my iPod Touch 4G keyboard)
- Facebook Chat integration in Messaging is cool
- Twitter and Linkedin integration in People Hub is also great
- IE 9 is faster and pleasure to use
- Bing vision is awesome

Things that can be improved -
- No good messaging solution for GTalk
- No Skype integration in Mango
- When app list gets bigger, scrolling becomes irritating (not in terms of hardware performance. its still buttery smooth). And there is search and chose by letter options...but some form of categorization/folders would have been better

Focus vs. Optimus 7
- Focus has awesome 4" SAMOLED..looks way better than Optimus 7's 3.8" TFT LCD
- Focus build quality is strictly OK. Optimus 7 can destroy Focus w/o getting a scratch. Build quality is top notch.
- Focus is lighter and a bit slimmer
- Focus's screen is extra sensitive. Optimus 7 screen sensitivity is perfectly balanced

After spending an hour with Focus I am totally disappointed with WP7. Maybe 7.5 will fix that but for now its better to stay away from the OS.

Renegade said:
After spending an hour with Focus I am totally disappointed with WP7. Maybe 7.5 will fix that but for now its better to stay away from the OS.

Was it due to UI / lack of some particular apps and games / lack of some core features?

I have used Mango for about a week now. And though the OS is still far from being complete, I liked it coz it performs the tasks that I do 80% of the time (email/browsing/normal calls/music) very well and so I can live with the remaining imperfections (considering the fact that I got Focus for ~10k)

^^^ True for the price and the usage you get out of it makes it a good buy and lets you overlook small imperfections.

Do you think Mango Update has the following:

1) Ability to add custom ringtones?

2) Also option to add wallpaper to the main screen instead of choosing only black or white background?

After struggling with the phone for 4+ hours I cannot begin to list down its demerits. The hardware is top notch and so is the GUI but the basics are missing. Anyone who is used to Android or iOS should stay miles away from this OS. I feel it can only be enjoyed by someone who has upgraded from Nokia 2112 kinda device.

Exchange support - pathetic (does not work)

Market access - not available in India

Bluetooth file transfer - not available

Mounting via USB to tranfer files - not available

WiFi tethering - not available

Applications - Well you know they are not there so not much surprise there

I am sure I will get to know more as I keep using it.

Don't get me wrong. I will try my best to eck out with the demerits too because I party knew what I was getting into but right now I cannot put down my HTC Legend for good.

^^^^ My dad is able to access marketplace here in India using WiFi or 3G with his HD7. Even I downloaded some apps for him. So can you elaborate on what you mean by no market access in India? Maybe I am reading it wrong

"Marketplace is not available for your country"

Anyway I created a US account but the point is that it does not work the way it should. Using workarounds is not very pleasing.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

"Marketplace is not available for your country"

Anyway I created a US account but the point is that it does not work the way it should. Using workarounds is not very pleasing.

Back