The Windows Phone 7 thread

What is a clean ROM ??
54645.gif

Clean Rom is the name of a custom rom.
<

a bit noob question but whats the difference between mango and tango?

Mango = WP 7.5 (most handsets are at this update level)

Tango = WP7.5 update - apparently rolled out in china, so should be coming to other regions soon enough, this is a minor update, no earth-shattering functionalities are expected to be added.

^^Yes that will help to keep the phone from wear n tear. I have the same phone and it never slips out of my hand. So a case to withstand phone-falls can be avoided IMO.

Guys, the Windows Marketplace is showing zilch(blank) since morning on my Lumia. Also, there is this annoying Airtel bar above and below the browser(IE) since last night. Anyone facing similar issues? Or have i successfully managed to screw-up the ohh-so closed OS.

Afaik its been 2-3 years of Windows Phone. If you see how much Android / iOS evolved in 2-3 years.

Developers are restrcited unlike open source in androids. Yes the ios is a different thing when it comes to popularity. I too wish that windows phone evolves, and it's fate not turning up like the ever so (Was) functional symbian.

I personally dont find anything wrong with the core functionality of my omnia w. These restrictions dont really matter to me. And when i tell my friends that this phone costs just 14.5k they are like OMG i want one too :devil:

you need phone to show rather than use.
Lol i have an iphone 4 for that. What i meant was the phone is so good no one believes its price. 3 of my friends already bought it. And the back of this phone is plane ugly not a good phone for showing off (in terms of looks)

One thing I have noticed many people complaining about is the lack of an option to save contact from Call History list; even mentioned in the list above. Simply press on the received no, a new screen opens with a save icon at the bottom.. why don't people research before posting..

Also, everyone has their own parameters for what they expect in a smartphone. I wanted good e-mail support, inbuilt chat of some kind without the need of opening an app and a beautiful, smooth clutter free UI. I got all of these with inbuilt wireless tethering. Of course, I am happy without apps but that is one area where MS can really improve.

As for the damn list, there is a list like this for each and every OS. I'm not defending Win Phone 7.. they do have a long way to go. But the weird part is that people who are comparing and saying that these features were also present in Symbian are most probably not even using a Symbian as their main OS.

Sms coming from a person sometimes start getting saved in a different thread than the one it was using before. Anyone else having this problem? The number is same.

Back