The Windows Phone 7 thread

Guys which WP 7.5 phone would you recommend me in 14k ?

Open to buying phones through SNS

Aguntak is selling a Lumia 800 for 16.3, pick that up.

I would suggest to go for the Focus only though, as its the only phone apart from the Dell to which a micro SD card can be added. 8GB is not ennuff, IMO.

Aguntak is selling a Lumia 800 for 16.3, pick that up.

I would suggest to go for the Focus only though, as its the only phone apart from the Dell to which a micro SD card can be added. 8GB is not ennuff, IMO.
I can increase it max to 15k . I might pick up Nokia Lumia 710 . This one is for my dad . Even 2 GB is enough for him .

Either get the Focus or wait for Windows Phone 8 phones to arrive. Because any of the current gen phones won't be upgradable to next version

I need a phone for him within 15 days . Windows 8 will take at least 2 -3 Months to come in the market . I
Have to buy a phone for myself too . I might pickup the HTC Rezound or vivid if i can't wait for WP 8 .

I can increase it max to 15k . I might pick up Nokia Lumia 710 . This one is for my dad . Even 2 GB is enough for him .

Just out of curiousity, why not spring for a iPhone 3GS? Anyways, if not an Apple fan, would suggest to go for the Focus or a omnia W, used. Dont see the point in spending around 14k fr a 710.

I have an Omnia W,While trying to update the phone to the latest Update i constantly get the
801812C1 Error.I tried the Solution given in Knowledge base article and it didn't work.

Any Suggestions?

Just out of curiousity, why not spring for a iPhone 3GS? Anyways, if not an Apple fan, would suggest to go for the Focus or a omnia W, used. Dont see the point in spending around 14k fr a 710.

Regarding iPhone 3GS , it doesn't has a good screen . Besides i wont use it on Aircel . And for the Lumia 710 ,It might not make sense at 14k , It is going to get a price cut in the next month for sure . It does make's good sense if i am getting it for 13 k, It has a Nice and big display , and apps that he needs , I dont care if it wont get updated , WP8 might be ported to it . At least I hope . Rarely android phones get updated in this range at least officially . Right now i am getting it for 13.5k locally . Will pull the trigger as soon as the price touches 13k .

Regarding iPhone 3GS , it doesn't has a good screen . Besides i wont use it on Aircel . And for the Lumia 710 ,It might not make sense at 14k , It is going to get a price cut in the next month for sure . It does make's good sense if i am getting it for 13 k, It has a Nice and big display , and apps that he needs , I dont care if it wont get updated , WP8 might be ported to it . At least I hope . Rarely android phones get updated in this range at least officially . Right now i am getting it for 13.5k locally . Will pull the trigger as soon as the price touches 13k .

I dont think it makes sense at any point above 11k. Just my 2 cents.

As for back porting back to existing WP devices, that may not be that simple since WP8 is going to be based on a dual core platform. So performance may take a hit, and WP may be optimised for running on dual cores. But then, we need to wait and watch :)

Guys which WP 7.5 phone would you recommend me in 14k ?

Open to buying phones through SNS

Get the Lumia 710 for your dad, the marketplace has more than 100k apps and the devs wont abandon the millions of existing customers as WP7 apps will work on both WP7 and WP8 phones, i am also planning to get a lumia 610 for my mom.

I have an Omnia W,While trying to update the phone to the latest Update i constantly get the
801812C1 Error.I tried the Solution given in Knowledge base article and it didn't work.

Any Suggestions?

try it through cab sender, you don't need your phone unlocked to do that.

guys plz help me out !
I have samsung focus att unlocked version 1.3. I have installed a8 gb mmc on it and there is no issue as such.
But But But i am not able to connect to internet via data/cellular connection. I have to restart my fone to use the net everytime. Plz suggest me a fix fr this.

I have Samsung Focus. For past few days it was getting restarted randomly. Sometime during boot, it gets stuck at Samsung logo. So suspecting fault SD card, I removed it and did a hard reset. But problem still persisted. After that I did a fresh install using Retail ROM, so now I am on 7004 but problem is still there.
So I want to know if its a hardware problem? If yes, then what to do now? As it was network unlocked to use in India, will AT&T accept it if I somehow send it back via some friend/relative?

I think a lot of users in this forum are using samsung focus...want to try out the win 7.5 mobile...Currently an android user.Have some queries
1.Does Zune have sound EQ??Or any other music player which supports it?
2.Do all notification sounds like sms,calls,media,alarms have common sound levels?Can it be changed individually?
3.Any specific brand or card class required to work with samsung focus?
4.How is battery life of samsung focus?
5.Any other way to transfer files to the mobile except zune?

I think a lot of users in this forum are using samsung focus...want to try out the win 7.5 mobile...Currently an android user.Have some queries
1.Does Zune have sound EQ??Or any other music player which supports it?
2.Do all notification sounds like sms,calls,media,alarms have common sound levels?Can it be changed individually?
3.Any specific brand or card class required to work with samsung focus?
4.How is battery life of samsung focus?
5.Any other way to transfer files to the mobile except zune?

1. NO
2. Sound levels are same. Even for Media and Ringtone. All have same.
3. no idea
4. no idea.
5. NO

Back