The Windows Phone 7 thread

I have Samsung Focus. For past few days it was getting restarted randomly. Sometime during boot, it gets stuck at Samsung logo. So suspecting fault SD card, I removed it and did a hard reset. But problem still persisted. After that I did a fresh install using Retail ROM, so now I am on 7004 but problem is still there.
So I want to know if its a hardware problem? If yes, then what to do now? As it was network unlocked to use in India, will AT&T accept it if I somehow send it back via some friend/relative?

I had asked my query in the above post, but got no reply for it. Thinking no one faced hardware issues with Focus :)
So I now have another similar query. I am from Pune, does any one know a place where I can try to repair it? Will Samsung Service Center try to repair it for a fee (obviously no warranty is applicable in India)?

@sandeepk, forget repairing for free, they are not going to touch the phone - not because there is no warranty, but because this is a model that they aren't aware of.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I know that I cannot claim warranty for it. I am not expecting them to do it for free, but with a fee i.e. repairing charges :).
It is similar (but not exactly same) to Omnia W, so they may have some knowledge about it. Will they do it is my question? Or should I go to a local mobile repair shop?

I think a lot of users in this forum are using samsung focus...want to try out the win 7.5 mobile...Currently an android user.Have some queries
1.Does Zune have sound EQ??Or any other music player which supports it?
2.Do all notification sounds like sms,calls,media,alarms have common sound levels?Can it be changed individually?
3.Any specific brand or card class required to work with samsung focus?
4.How is battery life of samsung focus?
5.Any other way to transfer files to the mobile except zune?

3. There are threads in XDA and wpcentral, which has this discussion. I have transcend 8GB working flawlessly
4. Morning to late night or early morning next day, before you hit the battery saver mode. I got the anker battery, which lasts for 1.5 days easily.
5. e-Mail, SkyDrive.
@sandeepk: try flashing with a custom ROM based on Tango and check if it still behaves the same.

Is there a way to save mp3 files from the internet?
If i click on a direct mp3 link in IE on WP 7.5 ,it starts up the music player:(

I can increase it max to 15k . I might pick up Nokia Lumia 710 . This one is for my dad . Even 2 GB is enough for him .

I need a phone for him within 15 days . Windows 8 will take at least 2 -3 Months to come in the market . I
Have to buy a phone for myself too . I might pickup the HTC Rezound or vivid if i can't wait for WP 8 .

Dude, I bought this phone for my dad, and he is pretty happy, the main gripe he has with it is the really tiny font of number in the contacts, its quite hard even for me to read at times, so you might wanna consider that, battery is poor, but thats the case with most smartphones.

I am not sure if the next update will solve this issue, but its best to take him to a croma or reliance digital and take a look at the phone first hand.

I don't think debit card works.. you need a credit card, am pretty sure.
@xtech: use easyring & music, it will let you download the file.

omnia w tango users , whats your firmware version?

You got the Marketplace error because your primary live ID location(region/country) and phone location(region/country) do NOT match. You will have to perform a hard reset and make a Live ID with location of your device. There's a software called ID switcher for unlocked phones to get around this problem.

Firmware version for Samsung Omnia W running Tango/Refresh:
OS version: 7.10.8773.98
Firmware version:2424.12.04.3

- - - Updated - - -

And yes you can use Debit cards as well as credit cards.

Sorry for the double post

Hey can someone confirm if wifi tethering works on Focus ? I needed a wireless hotspot primarily and without confirming that thing, I bought the focus. Now I am confused. On checking I found that there are ways to turn it on (that sounded rather greek to me) and people were able to use it but some user comments suggested that in India they were unable to do it.Anyone using their focus as a wifi hotspot ? Kindly comment/assist.

Hey can someone confirm if wifi tethering works on Focus ? I needed a wireless hotspot primarily and without confirming that thing, I bought the focus. Now I am confused. On checking I found that there are ways to turn it on (that sounded rather greek to me) and people were able to use it but some user comments suggested that in India they were unable to do it.Anyone using their focus as a wifi hotspot ? Kindly comment/assist.

I had focus and used it as a wifi hotspot fr ample of times. no prblm wtsoever.

Back