The Witcher 3 - Discussion Thread

Haven't done the wither contracts except the Griffin. Going after Jenny of the woods now. Heard its pretty hard. These contracts are more or less boss fights.

Which difficulty are you guys playing in? I am playing in hard mode. Doesn't seem that hard to me. Should have played in death march maybe.

Gah, I had to go off for a couple weeks, and now it's sold out online. Maybe I can get it from a retailer.

Yea probably try the local b&m stores.

Haven't done the wither contracts except the Griffin. Going after Jenny of the woods now. Heard its pretty hard. These contracts are more or less boss fights.

Which difficulty are you guys playing in? I am playing in hard mode. Doesn't seem that hard to me. Should have played in death march maybe.

I am playing 'blood and broken bones', well it is challenging in certain situations, like when the ghould/nekkers attack you in a group. How did you find the Griffin fight, I had to play it mulitple times!!

Take a look at the stats when in your inventory, shows me close to 4 days! But GOG shows close to 14 hours, I think its closer to 20, cause it doesnt track if the computer crashed while playing.

Yea any idea what that time is referring to? I just checked mine and its showing 9 Days and 13 Hours. Obviously, I have not played for 9 days worth of time.

I'm playing in the 2nd difficulty and I find it pretty hard already. I can manage the normal trash mobs using combinations of bombs, signs and potions. Bombs seem really powerful against groups. But the witcher contracts are quite tough. Jenny of the woods gave me a LOT of trouble. Shreiker was ok. Foglet is crazy. I was lvl10 vs lvl12 foglet boss. Two direct shots from him and I died. But, axii works very well against him. Bombs not so much.

Gettting wacked by the Shreiker right now...think I should go on with other quests and come back later....how do you get the mutigens...have only the green one open now.

Yea probably try the local b&m stores.

I am playing 'blood and broken bones', well it is challenging in certain situations, like when the ghould/nekkers attack you in a group. How did you find the Griffin fight, I had to play it mulitple times!!
Finished it in 1 shot. Wasn't that hard. Quen, 2 slashes, roll and crossbow. Works everywhere. I actually hated those drowners and wolves in the early stages. [DOUBLEPOST=1433157014][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gettting wacked by the Shreiker right now...think I should go on with other quests and come back later....how do you get the mutigens...have only the green one open now.
Mutagens drop when you kill nekkers and endregas i think. I have already crafted greater blue and greater green mutagens. I have one red one. Dropped when i killed a werewolf in that witches of the bog quest.

For me Shreiker was relatively ok. For mutagens, kill nekkers. You will find lots of them. Green and blue seem very common. Red is quite rare. Maybe some other monster drops it more commonly. Also, you can put any color mutagen in the mutagen slot. No restriction with that. But to maximise the benefits, make sure you match the skills of same color.

BTW, anyone planning on getting the Expansion Pass? $25 seems a bit pricy. But, I am also really eager to see Toussaint. Its description in the books is pretty amazing and would love to see it.

Keep this in mind if you bought the boxed copy: "The boxed PC version of the game is compatible only with the Expansion Pass sold on GOG.com"

Last edited:
^^ Keep a look out on Amazon. Amazon is getting it in stock very week and they are allowing orders 5 days before it comes in stock again.

I got it after it released in a similar manner when it was out of stock.

BTW, does anyone else think the game is much much better to look at with the vignette post processing filter switched off. Didn't think that sort of retro effect added anything to the experience.

Its still available on Amazon but then the price is like 50% more than what it was earlier. I was waiting for some discounts (wanted to get it for the PS4) and it looks like it'll be a long wait for me.

Stock Coming Soon- Shipment Starts on 20th June.

I am too eager to try it out. Will see if I can get it from somewhere, earlier than that or I'll place the order with them.

Oh ok I did not see that part. I mean, if you are in a hurry, you can always get it from piratebay for now. That is also GoG copy only. Anyway you are planning to buy it. So shouldnt be a big deal.

Keep looking in Amazon. It becomes available for 1.5k for very short periods before selling out again.[DOUBLEPOST=1433528212][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally snagged a copy from Amazon. Should be here next week.

Last edited:
Such a gorgeous game.

JLYhmjK.gif

Back