Thermalright Heatsink Mass Order Thread

@Anish-Four for the fan and we need an extra cable tie to tie it up to the chassis crossbeam!!:rofl: :rofl:
You saw that leaning tower!!:mad:
My Dirty yellow colured ASUS PCB will yield too easily!!:mad: :mad:
So maybe the XP or SI are safer and hence wiser option!!:huh: :ashamed: :cool2:

@sunny-
that was a joke!!:cool2:
referring to Eazy's post- Leaning tower of thermalright!!:rofl: :rofl:
Had seen that FAQ earlier and hence said 4 ties for the fan and one to reduce cantilever stress on the mobo by suspending it from Chassis crossbeam-:rofl: :rofl:
Anish and me got SLK3700AMB cabbies!!:p

BIKeINSTEIN said:
You saw that leaning tower!!

About that picture - came across this post by the author of the review at SPCR.....

A word about the photo that seemed to show the HS sagging horizontally off the vertical motherboard:

It wasn't sagging.

The motherboard itself isn't always bolted tightly to the wooden platform; usually there's only 2-3 screws holding it down, it's all that's needed because usually it's sitting flat on the platform, horizontal.

What you're seeing is the board itself pulled a bit away from the wood platform on that side, which makes the HS look as if it was sagging. If you follow the line of the PCB (motherboard) from the top edge downward, you'll see that it is not parallel to the wooden platform; there is a gap at the top and much less gap as you move down. This is probably because there was a holding screw in the middle of the motherboard and maybe one at the other end, but not at the top end. (There is enough tension in HS mounting clips that there's no way it could pull away from the CPU, and the HS is far too rigid to bend.)

We should have anticipated the reaction of readers & put in an explanation near the photo.... must do in the morn.

BTW, there is not ONE single heatsink ever tested on any SPCR test platform (in nearly 4 years) that can be run fanlessly under long term CPU load. Convection alone -- on the test bench -- just can't do it; all of these "passive, fanless" HS depend on the peripheral flow from other fans in a system... unless you are dealing with a very low power CPU -- like a Pentium M, Turion, earlier P3s, etc. -- in a very well ventilated, convection-optimized case/system.

View full thread here...
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewtopic.php?t=27831

@Eazy-
Thank you for that Clarification!! But it still looks too big and TOO tall!!
I think i will stick to choosing between XP120/ SI120 or TT BT!!
That Fan is kinda reassuring!!:p
Cabby airflow is very important but not critical for actively cooled cpu, i guess!!:S :ashamed:

XP fits my ASUS mobo well but may decide for SI as it is designed for compatibility with even more mobo models!!:S :ashamed:
So, If i change mobo later, XP might not be compatible and SI might!!
Will check mobo compatibility chart for both!!:cool2:
And you'll know, what the future mobo might be!!;) :eek:hyeah:

Me got SLK3700AMB cabby, tricool 120 exhaust and 1600rpm antec that comes @exhaust, shifted to intake, that maybe replaced by tricool if necessary- will depend on Temps in Mumbai summer!!
May fit a fan on side panel for the superhot BIG6600GT, if necessary- will depend on Temps in Mumbai summer!!

Got the Estimate for goods ordered.
Am not posting thumbnail..but linking complete image here.

sidewinder12qp.jpg

EDIT: see the shipping options given
We have a few shipping methods to offer. You can see the actual rates at http://ircalc.usps.gov

The first is Global Express Mail, the more expensive option. It is insured automatically up to 100$, trackable, and usually arrives in 3-5 business days. Also we can offer airmail letter post, or airmail parcel post.

Airmail Letter post is used for under 4 pound packages, it can NOT be insured, is NOT trackable, but is the cheapest form typically.

Airmail Parcel Post is the same service as letter post, but can be insured for an additional amount. Insurance starts at $1.85 for the first 50 dollars of insurance. Airmail Parcel Post packages must weigh at least 1 pound.

Your estimate is attached. Please note the method of shipping we have quoted you. You may change the shipping type to your preferred method by simply replying to this email.

We do not accept credit cards for international orders with the exception of a verifiable American Express card. (see below) We prefer payment via paypal (http://www.paypal.com), but we also accept money order/cashiers check as well as wire transfer.

Thats the landed cost here in India.

if it is cleared by the customs here withoust imposing any duty then good, else we may have to pay more.....

also the local shipping cost will be extra.
for e,g, the package arrives in mumbai and if the member lives in Hyderabad (or vice versa) then 100 ~ 200 bucks for local shipping extra....

^^ yep..assuming no customs hassles...each pack of Si-120+panaflo will be around 900gms with the box et all.

shud be 150bucks atleast for shipping from source city.

.... and even if there is no custom duty imposed:hap2:
we have to be prepared for certain "Extra Expenses" ;) for getting the consignment cleared asap .......

Octroi is for sure about 3-4%... as far as I know.

Guys can I order 2 Panaflo 120MM High speed(with Tach output) with you peole ??? It's for the Cases.

let me know!

A Paypal account can be created for free.
So, one of us can create one and use it fo the transactions.
What say?

Any senior members like Deejay or any Mod up to the task?

@goldenfrag, nikhil..i guess u guys can place the orders too...donno what the others gonna say

The mobo compatibility chart tips the scales in favour of the SI 120!!:eek:hyeah:
Will be getting a new mobo soon and XP is a bit dicey on it!!;) :p

And guys, please recommend a good LED fan with speed control for the SI!!
something that can replace the recommended Panaflo without compromising performance!!:S :ashamed:

Was looking at the TT blue led smart120 and the enermax 120 clear ultracool speed dial!!
which one between them is better?? or recommend anything better!!:S :ashamed:
They cost 13.95 on sidewinder, just 3 (big) bucks more than the Panaflo@10.95$!!:ashamed: :cool2:

Why doesn't any other site ship to india? :mad:

I want a scythe ninja with 3 120mm yate loon fans. These are OEM for nexus fans, which are the reference at spcr. :cool2:

Anyways, I've mailed to sidewinder for a quote for single si-120 and 3 fans. So, we'll get to know how much (if at all) we get to save in a mass order. I suppose shipping to each member ( e.g. from mumbai to hyd. etc) should also be counted into the total cost.

well frozencpu ships to india but their shipping charges are over the edge.

So this is the only 1 site left. The shipping can take upto 3-4 weeks no matter what they say on their site. The final phase is handled by our beloved Indian postal service. so you can guess :p

Anyway, i would have allowed you guys to order using my paypal account but the amount is just too much for me to handle.

Back