Thermalright Heatsink Mass Order Thread

Anish said:
But its passive cooling is what attracts me towards it, complete silence...:|

Thats because you live in PEACEFUL SILENT GOA - I live very near 2 colleges plus a Gaming and a Pizza Parlour are right under my window. Even a bank of Tornado Fans would not be heard over all the street noise. :p

@ eazy,
:eek:hyeah: :) ;)

but most probably that h/s is not installed properly ....especially note the wires on the top of the h/s.they seem to be applying pressure downwards, transforming it into ur "leaning tower":D ......

My 1st preference is the scythe ninja. But since its not available @ sidewinders, I'll settle for the si-120.
One advantage the si-120 has over others is that it can help cool components near the cpu socket.

Eazy said:
You read on the last page of the review - the comparison of the HC-01 with the Scythe Ninja. To me the Ninja seems better made and it has an option to attach a fan. It looks deadly.... Scythe Ninja review....

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article251-page1.html
@ eazy,
yes i know ninja is a pretty good cooler too.
infact nearly all of the top of the line coolers from various reputed co's perform equally well with only a few C difference amongst them. ultimately it all depends upon how well you install them in ur m/c and the general layout , airflow, and other envoirmental factors inside the case. (user DIY)

But one thing is clearly evident, these new breed of air coolers are narrowing the gap between air coolers and water cooling for the cpu. for normal or somewhat modest overclocking the difference between these air coolers and H2O cooling is practically nil or not very substantial.

Guys, what about customs? And will the parcel be delivered to the doorstep, or would we need to collect it from somewhere? I think funky got some stuff from sidewinder.

Paging Funky - Please reply.

sidewinder undervalue's the goods so that we dont have to pay customs. but i dont know if we order in such a large quantity we might have to pay.

& does any1 have paypal?

i talked to gulbir also from prime trying to findout if he had si120 or xp90 but they are not available here. he will tell me in a couple of days if he can get the thermaltake bigtyphoon here.

also keep us updated about the shipping argus. it will be in the 1st mail u get from sidewinder in the attached pdf file. it wont be in the 2nd mail.

That leaning tower is scary!!

@Deejay- Thank you for that detail about the TT BT!! So it just increases ny confusion on what to get!! I checked out the High Riser yesterday after u told me!! They also had a link on fitting a fan to the High Riser using cable ties as wire clips not available for it!!

And if spcr thinks soldered fins better, then XP has fins soldered to base unlike SI with fins only around pipes!! Does it imply XP better than SI??

Theres no Customs on this.

Its not exactly and Electronic part now is it? ;)...

Dont worry about customs, you wont be charged a penny.

5 SI-120's :O.. Make sure they have it in stock :rofl:....

Any1 getting the 146CFM 5000RPM Monster??? :p...

BIKeINSTEIN said:
That leaning tower is scary!!

@Deejay- Thank you for that detail about the TT BT!! So it just increases ny confusion on what to get!! I checked out the High Riser yesterday after u told me!! They also had a link on fitting a fan to the High Riser using cable ties as wire clips not available for it!!

And if spcr thinks soldered fins better, then XP has fins soldered to base unlike SI with fins only around pipes!! Does it imply XP better than SI??
If XP-120 fits ur mobo, get XP-120 instead of SI-120. XP-120 will perform better!

Based on my experience, paying customs duty (or not) depends on luck... the chances are 50/50. Problem is how are you going to explain or convince them these are NOT electronic items? :)

Also, undervaluing the goods doesn't always help because duty can be levied upto 100% the value of the item.

Get it shipped and cross your fingers - the chances are you won't pay a penny, but then be prepared if they ask you to cough up some dough.

RiO said:
Also, undervaluing the goods doesn't always help because duty can be levied upto 100% the value of the item.

Recently I bought a Razer Diamondback LE and 2 Mantis. Order value was $110. But Razerzone store undervalued the products to an unbelivable price of $1 each :p I had no customs hassels too :D

my 2 cents worth of experience

Back