Things from the U.S.A - ( Newegg, Amazon, Monoprice, Crazypc, Sidewinders Etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ no one will get a price right now. Understand motive is not profit here to quote each one. what happens is simple. When i order in bulk from the us. the shipping from us to india is cheap. custom clearance fee of agent is one time . or else these 2 factors will rise the cost. you guys post the link here. i will collect all links on 20th august. get quotes and send it to all. Now. after that people who finalize the things. will be got , thought pricing may change a bit if people plan to back out.

mediahome.in said:
sound equipment have heavy duty in India. expect around 50% hike in price
Should be 23.8% on cost+shipping+insurance

Desecrator said:
Yikes! But anyways do let me know the final quote. :)
Try pricing the same on other sites to get an idea of the duty charged, GEB or SYW.

What jacks the price up is the shipping more than anything if its heavy.

The bit ppl forget is duty is applied on the TOTAL cost spent to get the goods to you not just the price of the product. A good reason for which ppl tend to underquote but thats really subject to whether the customs dbl check the prices in their database. So you can underquote just don't overdo it otherwise they'll challenge it and apply duty on what they think it should cost and they will go with MRP's. There needs to be good paperwork to challenge them in this case but in the end they have to go with what you show them.

mediahome.in said:
duty on sound equipment isapprox 30% . there is additional cess n all also that u dni account for
Umm..i did account for it, the max duty they can charge is 28.6%

(1) 10% - Basic
(2) 10% - CVD
(3) 3% - edu cess on (2) CVD
(4) 3% - Edu cess on all of the above (1)+(2)+(3)
(5) 4% - Special Additional Duty on all of the above (1)+(2)+(3)+(4)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
max is 28.6% CIS (Cost Price + Insurance + Shipping)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(5) does not apply to audio equipment like DAC's, Headphones etc which i'm assuming is in the same category as what Gannu wants and therefore the total duty payable should be 23.8%.

Now this is for my state of Karnataka if your state charges anything extra is another question, with octroi and everything but outside mumbai i would think the above appplies everywhere else in the country.

I accept i could be wrong here but the defintive answer lies in matching the EXIM code to the goods concerned.

^ Would you know if there is any customs payable for goods worth less than 10K that are shipped to India? As gift or otherwise? I believe there is none, but some folks seem to say there is :)

That 10k figure is what SYW quotes but the customs officer i chatted with said it was more like Rs.2k.

Now if the volume the vendor does is sizeable maybe they have managed to work out a deal like this so its Rs.10K. So its vendor specific and not universal and will not apply if you ordered something yourself indivudually from a foreign supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back