Budget 15-20K Thinking of buying Moto G73, but unsure of Mediatek

gourav

Skilled
I'm thinking of buying Moto g73 for my dad. How's Mediatek Dimensity 930 in terms of performance and battery life?

Earlier Mediatek also had poor longevity where performance would degrade in a year. Is that still the case?

Also wanted to know people's experience with Moto in general. Haven't owned a moto phone in years.

Honestly, I was worried about Motorola phones when Lenovo bought the company, but it is good to see that they haven't changed Motorola quality and reliability, and they continue with the stock Android. It is a major bonus if they provide assured updates.

Buying from Chroma will be a good choice. Also, they handle the service I think, atleast they do so for OnePlus where my brother bought the phone for my mom. They might have some offers too, for discount.

I'm thinking of buying Moto g73 for my dad. How's Mediatek Dimensity 930 in terms of performance and battery life?

Earlier Mediatek also had poor longevity where performance would degrade in a year. Is that still the case?

Also wanted to know people's experience with Moto in general. Haven't owned a moto phone in years.
I own a Moto phone. Every thing is fine but I face a lot of call drop issues. Software bugs are there but nothing major and clear UI(no ads) best for elder people who seems to click anything that appears on screen.

Thanks @AJ7 , that was helpful.

I'll probably ask my dad to buy from chroma, if available. Can't trust Flipkart when I won't be there to receive it.
If you're buying from croma, they have different bank card offers on different days. Make sure to ask them to avail maximum benifits. Also, I heard somewhere any people working in tata company can avail employee discount in croma (don't know if it's true or not) but if you do visit them, please confirm from them about this. Also, I bought Moto g71 5g and it's OS is really good with regular software updates. So I would also recommend Moto phones.

If you're buying from croma, they have different bank card offers on different days. Make sure to ask them to avail maximum benifits. Also, I heard somewhere any people working in tata company can avail employee discount in croma (don't know if it's true or not) but if you do visit them, please confirm from them about this. Also, I bought Moto g71 5g and it's OS is really good with regular software updates. So I would also recommend Moto phones.
Yes, I'm aware of card discounts. But I don't know any Tata employees.

If you're buying from croma, they have different bank card offers on different days. Make sure to ask them to avail maximum benifits.
Yep

Also, I heard somewhere any people working in tata company can avail employee discount in croma (don't know if it's true or not) but if you do visit them, please confirm from them about this.

It's true. Croma is owned by Tata, and they offer discount to Tata employees. My brother is one, so I know of this.

check these

or

Just saying. Motorola is notorious for terrible or worse, non-existent software updates. Happy to be proved wrong here but some of their phones come with weird hardware issues that can't be fixed! Moto g60 is one such example.. Its screen.. Well it just jumps every single day.. The ghosting is present on every single unit (confirmed from the deva over at Telegram) and the company turned a blind eye towards it.
Honestly, you're better off with a generation or two old Samsung Galaxy phones.. Even if the exynos SoC heats a bit, you'll get timely software updates. And solid offline support.
Or you can go with Asus Zenfones. I use one and it's been a solid experience.
Mi phones have never caused me any trouble but I've not bought any Mi phone after the legendary Note 4. Can't vouch for the recent ones.

Just saying. Motorola is notorious for terrible or worse, non-existent software updates. Happy to be proved wrong here but some of their phones come with weird hardware issues that can't be fixed! Moto g60 is one such example.. Its screen.. Well it just jumps every single day.. The ghosting is present on every single unit (confirmed from the deva over at Telegram) and the company turned a blind eye towards it.
Honestly, you're better off with a generation or two old Samsung Galaxy phones.. Even if the exynos SoC heats a bit, you'll get timely software updates. And solid offline support.
Or you can go with Asus Zenfones. I use one and it's been a solid experience.
Mi phones have never caused me any trouble but I've not bought any Mi phone after the legendary Note 4. Can't vouch for the recent ones.
Till note 7 pro i have used.
And they were all good. Don't know above that.
I think the graph is going downwards from there.

Please don't I have moto g82 and I'm freakin scared to update to Android 13 due to these widespread display issues like green and pink lines appearing out of nowhere.

If I remember correctly moto devices are available at reliance digital instead of chroma
You are right. I checked Reliance Digital site, and they do show Motorola mobiles. But, on the site, I didn't see models like G13, G14.

Strange though, I looked at all options on site and didn't see Moto G84 there, but when I searched from Google for Moto G84, it showed available at Reliance Digital, and I was even able to open that page. Dunno why it doesn't show on their site when I search for Motorola phones.

You are right. I checked Reliance Digital site, and they do show Motorola mobiles. But, on the site, I didn't see models like G13, G14.

Strange though, I looked at all options on site and didn't see Moto G84 there, but when I searched from Google for Moto G84, it showed available at Reliance Digital, and I was even able to open that page. Dunno why it doesn't show on their site when I search for Motorola phones.
Are you able to add to cart? Reliance does this idiocy, either there is no add to cart button or products are not available at pincodes for some older models.

for G84, this is what I see - no buy button anywhere.
1697312722967.png

Back