Budget 15-20K Thinking of buying the lg 8x.........

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Feeling like buying the lg 8x just for the heck of it [emoji12][emoji4]
As it is i like LG phones tbh.

Was wondering if you great folks can suggest when there will be the next sale on these.
Plus do share about best option to grab it via 0 percent EMI now or in the sale.
Any ans all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

My smartphone journey started with a nokia ( N72 possibly, before that had a weird shaped nokia 6600 ages ago in undergrad medical school) then against everyone's advice bought a Windows Phone ( htc HD2...it was a solid phone, it was possible to run early versions of Android in it)
After that it was Apple ( 4S till 8) possibly skipped 7 in between. Thought could live without the headphone out. By that time was knee deep in that "ecosystem" with an iMac at home,MBP/ MBA , ipad2 followed by ipad air 2 while on the road. When the 6s came I was in Europe and the price of iphones were pretty reasonable.
Apple completely destroyed my workflow ( mostly keynote for work and Logic for mixing, mastering as a hobby) by removing the usb A in the laptops ( have TBs of Kontakt libraries in usb drives...all bought legally..stopped using pirated libraries after getting 50 EUR from a band)
In 2019 I summoned enough courage to gradually move away from the walled garden of Apple and discovered the wonderful DAWs for Windows ( Microsoft tries to screw them up by the absolutely rubbish audio drivers... ASIO4ALL saved me...God bless the developers...I will keep on donating to that project till I die)
Once I transferred most of projects into Samplitude/ Studio One/ Ableton Live ( didn't know Cakewalk was free...wasted thousands on the first two, Live was free with Push 2) I was finally freed from Apple!! Ditching iOS was nothing compared to leaving OS X ( Is it called XI now?) I still have that iMac as it's a very powerful machine and I couldn't transfer few projects from Logic ( was paid for them...plan to export the stems in wave once I return home..large projects with hundreds of stems...)
iOS to android was not really a big deal ( apps are very cheap compared to computer softwares and I use very few paid app)
But it's EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to move to Microsoft from Apple both technically and financially. Almost all audio production related good softwares are pretty expensive...to minimise the loss in future I took the Slate digital bundle on monthly payment basis and it's worth it.
I may also go back to iOS again, but that's not due to security reasons ( unless someone steals money from bank accounts or credit cards I have nothing really to hide...all semi sensitive photos are stored locally now and we are boring common people with no social media accounts anymore) but rather non availability of mid range android phones in Europe ( except shitty Samsung A series phones)
I feel far more comfortable with Android as an operating system with a proper file manager ( that's a very important thing for me) offloading an audio file ( not a 10MB MP3 , but a 100MB .wav/ FLAC file) from an iphone to a Windows machine is still a very complex process for me.

Parin is selling demo pieces for 20k, if you are interested i can hook you up with him
IMG-20210203-WA0017.jpg

Parin is selling demo pieces for 20k, if you are interested i can hook you up with himView attachment 99837
What are demo pieces? How good will they be? Will there be any warranty on them left if anything goes wrong at least for another 12 months or so? And finally can Parin give any kind of Invoice if warranty is there and can be utilised?
I think 12k to 15k is a very good price if the demo pieces are in good condition but 20k is too much.
But if Parin can give warranty or any kind of assurance then maybe for 18k I might ask my relative to consider.
PM me all the details.
Thanks.

What are demo pieces? How good will they be? Will there be any warranty on them left if anything goes wrong at least for another 12 months or so? And finally can Parin give any kind of Invoice if warranty is there and can be utilised?
I think 12k to 15k is a very good price if the demo pieces are in good condition but 20k is too much.
But if Parin can give warranty or any kind of assurance then maybe for 18k I might ask my relative to consider.
PM me all the details.
Thanks.
These demo pieces are the ones that are on display in the stores and thus interacted with and kept on for numerous hours every day. Of course, they might be rotated and some may have seen less usage, but it is quite a lottery.

There is really no incentive to purchase them, especially for OLED displays that have degradation and burn-in issues, as these pieces have accelerated ageing compared to normal usage.

PM me all the details.
Thanks.
I asked 15k. Said no. I will ask about warranty and all and let you know

If he was to give warranty for them, it will most likely be his own personal warranty. I wouldn't expect more than a week let alone a year @bssunilreddy
I wouldn't pay 20k for mere personal warranty and that too for a week. And if he works for LG then maybe we can consider but somebody who is asking 20k for demo pieces should be expecting the same from buyers right. That is some kind of warranty in return.
Just saying.

I have no clue about anything when it comes to mobile phones reselling so correct me if i'm wrong, but demo pieces aren't meant to be sold right? I'm just assuming that these pieces are coming directly from some retail trader who's dumping them through another middleman. I wouldn't keep my hopes up if i were you @bssunilreddy

Last edited:
I have no clue about anything when it comes to mobile phones reselling so correct me if i'm wrong, but demo pieces aren't never meant to be sold right? I'm just assuming that these pieces are coming directly from some retail trader who's dumping them through another middleman. I wouldn't keep my hopes up if i were you @bssunilreddy
Then let chethansha enquire about the price and warranty. Then we all can take a decision.
I just read a review about this phone and its ratings are good with clean software with no bloatware and good processor.
But price & warranty are two major factors for us Indians.
This is what I read when I saw an article about Tesla cars entering into Indian market.

Demo pieces are officially sold after a certain period, more often than not some dealer buys them in bulk and disposes at a discount.
I would not advise anyone to buy demo pieces as they are constantly being charged and screens remain on with 100% brightness 24x7.
I might buy them at may be 10 or 12 k if i am in dire need.

Kindly stay away.
Better to buy new from flipkart within sale period plus with card cashback ans discount.. Once can easily land one at 22 to 24k this way, may be even less who knows, that will come with 1 year company warranty along with a fresh unused unit.

Don't buy an amoled phone that was used for demo. Amoleds still have burn in issues. They aren't visible in personal phones that are used max 6-7 hours per day. Demo phones probability run for 12 hours per day at max brightness. This wil wear both screen and battery. No point buying this lottery ticket unless the offered price is incredibly tempting.

Don't buy an amoled phone that was used for demo. Amoleds still have burn in issues. They aren't visible in personal phones that are used max 6-7 hours per day. Demo phones probability run for 12 hours per day at max brightness. This wil wear both screen and battery. No point buying this lottery ticket unless the offered price is incredibly tempting.
Agreed my old v30+ has burn in in the navigation button.

LG G8x is great if you value quality over quantity. People don't give LG enough credit not just in India but globally but they're solid and I'd choose them anyday over Samsung.

Back