'This is My Broadband Plan' Thread

ISP,Area,City: Pacenet, Kalyan(East) Dist-Thane, Mumbai, MH
Speed and FUP: 1Mbps...... limit 10GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: Not Applicable
Amount inc Taxes:Rs 400/- per month
Performance: Perfect option in my area, downtime during loadshedding

ISP,Area,City: BSNL, Chennai (Sowcarpet)
Speed and FUP: 2mbps 2am-8am unlimited Rest of the time - 1.5gb free usage
Post Fair Usage Speeds: NA
Amount inc Taxes: 562
Performance:It was awesome. Constant download speeds of 200kbps. Was downloading 35-40gb every month. WEF July they have withdrawn night unlimited.

ISP,Area,City: BSNL, Chennai (Sowcarpet)
Speed and FUP: 2mbps 2am-8am unlimited Rest of the time - 1.5gb free usage
Amount inc Taxes: 562
Performance:It was awesome. Constant download speeds of 200kbps. Was downloading 35-40gb every month. WEF July they have withdrawn night unlimited.
You didn't mentioned speed after FUP usage, only free usage data 1.5gb is mentioned.

ISP,Area,City: Idea Broadband. Kondhwa, Pune
Speed and FUP: 2 mbps (10GB FUP)
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512 kbps
Amount inc Taxes: 674 (25GB FUP for 1K approx)
Performance: Good download speeds of about 150-200 kbps. Can play HD vids on youtube w/o too much buffering. Not experienced too much downtime yet.

using mtnl 3g delhi sim on bsnl 3g network
speed:5-9mbps
downtime:no problem
place:jodhpur,rajasthan
cost:1650rs unlimited
Really good considering no other good broadband in my area except bsnl which is sh*t and its plans you know
Mainly using for downloading huge steam and origin games and their big updates likes bf4,bf3 payday,tf2 etc
getting around 1-1.4MB/s download speed in origin and 800KB/s in steam.Really good considering no isp in my place.But pings are shit always >140ms so using airtel 3g 1gb plan for 250 for gaming that has 40ms pings.
Also would like to say that please include pings too they matter alot inspite of speed

ISP,Area,City: Alliance Broadband, Bansdroni, Kolkata
Speed and FUP: 1 Mbps (Normal), 4Mbps (Night, 1:00 am - 9:00 am); No FUP
Amount inc Taxes: 845 (incl taxes)
Performance: Awesome, downtime sometimes (mostly in monsoon) but generally fixed quickly.

Airtel Delhi.

2350 all inc. 4MBPS wiht 80-GB limit.

I feel like I am getting ripped off. :(

But the only other option in my locality is MTNL and their service was utterly horrible.

ISP,Area,City: Spectranet FOX. green glen layout,bellandur, bangalore
Speed and FUP:16 mbps (85/80 GB FUP)
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2048 kbps
Amount inc Taxes: 1450
Performance: Good download speeds of about 1 - 2 MBps . Can play HD vids on youtube w/o too much buffering. Not experienced too much downtime yet.[DOUBLEPOST=1406537859][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.spectranet.in/fox.php
are the plan details, 1000 bucks for installation and this gets you a basic router...

Last edited:
^^ @srkmish

There you go
Second option.

These plans imo are due to stiff competition from the likes of Beam ISP and other local players.. Which really is a ridiculous thing, cuz a state owned company has different plans for different states. Rank shamelessness. iirc, they have enough bandwidth with them to provide such plans all over.

Anybody got any idea if this differential treatment by a state owned company being okay/acceptable?

^^ @srkmish

There you go
Second option.

These plans imo are due to stiff competition from the likes of Beam ISP and other local players.. Which really is a ridiculous thing, cuz a state owned company has different plans for different states. Rank shamelessness. iirc, they have enough bandwidth with them to provide such plans all over.

Anybody got any idea if this differential treatment by a state owned company being okay/acceptable?
My city doesn't have beam and this plan from BSNL is the best at this price point. The only thing at comes close is YOU broadband's 12Mbps till 25GB and 512Kbps after for Rs.1200, so I'm happy.
But yet I feel this speed and FUP difference for different areas is idiotic. Leave alone different states, the speeds and FUPs are different even in adjacent districts in my state. For the same Rs.999 a person living in a district beside me is getting 4Mbps upto 25GB and 512Kbps after which is pretty sad. In my state they selected the big cities for more speed and are asking the remaining places to deal with the stupid speeds, FUP limits and 512Kbps after FUP speeds.

I feel this speed and FUP difference for different areas is idiotic. Leave alone different states, the speeds and FUPs are different even in adjacent districts in my state. For the same Rs.999 a person living in a district beside me is getting 4Mbps upto 25GB and 512Kbps after which is pretty sad.

Dont mind me asking, but you are from AP.. right? If yes, i think the presence of a good ISP in the state makes BSNL formulate the plans differently.
But the info regarding the diff plans for different districts is pretty mind boggling. Didnt knew about this. Thanks.

Here in NCR, we do not have any good ISP providing blinding speeds and the only other competitor is Airtel, with reliance covering few sectors.. MTNL/BSNL is hardly bothered and all i can find for a good plan, is the the BSNL's promo plan which is something like 1445/- + taxes for 2Mbps till 20GB, then 1Mbps beyond.
Current plan of mine is Rs 990/- for 1Mbps, 512kbps after 6GB of FUP.

If only some kinda explanation could be obtained for the ridiculous plans BSNL has drafted with such huge variations :rage:

ISP: Shree Shyam Telecom(Local player), Borivali(W), Mumbai
Plan: Rs 550(including tax) pm.
Speed: 1 mbps, No fup, unlimited.

Very much happy with it, I can stream 1080p youtube videos on my TV without buffering. Very few downtimes.
With no limit, I can run my download box 24/7 with no tension of hitting some limit.

ISP,Area,City: Fivenet, Wadala, Mumbai
Speed and FUP: 1.5MBps, Unlimited.
Post Fair Usage Speeds: N/A
Amount inc Taxes: 1050
Performance: I play 1080p on Youtube without buffering. Torrents are unlocked- I have seen speeds upto 9MBps on good seeded torrents. Downtime has been a couple hours per week or so, not much in my opinion. Get access to DC hub, which gives good speeds to, but lately DC speeds suck ass - have dropped to about 1MBps compared to initial minimum 4-5MBps.

Back