Speed and FUP: 15Mbps and 60GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2Mbps
Amount inc Taxes:Rs. 1132/- per month
Performance: Its Awesome...

ISP,Area,City: Beam Fiber, Hyderabad.
Speed and FUP: 15Mbps | 50 GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2 Mbps
Amount: Rs.1120
Performance: No issues, excellent support, 99.9%up time with good http and torrent speed

Current:
ISP: Beam Telecom
Area,City: Hyderabad,AP
Speed and FUP: 15 Mbps | 50 GB FUP
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2 Mbps
Amount inc Taxes: Rs.1120.

ISP,Area,City: Beam Telecom, Moulali, Hyderabad(East) Dist, AP
Speed and FUP: 15Mbps and 60GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 2Mbps
Amount inc Taxes:Rs. 1132/- per month
Performance: Its Awesome...

Are you nuts? How many times will you post?

After asking for details almost a year back.

I took a average of first 30 posts, average spending towards Wired broadband connection comes around ~ Rs.1160 to Rs.1200/month.

Average Speed comes around ~1.5mbps and 50% of the people are being kept happy only with 1mbps no FUP plans.

Except airtel and few bsnl users, most of them complained they face a downtime every month.

ISP,Area,City: ACT Fibernet, Begumpet, Hyderabad
Speed and FUP: 40mbps up to 100Gb
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 3mbps
Amount inc Taxes: Rs 1200/mo
Performance: 98% uptime, Downtime can be painful because now a days they're taking 1 day to fix.

Earlier plan -

ISP, Area, Village - BSNL, Chauntra, Himachal Pradesh
Speed and FUP: 8Mbps up to 175GB
Post FUP: 512Kbps
Amount incl. taxes: 3300/month
Performance: SNR Margin was very low hence connection was never stable for more than 20 minutes. Speed was good so decided to stick with the pathetic reliability as I wasn't aware of any other ISP in my area. No big private player available as alternative over here.

New ISP

Airjaldi. It is a wireless service provider which is revolutionizing internet services in rural areas especially hilly areas considering they use line of sight to transmit data.
Speed and FUP: 4Mbps up to 100GB
Post FUP: 2Mbps
Amount incl. taxes: 2700/month
Performance: No downtime till now. Speeds are accurate and I have direct contact nos of the local technicians available in case some issue occurs.

P.S. - I had to pay just Rs. 4750 for their specific router. If my house hadn't been in the line of sight of their tower( which is on top of the nearby hill), I would have had to spend around 15k to setup a relay tower at my premises.

ISP,Area,City: ACT Fibernet, Whitefield, Bangalore
Speed and FUP: 30mbps up to 50Gb
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 0.5 mbps
Amount inc Taxes: ~Rs 1200/mo

ISP, Area, City: ACT Fibernet, Srinagar, Bangalore
Speed and FUP: 100Mbps up to 150GB
Post FUP: 1Mbps
Amount inc taxes: 2399
Performance: Awesome, accurate speeds and 1 day downtime in 1.6 years.

P.S - Subscribed for a year and got 2 months free and 25GB extra FUP per month.

ISP,Area,City: Tikona(Crap),Maharshinagar,Pune

Speed and FUP: 4 mbps till 80 GB

Post FUP : 512 kbps

Amount inc taxes: 1330

Performance :pre FUP - Acceptable
Post FUP - Pathetic

ISP, Area City: MTNL Triband, Navi Mumbai
Speed & FUP: 2 Mbps, unlimited
Post Fair Usage Speeds: NA
Amount: ~960.00
Performance: 99.9% uptime. But getting speed lower than advertised, actual download speed is around 140 KBps in the day time and it goes up to 170 KBps during nights

ISP,Area,City: BSNL, Sector-19, Panchkula(Haryana)
Speed and FUP: 2MBPS and 20GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 512kbps
Amount inc Taxes: 1495/- + Taxes
Performance: get a max of 85% of the promised speed

ISP,Area,City: ACT Fibernet, Begumpet, Hyderabad
Speed and FUP: 40mbps up to 100Gb
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 3mbps
Amount inc Taxes: Rs 1200/mo
Performance: 98% uptime, Downtime can be painful because now a days they're taking 1 day to fix.

For real??? Aren't ACT plans same throughout India??

ISP,Area,City: BSNL,Kerala
Speed and FUP: 2 Mbps till 20 GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 1 Mbps
Amount inc Taxes: 1445 + taxes
Performance: Pathetic

For real??? Aren't ACT plans same throughout India??

They are not the same. There are differences in plans offered among various cities and towns. ACT plans in HYD are based on the Beam Telecom legacy. So the pans in Hyd are better than plans in Bangalore.

For instance Incredible 1999 gives 200 GB FUP and 4 Mbps Post FUP in Hyd. The same plan is listed as having 125GB FUP and 1 Mbps Post FUP speeds for Bangalore.

I am also on ACT and mine is an unlisted plan.

ISP,Area,City: ACT, Hyderabad
Speed and FUP: 100 Mbps till 300 GB
Post Fair Usage Speeds: 6 Mbps
Amount inc Taxes: 2499/- + taxes
Performance: Ranges from Awesome to Divine. 99.9% up time, Great performance. Post FUP, I do get 6 Mbps, but it feels slow after being spoiled by 100 Mbps.

Last edited:
They are not the same. There are differences in plans offered among various cities and towns. ACT plans in HYD are based on the Beam Telecom legacy. So the pans in Hyd are better than plans in Bangalore.

For instance Incredible 1999 gives 200 GB FUP and 4 Mbps Post FUP in Hyd. The same plan is listed as having 125GB FUP and 1 Mbps Post FUP speeds for Bangalore.

Performance: Ranges from Awesome to Divine. 99.9% up time, Great performance. Post FUP, I do get 6 Mbps, but it feels slow after being spoiled by 100 Mbps.
pics pls.

I wish they upgrade the plans in bangalore similar to the ones in Hyd... For 1200, 3mbps post FUP speeds is really great and affordable..

Dear Subscriber,
Gentle reminder # 2
We have not received your information for us to take it forward. We now request you to share your detail on our official Tikona Forum - forum.tikona.in by mentioning the reference number in the subject line.
Regards,
Tikona Care
Your forum sucks. Your service sucks. Everything sucks about Tikona. I posted multiple threads in your stupid forum once, but none of them passed moderation. Now I'm glad that I'm not using Tikona anymore. Worst ISP ever.

Back