Tomb Raider - Discussion Thread

re: Tomb Raider (2012) - Discussion Thread

viralbug said:
I just wet myself. :jumpy:
Next to a 'hyper/excited' emoticon, that statement gives a totally wrong meaning. More of a genetic bug than viral. ;~;

WOW! Looks like they have re-vamped the entire gameplay and made it more free-flowing like Uncharted series. The ragdoll physics were just brilliant. Every single fall that Lara took seemed so life like. I see they have added QTE's too. But the atmosphere looked stunning. I hope they don't dumb down the puzzles.

[youtube]oBm-6jcGGHU[/youtube]

Ethan_Hunt said:
WOW! Looks like they have re-vamped the entire gameplay and made it more free-flowing like Uncharted series. The ragdoll physics were just brilliant. Every single fall that Lara took seemed so life like. I see they have added QTE's too. But the atmosphere looked stunning. I hope they don't dumb down the puzzles.

Very true. Stunning graphics and gameplay! :O The water effects are amazing! I miss the guns?! Sure, will not give this title a miss.

From the video it seems Keeping the gameplay mechanics same they have changed only the character and the story a bit.

But still borrowed elements from uncharted and resident evil series.wtf!Anyways not interesting enough.But still not that bad too. dont know how lara croft fans will take it specially all those who have enjoyed some or many of its previous series.

I am fan of it's previous titles and I found the new gameplay mechanics to be interesting. It looks more realistic and Lara's image is completely raw, as opposed to the previous games. I'm a bit sceptical about the QTE's, but then again, I'm more interested in the overall package.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I am fan of it's previous titles and I found the new gameplay mechanics to be interesting. It looks more realistic and Lara's image is completely raw, as opposed to the previous games.

Well realism blends well because lara is not athletic here remember.In previous ones lara is a well trained athletic character.Its obvious here that she cannot tackle obstacles smoothly because she is a rookie in this one.

Ethan_Hunt said:
but then again, I'm more interested in the overall package.
yep agree.:eek:hyeah:

Yeah, she isn't exactly supposed to be the usual Lara we know who can do anything. :D

I'm really interested in how they portray Lara's character as a young girl who hasn't explored much. All we can hope is they do it right.

hmm.. I'm very disappointed with the gameplay in the trailer. I mean, if they wanted to make survival game, why did they have to screw with Tomb Raider?? Call it anything else. In this trailer, gameplay looks like basically following onscreen cues to press buttons. It looks more like a interactive movie than a game.

Re: Tomb Raider (2012) - Discussion Thread

New Screens

screen0426frz.jpg

Source - NeoGAF - View Single Post - Tomb Raider - Day/Night Cycle, Weather Patterns, Loot and More! [New Screenshots]

Re: Tomb Raider (2012) - Discussion Thread

Just watch'd the the trailer and :O. Man no matter what i am buying this game..!!

Back