Top-10 Android Apps Thread

manu1991 said:
Sygic Aura is available for India. Nice. thanks for sharing.

One application which i find useful is Anti Spam SMS. Helps in blocking spam sms's.

Excellent. Thanks for this App. This will prove useful for blocking those shitty spam message I have been getting all along. Good to know it even block calls. :D

Just now saw a thread about someone losing his samsung galaxy 2. Now losing a phone would freak anyone out. So what are the options we android users have to take some pre emptive precautions to be able to retrieve (or have a chance atleast) what apps can we put? What are most effective? And how do they work?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

Any suggestions for a "from the line" 2 way call recorder? - one without any beeps or any kind of notification to the other party.

TIA.

Edit: Anyone here using rVoix?

So finally I'm on 3G and was wondering how to do video calling and I'm surprised to find that there's no native feature in Gingerbread to do 3g video calling, not over data but through carrier. Is there any app that enables this feature?

Which phone are you using? ZTE Blade?

I suppose video calling is enabled only if you have a front facing camera. Also see if your rom supports it.

^ Yes ZTE Blade, but I was thinking we could use back camera or at least see the other party.

Anyway on further reading found out that Samsung phones come with this feature which is enabled by Samsung in their Roms, but even Nexus S doesn't have it. The feature is not supported on US networks and hence not much importance has been given to it. Gingerbread 2.3.4 update enables video calling only through Google talk and there are other third party apps that can be used for video calling like Fring, Tango but all of them work on data plan, not 3g video calls through network as supported by Indian operators. :( Something that has been present even in old Nokia phones like N73.

Anyone using Tasker here? Haven't seen any mention of it here. It's a very powerful app, lets you automate many things based on different conditions.

raksrules said:
Just now saw a thread about someone losing his samsung galaxy 2. Now losing a phone would freak anyone out. So what are the options we android users have to take some pre emptive precautions to be able to retrieve (or have a chance atleast) what apps can we put? What are most effective? And how do they work?

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk
I found a couple of softwares but this seems good
SeekDroid
What I liked about this is you can get the current no. also !! n enable the gps from remote :eek:hyeah:
For 50 rs seems worth it.

Find my droid
Another good one with remote gps enable and its free!

SpyPhone
The standard data erase and tracking, actually good for spying :D

Take your pick!

arun687 said:
Anyone using Tasker here? Haven't seen any mention of it here. It's a very powerful app, lets you automate many things based on different conditions.

I tried, but never really got it to do anything. Some tips would be lovely.

New boot manager which will allows you to install up to 5 ROMs on one device.:)

Now choose which you want to boot from when you switch on your phone. This means that you can keep a stable release of your favorite ROM installed whilst installing the latest nightly release and checking out all the cool features that will make their way in to the next stable version.:clap:

BootManager Allows You To Install Up To 5 ROMs On One Device, Flashaholics Rejoice

salluks said:
Guys, is there any good and cheap SIP/Voip dialer?

everything here in dubai is blocked, including skype/fring and other famous ones..

I dont know and honestly have not figured out SIP in android.

but you should do independent sip config over vpn .

search for sites like sipgate,grandcentral

Any good app to make free / super low cost VOIP calls to normal phone / mobile phone to Indian numbers from outside ?
The app will probably make use of 3G or wifi for internet.

I know of Viber but in that both the parties have to have it installed. But i need something where source is android with some VOIP app and destination any normal mobile/landine phone.

^^You can use any SIP clients and buy a VOIP account from one of hundred's providing this service! Currently, I am using VOIP Raider which allows me to make unlimited free calls to any US numbers!

GO Launcher EX

GO SMS PRO

GO Contacts

Titanium Backup

PowerAmp

Mobo Player

ES File Manager

BarCode Scanner

HI-Q MP3 Recorder

Easy Installer

Back