Top-10 Android Apps Thread

ashu said:
How u conserve the battery?
You may check the link but also there are few more basic things you can do like keep brightness less, use data only when needed, do not kill tasks on the fly (android can manage tasks well), don't keep wifi unnecessarily on.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

JT_daniel said:
Hmm, mixed opinion on this one, killerz. For those who need data on 24x7, we can't really be turning 3G off when the phone sleeps.

What else does it do? I mean, other than the data off feature, what else? I need to know before taking the plunge.. (all these apps are pinching the wallet.. :( )
Yes its true buddy, if you use 3G data 24x7 , the app is useless in that case. Other than data it controls brightness, wifi and has many other customizable options. Why buy it just give the free version a try, there is no harm in that.
What was benificial to me was , it turns off sync when ur not using data, as soon as u turn on data, it automatically turns on sync, so the sync does not keep checking for data connection in background which drains battery.

guys try :
1. android assistant : pretty good with quick boost option, helps relieving lot of memory plus usual cleaners plus an uninstaller makes it a good tool and is free
2. Lock application (does get disabled through taskiller, but why not locking taskiller itself :D )

Did the same.....!!

by the way is there any one to check installed ram as we know it is 512MB?
the android assistant always shows it around 418~419mb installed...!!

Heres my set,

LauncherPro ( I use the paid version )

MoboPlayer ( for movies/tv )

Angry Birds ( all 3 )

Go SMS Pro ( stock sms replacement )

Wifi File Explorer Pro ( to upload stuff to my phone without plugging in )

LazyDroid Server ( to do stuff with my phone, without plugging it in )

QuickPic ( Gallery replacement app. ExTREMELY quick )

RemoteDroid ( Control my PC using my phone )

MortPlayer ( Although I'm using the Stock Music app with MusicFX on CM7 )

TV Show Favs ( to track my TV Shows )

Whatsapp ( like kik, multiplatform, including symbian, BBM-style messenger )

Oh also, I use Swype/Stock GB keyboard.

Is there any properly working Pedometer application for android ? I tried Cardio Trainer which has Pedometer too but that does not work properly i feel. It pauses itself when a call comes and even under normal circumstances (without call, properly walking and all) it does not detect the steps properly.

Tried one more small app but that too was junk.

Any better app ?

Had the Nokia step counter in my 5230 before and it was near perfect. Properly recorded everything and rarely there were wrong steps registrations. Hell it even listed the intensity of walks in graphical format)

Guys is there any app to make one of the volume buttons as physical camera button because Defy does not have any physical camera shutter button

^^Even if it counts distance (without GPS) , it will be good.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is there any good application for listening to shoutcast radio stations ?

I tried Radiobee which is very good but it seems that it does not search for Artists properly. I put Kailash Kher in search and got no results :(

But other things work fine.

Any other better option ?

monkee said:
Did you try Winamp?
Tried winamp and with shoutcast in it, it always says "Unable to play the stream" while the same radio station works in Radiobee :S

Btw never knew there was Winamp for Android. Had used it a lot few years back for music :)

raksrules said:
^^Even if it counts distance (without GPS) , it will be good.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Is there any good application for listening to shoutcast radio stations ?

I tried Radiobee which is very good but it seems that it does not search for Artists properly. I put Kailash Kher in search and got no results :(

To count distance without GPS it will need to count number of steps. :p

Btw, why not turn GPS on then? It will drain battery though.

Anyways post here if you find an app. I don't have my Android with me currently so can't test any app. :(

Btw have you checked out SportsTracker and Endomondo Sports tracker?

raksrules said:
[/COLOR]Is there any good application for listening to shoutcast radio stations ?

Try mundu radio

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Back