Top-10 Android Apps Thread

Actually is there any other way to uninstall stock applications than rooting or modding the phone?? Just do not want to void warranty within a week of buy.:ashamed:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bt the way tried searching tapatalk but only paid version is there.is that one paid only?

toki tori is available on the market. came across it by accident yesterday. pretty fun game, massive hit on the wii and it got ported to pc too. check it out guys.

^ Yeah I've heard its a nice game. Installing it as we speak. :D

Have any one of you tried Camera360? It's a camera app with which you can add a lot of different effects to your pics. Its pretty neat. :D

Picsay pro is the app to get if you want to pS your photos.

Loads of wonderful effects and many more things.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

viralbug said:
^ Yeah I've heard its a nice game. Installing it as we speak. :D

Have any one of you tried Camera360? It's a camera app with which you can add a lot of different effects to your pics. Its pretty neat. :D
Way better than camera360.

Picsay pro is the app to get if you want to pS your photos.

Loads of wonderful effects and many more things.

swapyworld said:
Guys i m still using my stock application, need suggestions for following :
1. Music player with equalizer (already available as bass, pop, classic etc) :ashamed:
2. A web browser (confused between skyfire, opera, dolphin and firefix) :S
3. Messenger with multiple logins (gmail, facebook, yahoo) ..using rechat but shows ads every now and then :mad:
4. Uninstaller for stocked applications

Music player - PowerAMP
Web Browser- Opera Mini/Mobile
Messenger - Trillian (I never used it though, heard good things about it)
Uninstaller - no idea, I'd like to know about it too.

My Apps and my list of must have apps-

Seesmic
Watchdog
Astro
gStrings (Paid)
Chordbot (Paid)
Moboplayer
Go Sms
Facebook (only for contacts.. )
Titanium Backup (Paid)
PowerAMP (Paid)
Wifi Analyser
Beutiful Widgets (Paid)
Launcher Pro (Paid)

Guys recently i installed Juice Defender app, n my battery backup is now 2x.
I selected aggressive mode n placed a jucedefender widget on home screen to enable disable data connectivity. Awesome app.
Those who are unaware shud definitely try it out.

Hmm, mixed opinion on this one, killerz. For those who need data on 24x7, we can't really be turning 3G off when the phone sleeps.

What else does it do? I mean, other than the data off feature, what else? I need to know before taking the plunge.. (all these apps are pinching the wallet.. :( )

^^The most battery drainer things are data connectivity / continuously ON wifi and hence these battery saver apps just let us set profiles / conditions when the data/wifi should turn off and hence implicitly saving the battery.

Juice defender may not be your need if you are having data on full time.

Btw sent you a PM check it.

Got it Raksrules. Many thanks! :)

You know, I find WIFI a much bigger battery drainer than 3G.. I rarely use my WiFI nowadays! lol

IMHO, I think you can defend your Android's "juice" by simply being a lot more careful.. :)

JT_daniel said:
IMHO, I think you can defend your Android's "juice" by simply being a lot more careful.. :)

+1 to this. Exactly what i wanted to mention. Instead of using these apps, just being more careful will get you better battery life. I get more than 60 Hours on my Blade with whatever my usage pattern is.

What's the max battery life that you guys can achieve with Data and Background Account Sync both on 24X7? Max I have got is about 49 hours and that is phenomenal for an Android phone. Btw, I own a G2!

I got 58 hours on my Blade last charge and I still had 11 % left. I use 3G always on and plus Gmail IMAP, Seesmic and Beautiful widgets syncing at decent intervals.

I presume I'll probably get more with 3G off!

Back