Top-10 Android Apps Thread

^^I tried real player but it always says some sort of connection issue inspite of everything being fine

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

It says...

Connecting to streaming server

and then

Having issues connecting to streaming server.

No idea why though.

Btw in real player on my phone, when i got to settings, i get some popup related to participation in customer program and nothing related to any settings. What is this ??

One more addition to the already good offline GPS navigation apps for India namely Ndrive and Sygic with MapMyIndia Maps. We now have Sygic Navigator with Aura for India. It has 3D maps for some of the Indian cities like Mumbai, others i dont know. You can check yourself.
Check couple of screenshots

1. The Bombay Stock Exchange
9kz68h.png

2. Wankhede Stadium
95ol0o.jpg

Guys is there any app to make one of the volume buttons as physical camera button because Defy does not have any physical camera shutter button

There is a paid app called 'underwater camera' etc .. which will allow you to do this exact same thing. Might require a root .. dunt remember.

dexBG said:
There is a paid app called 'underwater camera' etc .. which will allow you to do this exact same thing. Might require a root .. dunt remember.
There is an application called Littlephoto. This app uses the volume key but problem is flash is not working on my Defy while using this App.

raksrules said:
One more addition to the already good offline GPS navigation apps for India namely Ndrive and Sygic with MapMyIndia Maps. We now have Sygic Navigator with Aura for India. It has 3D maps for some of the Indian cities like Mumbai, others i dont know. You can check yourself.
Check couple of screenshots

1. The Bombay Stock Exchange
9kz68h.png

2. Wankhede Stadium
95ol0o.jpg
cisco_tech said:
Yes I have just installed latest sygic version on vibrant. 3D maps are only available for bombay, banglore and delhi.
Awesome!! I'm getting this. :D

In these maps in sygic, as we can also see from the screenshots, there are various POIs displayed as colourful icons. But i dont see any way we can just tap an icon and see what it is and its details. How to do that ?

raksrules said:
In these maps in sygic, as we can also see from the screenshots, there are various POIs displayed as colourful icons. But i dont see any way we can just tap an icon and see what it is and its details. How to do that ?
Tap on the screen. Go to Maps - > Current location and then tap on the icons...

^^Same query here. It does now work. When i tap on screen nothing happens, in 3D or 2D mode, nothing works.

PS: The navigation is not ON and i am using it in my office so it still says "waiting for valid signal" but yes my last location is showing fine with few POIs, which i cannot see what they are.

Ok so i moved the map a bit and a small locator type thing came (like sniper target type), i took it to some random POI and tapped in and that box got highlighted and it gave me options like

Drive to

Walk there

Nearby POI (this is useless option as it lists all POI and not THE ONE that i wanted info on)

etc etc

Sygic Aura is available for India. Nice. thanks for sharing.

One application which i find useful is Anti Spam SMS. Helps in blocking spam sms's.

AiPzP.png

manu1991 said:
Sygic Aura is available for India. Nice. thanks for sharing.

One application which i find useful is Anti Spam SMS. Helps in blocking spam sms's.

How does it identify a sms as spam? And how configurable is it?

One way is you can block all messages not sent my people in your contacts. Or block messages from specific names/numbers or allow messages from specific names/numbers or block keywords like "Weight Loss" "Hot Deal" etc.What i do is keep adding advertising messages in the blacklist and it automatically blocks similar sms's in the future.

Back